Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-19-2023, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

No, my argument is there are situations you arent clicking a few buttons non-stop. Anytime you run from point A to Point B without 100% hps and mana a fungi is better, as is being a troll.

Like most server lies like "all stats will cap in Velious so it doesnt matter" the classic "shaman dont need a fungi with torp" should come with some fine print. You don't need anything in this stupid game but it doesnt mean situationally some things wont come in handy. A torp sham can solo chardok stuff and raid in banded armor, it doesnt mean people shouldnt try to get better gear if they can.

Every tick a fungi heals 15hps. Every tick torp is active you gain 300hps. Unless you are unable to canni at full efficiency because you barely have 1500hps a fungi is helpful. Before you construct a straw man with my name on it, I admit having more mana and hps is always helpful but we are isolating the argument of regen and why it's a good thing. This is some basic math here...

Edit: Vindi bp for a tanking/dps Sk is pretty much BiS. For many reasons. Fungi is still good and situationally BiS. I feel like I have to add that in since we have lost the forest for the trees yet again.
Last edited by Snaggles; 08-19-2023 at 11:58 AM..
Old 08-19-2023, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, my argument is there are situations you arent clicking a few buttons non-stop. Anytime you run from point A to Point B without 100% hps and mana a fungi is better, as is being a troll.

Like most server lies like "all stats will cap in Velious so it doesnt matter" the classic "shaman dont need a fungi with torp" should come with some fine print. You don't need anything in this stupid game but it doesnt mean situationally some things wont come in handy. A torp sham can solo chardok stuff and raid in banded armor, it doesnt mean people shouldnt try to get better gear if they can.

Every tick a fungi heals 15hps. Every tick torp is active you gain 300hps. Unless you are unable to canni at full efficiency because you barely have 1500hps a fungi is helpful. Before you construct a straw man with my name on it, I admit having more mana and hps is always helpful but we are isolating the argument of regen and why it's a good thing. This is some basic math here...
Running from point A to point B is more likely to get you killed when you are at 50% HP/MP. There is no reason to not spend a minute before you start running by Torporing back up. It's just so quick.

I am not saying you can't buy a Fungi for that purpose if that is how you like to play, but it has nothing to do with efficiency, which is what is being argued.
Old 08-19-2023, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Running from point A to point B is more likely to get you killed when you are at 50% HP/MP. There is no reason to not spend a minute before you start running by Torporing back up. It's just so quick.

I am not saying you can't buy a Fungi for that purpose if that is how you like to play, but it has nothing to do with efficiency, which is what is being argued.
And there is the strawman.

No, I mean if you are running with 99% health you are less efficient. Even if your last torp dance gets you to FM and like 95% health if you dont do another cycle you are less efficient. Some might say "lazy".

LOL yea, I always run places with half health and half hps. No root on the bar either. No sow. Usually encumbered. Thanks for the protip on that one, I never thought this could be dangerous. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2023, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And there is the strawman.

No, I mean if you are running with 99% health you are less efficient. Even if your last torp dance gets you to FM and like 95% health if you dont do another cycle you are less efficient. Some might say "lazy".

LOL yea, I always run places with half health and half hps. No root on the bar either. No sow. Usually encumbered. Thanks for the protip on that one, I never thought this could be dangerous. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't create a strawman.

Just look at your last two posts. You didn't specify what HP/MP numbers you would be running with. Am I supposed to read your mind as to what you are talking about?

I used 50% HP/MP as a simple example, because even at 50% HP/MP it will only take you a minute to a minute and a half to get back to safe levels.

Once you are at 95% HP, the extra Regen isn't going to matter one way or the other. You can pop on a Regrowth if you care, or just get to your destination and start fighting at 95%. If you can't do a fight at 95% HP, don't do the fight.
Old 08-19-2023, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

I like to wear vindi BPs cos they are super easy to acquire and as they are well stated raid loot I can tell myself they are better than a fungi.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-19-2023, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like to wear vindi BPs cos they are super easy to acquire and as they are well stated raid loot I can tell myself they are better than a fungi.
If you wear a Vindi BP instead of a Fungi, you are showing that you don't mind losing 13 Regen.
Old 08-19-2023, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Or I don’t want the hustle/hassle of liquidising and consolidating asset to visit Ec and get a fungi (camping one isn’t terribly reliable in my experience).

Its definitely a cope for not having a fungi.

Old 08-19-2023, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or I don’t want the hustle/hassle of liquidising and consolidating asset to visit Ec and get a fungi (camping one isn’t terribly reliable in my experience).

Its definitely a cope for not having a fungi.
You are still playing without a fungi and doing fine. If you thought the fungi would help significantly you would get one. You agree with me too by your actions.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-19-2023 at 02:57 PM..
Old 08-19-2023, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol all you do is create straw men. You do it constantly. In fact I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone better at it.
^^ Collection of DSM posts on the p99 forums
More lies. You can see I wasn't strawmanning him. If you don't provide enough detail in your post, you cannot expect people to read your mind. I gave an example amount of HP and MP since he did not. I did not say that he said 50% HP/MP.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly! It’s because of people like DSM who just keep spreading bad advice. He will sit here and say 20 int iis useful but regen isn’t, lol.
This on the otherhand IS a strawman. I never said those words, and Crede is explicitly making the claim that I did. You should go after him instead lol. Your bias is clearly showing.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-19-2023 at 02:58 PM..
Old 08-19-2023, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are still playing without a fungi and doing fine. You thought the fungi would help significantly you would get one. You agree with me too by your actions.
I’m not doing fine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]