Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-26-2022, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green 2.0 is like red 2.0, won't happen. Hope that helps.
Edit: remember discord server luls, still waiting 10 years later.
Big part of me thinks green 2.0 won't ever happen but on the flip side I was skeptical that green 1.0 would happen so it's hard to say for sure. The lack of communication about plans for the future from the powers that be make it very difficult at times to have any faith in stuff like this. It may not be actually true but it FEELS at times like they don't really care too much about this project and they've just been running in maintenance mode. I could be totally off base and maybe they're truly passionate about it and are putting lots of unseen work in behind the scenes. But it's hard to see any of that as a player.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 09-26-2022, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmethar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main point of the entire thread being the time-limited items, though.

But making it less of a pain for non-US time-zone players, especially newer ones, to do some early trading would help them stick around more often. That was the point of that remark, feel free to suggest other things that could help the P99 servers in a healthy direction for all of us.
I mean there's no issue with players sticking around though? The only reason we have less than 1k per server is because we have two servers. If you merged them the servers would have pretty close to the average population that was on most servers during the Kunark and Velious era (maybe like 300 less or so but not significant).

So there's nothing that needs to be done from a population health perspective for P99.
Old 09-26-2022, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Big part of me thinks green 2.0 won't ever happen but on the flip side I was skeptical that green 1.0 would happen so it's hard to say for sure. The lack of communication about plans for the future from the powers that be make it very difficult at times to have any faith in stuff like this. It may not be actually true but it FEELS at times like they don't really care too much about this project and they've just been running in maintenance mode. I could be totally off base and maybe they're truly passionate about it and are putting lots of unseen work in behind the scenes. But it's hard to see any of that as a player.
This is the exact same thing people said about Blue for years and then Green 1.0 happened eventually.

Likewise, Green 2.0 will eventually happen. The question is just will it happen sometime next year (as it seemingly should if the plan is to just constantly be re-rolling a fresh server once the old one reaches its timeline)? Or will it take longer than that because staff is moving slower on it.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean there's no issue with players sticking around though? The only reason we have less than 1k per server is because we have two servers. If you merged them the servers would have pretty close to the average population that was on most servers during the Kunark and Velious era (maybe like 300 less or so but not significant).

So there's nothing that needs to be done from a population health perspective for P99.
Again, the main point of the entire thread being the time-limited items, though.

With a healthy direction I didn't just mean population-wise.

But there's always something to be done from a population aspect, as when the bulk of those players reach max. level and some of them eventually grow tired for whatever reason, the servers will always need fresh players to keep the grouping options open throughout the leveling range.

And perhaps 1.5-2k would be a healthier number for both servers, also making it much more possible and viable to actually fire up a third server.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmethar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, the main point of the entire thread being the time-limited items, though.

With a healthy direction I didn't just mean population-wise.

But there's always something to be done from a population aspect, as when the bulk of those players reach max. level and some of them eventually grow tired for whatever reason, the servers will always need fresh players to keep the grouping options open throughout the leveling range.

And perhaps 1.5-2k would be a healthier number for both servers, also making it much more possible and viable to actually fire up a third server.
What third server? They’re merging green and blue if they ever do green 2.0
Old 09-26-2022, 10:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Careful you'll summon the crazies. Some individuals of questionable mental state believe that somehow P99 can support 3 healthy pop servers and they'll leave green/blue both running independently when they start the next server. Despite the fact that the avg p99 playerbase numbers haven't drastically changed for basically the entire duration of it's existence. Some peaks and valleys here and there. Definitely a spike (for a short time) when green launched hence the whole green/teal thing. Obviously most people understand that there aren't enough people interested in this project to support 3 servers with healthy pops running concurrently though. Unless you think like 400-500 concurrent at peak times is healthy. I personally think a good goal is like 1000-1300 players at peak for a server.

Blue and Green both feel a little underpopped to me personally. Soooo much of the world feels empty at like ~800 peak player counts. The popular zones will always have people but good luck getting groups outside the handful of zones everyone congregates in. I could be wrong but I felt like the world was far less empty and many more zones got used when blue was rocking like 1200+ player peaks.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 09-26-2022, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah it’s really based on this weird flawed subconscious feeling those people have that somehow if their characters are merged to blue then it’s pointless to play them. I still really love playing my chars on blue. I did original green but honestly I’ve been having so much fun on blue lately I might not do green 2.0.

Moving a character to blue isn’t a death sentence
Old 09-27-2022, 05:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Quote:
Note the "perhaps", "possible" and "viable" in that sentense. The point actually being, that the current P99 servers could indeed have both healthier populations and move in a healthier direction for the majority in general.

And who's even to say if a third PvE server isn't an option íf P99 actually catered more to the majority instead of the strict "TLP"-patch-approach, which is e.g. the exact thing that rewards the 0.1 % with the time-limited items in question.

The main point of the entire thread still being , as you're seemingly deliberately missing, the time-limited items, which was mainly what I adressed in my first post in this thread.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Blue and Green both feel a little underpopped to me personally. Soooo much of the world feels empty at like ~800 peak player counts. The popular zones will always have people but good luck getting groups outside the handful of zones everyone congregates in. I could be wrong but I felt like the world was far less empty and many more zones got used when blue was rocking like 1200+ player peaks.
This is an issue with the game's design inherently. It's meant to support a larger population, but that population is expected to be spread across the levels more. As it is, not only is it heavily weighted towards the top after about 6 months from launch, once Kunark comes out twinking becomes the norm and even when people make alts they twink em so much they can usually blow through the early levels in a week or two.

Other MMOs have made attempts to fix that stuff (like level requirements on items, platinum sinks to get currency out of the world, sidekick/mentoring), but without remaking EQ you can't really do it here.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Note the "perhaps", "possible" and "viable" in that sentense. The point actually being, that the current P99 servers could indeed have both healthier populations and move in a healthier direction for the majority in general.

And who's even to say if a third PvE server isn't an option íf P99 actually catered more to the majority instead of the strict "TLP"-patch-approach, which is e.g. the exact thing that rewards the 0.1 % with the time-limited items in question.

The main point of the entire thread still being , as you're seemingly deliberately missing, the time-limited items, which was mainly what I adressed in my first post in this thread.
To be honest it sounds like you just don't really like classic EQ. Which is fine. There are other servers out there that might be what you're looking for.