Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Developer

Last edited by kanras; 12-18-2011 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 12-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you guys fix the shissar seance staff?!
It should be working, but I can't guarantee the client will be sync'd properly if there's no spells file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
missing a new spell file? i know sunstrike's core attributes were changed, and i'm sure others were as well.
The only changes that really require a spell file update for clients are the ones that take up buff slots. DDs, etc. are all handled server-side exclusively.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Large Rat

Hi can you please answer why tradeskills were capped at 200
Old 12-19-2011, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Because its classic?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2000-2.html
Quote:
------------------------------
September 19, 2000 7:00 am
------------------------------
*Trade Skills Enhanced*

Many of the trade skills in game have received massive enhancements,
including dozens of new craftable items, new fishing and foraging
items, and other things to be discovered once in game.

In addition, trade-skill specialization has been implemented. Players
will be able to exceed 200 points of skill in ONE of the generally
available tradeskills. This includes:

- Baking
- Blacksmithing
- Brewing
- Jewelcraft
- Tailoring
- Fletching
- Pottery

Once above 200 points in one of these skills, no other skill will be
able to exceed 200. Specialization restrictions do not include class or
race-specific trade skills such as Alchemy, Make Poison, and Tinkering.
Players with race or class-specific trade skills will be able to exceed
200 points of skill in that skill, PLUS any generally available trade
skill.

The enhancement of trade skills is an on-going project. Further
enhancements will be made in the coming weeks.

- The EverQuest Team
Old 12-19-2011, 04:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It should be working, but I can't guarantee the client will be sync'd properly if there's no spells file.

The only changes that really require a spell file update for clients are the ones that take up buff slots. DDs, etc. are all handled server-side exclusively.
confirmed fixed

<3 <3 <3
Old 12-19-2011, 05:35 AM
Kobold

Null: Bard Snare and Mez now have resist checks every pulse instead of just on the first pulse (PvP Server Only)

I may be wrong, but I thought bard resist checks were every 2nd pulse.

edit: 1st -3rd -5th -7th - etc.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

After talking to a lot of individuals in game it seems I am not the only one who has noticed that Rogue bstab is tweeked wrong.. Ive noticed my lvl53 rogue hitting 80% of the time in the lvl30 damage ranges or not at all... Skills capped, Str is over 200 with a dmg10 weapon... shouldnt be bstabbing for 78dmg constantly.. that is weird, and wrong
Old 12-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Nilbog: orc scalps no longer drop all over norrath. They will drop in and around the Deathfist areas.

<CRYS>. Was a great way for new characters to make a little plat here and there in the gfay side of the world. Also was a decent way to get rid of some of the billions of plat running around on the server.

Also to the poster above me, Im having the same problems on my rogue with his backstab. I was noticing last night in my MM group that my BS was hitting for half of what it used to. Not once did I see a high number like im used to. I actually felt kinda useless in the group because our tanks 1hd weapon was hitting as hard as my backstab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But thanks for the bug fixes and stuff....
Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Banned

Oh thank god you nerfed bards on red even worse than they started out. And thanks for not fixing any of the other bard bugs that have been extensively mentioned and proofed, and would have begun to make them more Classic.

Better get working on the rest of the bard nerfs right away, and whatever you do, don't look at the laundry list of things that should have been fixed that would actually increase their power. That would suck.

Especially thank you to Lazortag, who is the best person on the forums, consistently lobbying for extra bard nerf and against bard buffing. We are so extremely privileged to have you looking out for the rest of the players against the extremely mean and drastically overpowered bard.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh thank god you nerfed bards on red even worse than they started out. And thanks for not fixing any of the other bard bugs that have been extensively mentioned and proofed, and would have begun to make them more Classic.

Better get working on the rest of the bard nerfs right away, and whatever you do, don't look at the laundry list of things that should have been fixed that would actually increase their power. That would suck.

Especially thank you to Lazortag, who is the best person on the forums, consistently lobbying for extra bard nerf and against bard buffing. We are so extremely privileged to have you looking out for the rest of the players against the extremely mean and drastically overpowered bard.
Actually the most egregious bug (mez) was fixed, and you should probably stop whining.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread