Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do they not have courtesy vehicles? take one and go to the gym

what about an uber?

who sits at a dealership for 4 hours???
I got one. I took the guy at his word as far as what time it would be done, but they got backed up so I just took a courtesy car.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any ideas what caused the'ol triangular fibrocartilage complex?? just wear and tear? A previous injury?
Most likely tri pull downs and close grip bench. No more of those for me. There are plenty of other things i can do that I don’t have to put that stress on my wrists.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most likely tri pull downs and close grip bench. No more of those for me. There are plenty of other things i can do that I don’t have to put that stress on my wrists.
Have you always worn wrist straps? If not, do you think having them in the past could have prevented this? I picked some wrist support straps up a few months ago when i was finally able to commit to heavier lifts and less reps. And man, they are a blessing..

I'm hoping i got my hands on these wraps just in time for this next phase of my lifting.. Which is heavy....
Old 03-27-2019, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you always worn wrist straps? If not, do you think having them in the past could have prevented this? I picked some wrist support straps up a few months ago when i was finally able to commit to heavier lifts and less reps. And man, they are a blessing..

I'm hoping i got my hands on these wraps just in time for this next phase of my lifting.. Which is heavy....
Yea, I’ve always worn them. My triceps have always been one of my strongest muscles. I think I was just doing too much weight at the time and the rest of my arm wasn’t able to support the weight, causing it to put a lot of pressure on the wrist.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:11 PM
Banned

I go one month hypertrophy with half-1RM x20 (+15%)x 16 (+15%)x12 (+15%)x8

then the next month its all strength training 4repx90%/1RM 6repx85%/1RM 8repx75%/1RM

On the third month I go 2weeks of strip-sets starting at 80% down to 40%/1RM shedding 15% of the starting weight with as close to no-break as possible, followed by 2 weeks of supersets push/pull.

1RM on the core 5:
DL 290
Squat 245
BP 235
OHP 170
Row 160

Aiming for 1000lb club by end of year, and yeah straps, back brace, and wristwraps pretty much necessary for strength month, which starts again next week. I'm thinking the bulk of the target is going to need to come from DL. If i can break 365 on DL and 320 on Squat I can get there, but I don't do that half-rep crap with my squats so the struggle is real.
Last edited by Thorondor; 03-27-2019 at 06:17 PM..
Old 03-27-2019, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how many miles? what kinda terrain?
im the only one here who can talk to u about cycling. would love to!

by the way there's nothing wrong with not killing it until 45. my bf is near meeting that descrip and he is nothing to be ashamed of. fetishization of youth is for weirdos and TV fans. God bless.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
35 and 0 dollars, so by 45 he will be killing it? OH WAIT SHIT that's right he is an unhireable trans gender oh well

better luck next time !

chomps hormone pill
I had spinach today. Thank you and your family for harvesting it. Not sure what we’d do without migrant labor
Old 03-27-2019, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
35 and 0 dollars, so by 45 he will be killing it? OH WAIT SHIT that's right he is an unhireable trans gender oh well

better luck next time !

chomps hormone pill

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And yet I feel thankful for what I do have and really like being me somehow. I look like I'm in my early 20s, have good health with no electrolyte imbalances, and I have a pretty good shot at being wildly successful with multiple long term goals focused on making the world a better place. You're just another crazy person from Florida suffering from poor diet due to a lousy understanding of nutrition. Being you must suck.

"We joke online about “first-world problems,” but we really have become victims of our own success. Stress-related health issues, anxiety disorders, and cases of depression have skyrocketed over the past thirty years, despite the fact that everyone has a flat-screen TV and can have their groceries delivered. Our crisis is no longer material; it’s existential, it’s spiritual. We have so much fucking stuff and so many opportunities that we don’t even know what to give a fuck about anymore."
Last edited by Cecily; 03-27-2019 at 09:47 PM..
Old 03-27-2019, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
El-Erian’s priority was $100 million per year. His priority was CEO. His priority was private helicopters and stretch limos and bankers jerking off all over his balance sheet wherever he went. And to earn those things, he chose to give up being present in his daughter’s life.

Until one day, he chose the opposite.
Lol,

I'll keep this article in mind if I ever start making a 100 million a year and feel depressed.

Bit I like the rest of what you said. I think less money paid out to capitalists and more paid out to descent wages, trans humanism, and non-war technological developments might go a long way.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 03-27-2019 at 10:19 PM..
Old 03-27-2019, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

I dunno if it'll matter. Facebook informed me the planet is gonna be irrecoverably screwed by 2050 if we don't stop using fossil fuels... now. That's our lifetime and certainly any of our generation's children are going to reap whatever cataclysm we've sown. I've been kinda sad I'll never have kids, but honestly... it's kind of a shitty thing to have kids when the apocalypse is on the horizon, one way or the other, so I don't feel so bad about it now. You're all my children and I love you, even that slow one from Florida.
Closed Thread