Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Developer

What I found on live, was that pets will not attack, unless the mob is less than 200 range away. The setting I found in the database, corresponded to 250 range. Then I did some testing.

What I found, was if the pet was greater than 250 range, when you told it to attack a mob, it ignored the attack. So mobs had to be less than 250 range from the pet, for /pet attack to function at all.

I remembered going out in east karana, farming silk and runing fast as i could, target /pet attack, target /pet attack, mass killing. After one was dead, pet would move to next closest mob i had told to attack, and so on and so forth. Provided the spacing between mobs was not too great.

Yea. Right. Pets were not even close to being coded like that. If it was on the hate list, it would go attack it anywhere in the zone. If a pet wasn't attacking, it was because it had no one on its hate list.

So...... after quite a few changes. Pets in an upcoming patch, should maintain their hate lists, and aggro range behavior like live. Along with facing the nearest NPC while they are guarding.

Haynar