Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...c-ev-chargers/

I agree with this, #NATIONLIZETHEOIL

Free oil for all americans! NO MORE FOREIGN OIL!
Gas tax is for road maintenance. EV owners don't pay it.

It's a trick to get you onboard with taxing mileage, starting with them.
Old 07-17-2022, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you realize i currently live in a hospital and will likely be getting a bill for about a quarter million dollars for this, which would be nearly free in the UK, which is also a capitalist country. to me as an individual anyways.

yeah and let's also look at covid and the USA's absolute botch at handling that in which we learned precisely nothing.

and the 20 million or so each year who starve or die of malnourishment. this also ignores the millions more who die in forced labor to keep our goods cheap in the west.

zany. your standards need work. maybe you'll take these issues seriously when they actually effect you or your loved ones.
Not opposed to national healthcare. I say we reel in the spending from of the more useless pet projects first. The government took several trillion for covid and where did the money go? Before an entire industry gets nationalized, I would have to trust the government to be able to do so in the first place.

Alot of us did not want to lock down, it was only supposed to be two weeks. Left up to the states. Turns out the authoritarians destroyed what was a booming economy.

world hunger keeps decreasing, world poverty keeps decreasing, capitalism keeps increasing.

I'm for a complete decoupling from china, our economy be damned for it. They will tank a lot worse anyway.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 07-17-2022, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell that to the students at tiananmen square.

As with war, cutting off the head of the beast is the only solution.

For thousands of years they have convinced the rabble to kill more rabble to settle an argument, instead of the kings who are arguing.
what do you think it is i'm advocating for? cutting off the head of the beast looks a lot like a roske outside of brett's house. or even a january 6th attempt, if you wanna boil away a lot of the media nonsense about the sanctity of the capitol building pearl-clutching shit. the mass media's always been in bed with power. anyone who thinks that modern america power is leftist does not understand history at all.

every mass movement is gonna have its parasites, like those folks who grifted a mansion out of BLM. or antifa people beating up old ladies. or the jan 6th goobers selling each other out repeatedly. or the jan 6th goobers beating the shit out of a cop with a blue lives matter sign. it happens, some shit's a mess but you take the good with the bad and eventually revolution is the result.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Hear me out, according to history all that has ever done is restart the cycle.

It is never anything but exodus that provides hope and progress for mankind.

All of history indicates this all of it. 100%

When we stay, we fight, when we move to new lands we progress.

every major empire, every memorable society very great thing that humanity has ever done has come immediately following the expansion into a new land.

So if one were to care about humanity, to really care, they would join the small boat headed to the new world, rather than stay behind and keep fighting with the people the small boat is trying to escape.

Earth, now is like, Europe in the 1600's.

We just dont have any new world to go to, unless that small boat is being captained by elon IMO
Old 07-17-2022, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I was walking through a fancy eatery last night, and totally was like LOL i live in russia, this place is a dump.

America is shit. Sorry you're stuck going through our soviet quality hospital system rob!
Nobody here is stopping you from permanently relocating to your favorite country, unmedicated comrade.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:50 PM
Banned

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/humani...s-and-animals/

the most efficient system for distribution of resources indeed
Old 07-17-2022, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Ohhhh dear…. Is a third of the oceans life going to die? I wonder where that was predicted? (Revelation 8:9 lol)
Old 07-17-2022, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ohhhh dear…. Is a third of the oceans life going to die? I wonder where that was predicted? (Revelation 8:9 lol)
i didn't intend for this information to be an opportunity for someone to say "this was all predicted!" but "what are you gonna do it about"

i mean, if you want the apocalypse, all you have to do is wait, apparently.
Old 07-17-2022, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/humani...s-and-animals/

the most efficient system for distribution of resources indeed
Where in the Atlantic? Sargasso Sea was always kinda hypoxic.
Old 07-17-2022, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where in the Atlantic? Sargasso Sea was always kinda hypoxic.
it said 13 ships and 500 data points, 90% gone as i recall. i would like to see a map as well. there's alarmism out there, sure, but scientists i trust more than the media that reports on their findings.

mass plankton death is bad news. a broader study would be good, but that requires a shitload of funding. and even then, americans (and others, obviously) wouldn't take the findings seriously. they'll just screech and stomp and whine that their salmon or cod or shrimp got more expensive, and blame it on bidenomics, while failing to see the larger problem and accelerating the issue.
Closed Thread