Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People will always have an "unfair" advantage over you in everything you do in life. Insider trading on the stock market, being born into wealth, having a connection with the CEO of a company to get a job...

People are using and getting away with hacks/exploits on every MMO, they can not and never will be weeded out. This app is a drop in a bucket.

My suggestion: play the game the way that makes you happy and stop worrying about others.
So... people are going to cheat no matter what so just let us cheat and don't complain about it? Seems legit
Old 05-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by no chewie dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats it like being so bad at a 15 year old mmo that you have to cheat?
Probably no different than calling something a cheat that isn't, and saying it'll poison/break the server when it wont; over and over and over and over.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Banned

"legit" "classic" everquest
way to go
Old 05-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Banned

Chewie you can start work on the classic UI like how Telin did spells

Quote:
no chewie dont
VIP / Contributor
Old 05-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Banned

ill probably be on "plz chewie dont" by then but yes sounds good
Old 05-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are confusing your nostalgia with the reality of how people play P99. The truth is that nobody is having exciting adventures being lost in Norrath anymore, most of the zones in this game are just big fucking rectangles where as long as you have sow, you can autorun your way to safety. The dungeons that people use are completely mapped out, well traveled and if you don't know where to go 9/10 of the people you encounter there will.
Really? Cause I played EQ live from 99-2001, and his description fits me to a tee. I still get confused in certain zones, and I still have to try to memorize which way I came in and the general direction of the nearest zoneline in case of trouble. Remember, not all classes get sow. I don't want a map ingame. I like having to memorize zone layouts. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something when I can remember the exact direction to run to reach X camp in whatever zone. Just because it would be trivial for some to have an I game map, doesn't mean it wouldn't take away from the overall classic eq experience for others.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMasterson1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So... people are going to cheat no matter what so just let us cheat and don't complain about it? Seems legit
No, I'm saying that if someone cheating on an online game is enough to ruin it for you, than you should pick another hobby, because there will always be cheaters out there.

Whether you want to bitch and moan about something that is out of your control is your choice.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Cause I played EQ live from 99-2001, and his description fits me to a tee. I still get confused in certain zones, and I still have to try to memorize which way I came in and the general direction of the nearest zoneline in case of trouble. Remember, not all classes get sow. I don't want a map ingame. I like having to memorize zone layouts. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something when I can remember the exact direction to run to reach X camp in whatever zone. Just because it would be trivial for some to have an I game map, doesn't mean it wouldn't take away from the overall classic eq experience for others.
this... hitting things like droga without and drastic changes in direction first try always makes me happy

red cape, check.

logging in
Old 05-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah I've played since 2000 and pretty much every dungeon has areas I have no idea how to navigate.

Maps- not classic.

(They took em out for. A reason)

Also the guy who said it doesn't matter he has all the zones memorized and 9/10 people do too.... Then better keep em memorized bub cause guess what...... Maps-not classic
Old 05-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People will always have an "unfair" advantage over you in everything you do in life. Insider trading on the stock market, being born into wealth, having a connection with the CEO of a company to get a job...

People are using and getting away with hacks/exploits on every MMO, they can not and never will be weeded out. This app is a drop in a bucket.

My suggestion: play the game the way that makes you happy and stop worrying about others.
People are cheating everywhere better just get rid of all efforts to keep things legit. Seems legit.

News is in boys mirana says we don't need to care about insider trading and theft anymore.
Closed Thread