Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 12:10 AM
Banned

if you guys stopped being cringe on the forums and actually play on it

it wouldn't be dead!

whoa!
Old 01-06-2022, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Item loot meh.. Teams Coin loot im all for. I just cant stand PVE only even if i lose more than I win.

But Live sucks and to play on a server with 50 people....

Is the XP buffed to hell on Red still or naw?
Old 01-06-2022, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Still high exp.

Tunabros the server barely offers an experience better than blue at this point. It’s useless.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:56 PM
Banned

Ill play on a teams server, eat my words and will add a shame hashtag to my forum name if i call it wrong:

Teams will only work with a heavy handed / babysitting approach to make sure it stays together. Unless some kind of major change of culture happens here at the dev level, this will not be how things unfold. Clear cut case of be careful what you ask for.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

If they vehemently enforced team player #'s policies like they do boxxing policies than a full no rules sullon with 2 custom teams could be fun. I think rallos is better and has a healthier population with something to do at levels other than 50 and 60 but these idiots are idiots and everyone seems to only care about being level 60.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:09 PM
Banned

Just repeating myself here but to me the best approach is a little work before launch then it pretty much runs on auto-pilot. Make it like eve online where you only wear what you are willing to lose:

- One item loot per death.
- Custom set no drop armor at different level brackets: One for each 10 levels, placed on mobs, with maybe parts of the best pieces on nameds, the rest is just added to "trash" mobs loot tables of appropriate level. The items are just lesser versions of armor/magic items. You can wear the actual thing or wear the lesser one with no risk of losing it. You wear your best shit during raids or big pvp fights.

This is good in 2 ways:

- Recreate the market you had for items on Rallos, perhaps even to the point where Gfay becomes alive again with player vendors, like classic Rallos. It also kills RMT. What kind of fucking idiot will pay 60$ for a fungi you can lose during pvp. I know some will do it but it will drastically reduce this problematic.

- Make pvp more interesting with the added incentive of getting a piece of loot, while easing more casual players into it by letting them collect no drop pieces as set of newb missions.

I doubt this will happen so to me, no xp loss from the get-go is the next best option.

To be honest id prefer to play a working teams server because i never played one, would make it fresh and interesting. It will certainly be that during the first few months unless they make a grave mistake like letting OOR players inflict xp death on players or some shit like that. But on a longevity level, I just dont see it happening.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 01-06-2022 at 07:32 PM..
Old 01-06-2022, 07:49 PM
Banned

Id like to add that this is partly classic and how i survived Rallos. I was ready to throw the towel as fighting twinks was close to impossible most of the times (I started during velious). The halloween event gave me 5 no drop pieces, which didnt change much but at least gave me the impression i had a fighting chance.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

I just used full garbage while leveling and equipped good gear for murdering people. It’s fun and easy.

Not sure why people can’t stomach that.

Held items being not lootable makes it practically hand holding softie style.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-07-2022, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just used full garbage while leveling and equipped good gear for murdering people. It’s fun and easy.

Not sure why people can’t stomach that.

Held items being not lootable makes it practically hand holding softie style.
The worse part is someone like Rogean looking at this thinking, huh this is way too harsh.
Instead lets let zergs completely and utterly curb stomp any casual trying to level up with xp death, over and over.

Theres just something demoralizing about having to run naked all the time and i got a tough carapace having played eve and albion online. Yet ironically its not as harsh as red was on day1, unless you went out of your way to avoid pvp 100% of the times.

The end goal should be to try to have a stable 3-400 pop for the longest time possible. Xp loss not in from day 1 (either teams or FFA) could potentially deliver that, but the newb friendly tweak i illustrated would give us more chances.
Old 01-07-2022, 06:53 PM
Banned

I mean at this point im sure people will take anything and the only way the devs can fuck this up is by not reading the forums for months, bypassing all the feedback that was given and start with something like xp death again. I wont be angry, just laugh and close the EQ book probably forever.
Closed Thread