Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-19-2022, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rob I'm genuinely sorry to hear that, and at least you're being consistent and saying that you already have been doing these things for other diseases like the flu. Most people can't be that consistent, because they have some kind of partisan political brain worm that determines their stance on literally every issue.

That has been a longstanding gripe of mine; if we're going to wear masks everywhere because of covid, we should *already have* been doing so for the flu, and yet we do nothing for that. When most people hear "Hey there's a bad flu going around!" they say "Okay! I'll watch out!" and that's it. They go about their lives. The reaction to covid on the other hand is wildly out of proportion to the risk it poses for the vast majority of people.

So I really just want consistency; either we all wear masks everywhere for the rest of our lives because there will always be contagious, air-born diseases, or we don't.
Bingo - anyone who tells me they wear masks everywhere and that *I* should as well because they are immunocompromised, I simply ask them 1) when did they become immunocompromised and 2) when did they start wearing masks .. sadly, their cognitive dissonance short-circuits their synapses and they just get mad at me and never answer the simple questions.
Old 07-19-2022, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ha the irony *grin*
Oh so you're a paid simp; makes perfect sense.
Old 07-19-2022, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

"your science is stupid"
*quickly hides it nervously
Old 07-19-2022, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
okay.. so you're one of their marketing clowns?

PS updated for you, free of charge

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Rainik Stormseeker; 07-19-2022 at 04:09 PM..
Old 07-19-2022, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Vaxxie, vaxxie, so obsessed,
Wore your mask and took your tests.
Still got COVID, every strain,
Spike proteins inside your brain.

Short of breath at 24,
"Dr. Fauci, gimmie more!"
Proteins tangle and misfold,
Amyloidosis taking hold.

Swollen heart at 25,
"Thank Moderna I'm alive!"
There's no cure for microclot,
Getting worse with every shot.

Heart attack at 26,
Prayed to Pfizer for a fix.
Vaxxie, vaxxie, death is lurking,
Doctor says, "that means it's working."

Died of SADS at 27,
All good vaxxies go to heaven.
Obituary headline noted:
"Anti-Vaxxer Dies of COVID."

His family is quite upset,
But they're alive, at least on net.
And, they say, "it's for the better,"
Without the vax "he would be deader."
Old 07-19-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Sad to hear about your situation Rob my man

Genuinely hoping everything works out ok for you
Old 07-19-2022, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rob I'm genuinely sorry to hear that, and at least you're being consistent and saying that you already have been doing these things for other diseases like the flu. Most people can't be that consistent, because they have some kind of partisan political brain worm that determines their stance on literally every issue.

That has been a longstanding gripe of mine; if we're going to wear masks everywhere because of covid, we should *already have* been doing so for the flu, and yet we do nothing for that. When most people hear "Hey there's a bad flu going around!" they say "Okay! I'll watch out!" and that's it. They go about their lives. The reaction to covid on the other hand is wildly out of proportion to the risk it poses for the vast majority of people.

So I really just want consistency; either we all wear masks everywhere for the rest of our lives because there will always be contagious, air-born diseases, or we don't.
Thanks. Being non-partisan is easy when no party represents you and you see them both as awful. I may be more unreasonably angry than normal. I've also been sober for two entire weeks now. The doc told us we may very well have to be ultra-cautious for years. And I'll admit I may have wasted my time getting my jabs, if the new strains can just avoid it, but it's a novel virus. I can't say if these mutations would have happened or not even if someone waved a magic wand and made every human alive get jabs. And other countries exist, so who knows. We learn as we go. It's imperfect. And whatever on my end, my whole body is a toxic mishmash of illegal drugs, bizarre additives, and alcohol abuse. So what's a little untested vaccine to top it all off? Anyone who thinks their body is a temple in America must live in the fucking woods, farming their own food, boiling all their water, and hunting animals hundreds of miles from any roads.

Plus, America in particular handled it extremely poorly, I think due to two primary factors: profit-based healthcare has created a general disdain and mistrust for medicine, since the majority of us go, at some point, pay whatever copay, and then get some huge bill in the mail a month later. That creates an incentive to just shut up and suck it up, which is what so many of us do. That's bad news with diseases. See your average working class toxic masculinity dude for examples. Yes, I've put superglue in cuts and done my own kidney stone removal with a paperclip I sterilized with a cigarette letter. Yes, people try to get better jobs and thus better insurance but that is not always an option and it is not instantaneous.

The other is the extremely stupid version of individualism. I'm not all collectivist, but I'm more collectivist than the average American. There's people on these very forums who think they're a lot smarter than they are because they saw a goddamn youtube video. People forget sometimes that skepticism is supposed to work both ways. Be skeptical of anything you see on tv or whatever, fine, but also be skeptical of your own judgement and defer to people who know more about a thing than you do.
Last edited by robayon; 07-19-2022 at 05:04 PM..
Old 07-19-2022, 05:08 PM
Banned

Thank you all you right-wing folks I normally argue with constantly. This shit doesn't care about politics and it's clarified certain things about my perspective in the past few weeks.

Here's to hoping she's cured, gets old and gray with me, and that our in-network out of pocket maximum actually applies like it says it does on the paperwork. Maybe then we won't have to sell our house and move in with my mom. At least we have some options, there's worse things in this world.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:15 PM
Banned

Also, for what it's worth, I have not have covid at all since the whole pandemic started. Can't say if that's the vaccines or my immune system. I've been sick a handful of times in the past two years or so but always came up negative. I make a point to get my vitamins through diet, exercise, and eat dirty foods. Mostly so that I could maximize my drinking, but hey, there's historical precedent for functional alcoholics in my DNA
Old 07-19-2022, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you all you right-wing folks I normally argue with constantly. This shit doesn't care about politics and it's clarified certain things about my perspective in the past few weeks.

Here's to hoping she's cured, gets old and gray with me, and that our in-network out of pocket maximum actually applies like it says it does on the paperwork. Maybe then we won't have to sell our house and move in with my mom. At least we have some options, there's worse things in this world.
Amen brother, I pray she's better soon and that your insurance company does it's job.