Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 04:22 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But... we just had a patch?
Nope. Last patch was November 6th, 2020.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

I guess I'm unclear on the terminology, then. I was under the impression that the fix to spell levels and the low level mobs gating would be fixed at the same time (since they were both labeled "fixed, pending update").

But apparently there are two "types" of updates? Could we get a bit of clarification on what the difference is and how often these things come out?
Old 01-04-2021, 06:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Them dudes union'd up and started mem'ing Gate as it is sometimes a level 4 spell.

Git gud yew scrubs!
nilbog's post deems you the scrub.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:48 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I'm unclear on the terminology, then. I was under the impression that the fix to spell levels and the low level mobs gating would be fixed at the same time (since they were both labeled "fixed, pending update").

But apparently there are two "types" of updates? Could we get a bit of clarification on what the difference is and how often these things come out?
A full patch includes database, code, and script changes, like what you might see on the homepage. https://www.project1999.com/index.php This involves the servers coming down.

Each month, there are era unlocks. These activate whatever is already coded, and waiting behind that era to unlock. This does not require the servers to come down and be patched.

There are also sometimes quick hotfixes or just code updates that sometimes occur to fix an issue, but also are not full patches.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:26 PM
Developer

Quote:

If you are referring to the Kunark spell levels being corrected, then that was already set to resolve itself with the June 2000 rule that unlocked earlier this week. So a patch won’t be necessary for those spells until the next server.
Last edited by Telin; 01-04-2021 at 07:36 PM..
Old 01-04-2021, 08:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A full patch includes database, code, and script changes, like what you might see on the homepage. https://www.project1999.com/index.php This involves the servers coming down.

Each month, there are era unlocks. These activate whatever is already coded, and waiting behind that era to unlock. This does not require the servers to come down and be patched.

There are also sometimes quick hotfixes or just code updates that sometimes occur to fix an issue, but also are not full patches.
I see, that makes more sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin
If you are referring to the Kunark spell levels being corrected, then that was already set to resolve itself with the June 2000 rule that unlocked earlier this week. So a patch won’t be necessary for those spells until the next server.
Indeed I was, thank you for the clarification. Just to be clear then, this actually hasn't been "fixed" per se, because a fix isn't required at this time? I would just hate for it to happen all over again if it gets forgotten about.

Would it be possible to expand, just a bit, when something is deemed "Fixed, pending update" in the bugs forum? Even something like stickying the difference you just outlined, and then referring to either "update" or "patch" (or "hotfix", where applicable) when something is "Fixed, pending..."?

I hope I'm not coming off as antagonistic. I'm just trying to understand some of the behind-the-scenes work flow. I certainly wouldn't have faulted you for saying something like, "The next update we could schedule would happen at the same time the spell levels are fixed naturally through an era unlock, so there isn't a lot of incentive to try and fix the code at this time." Especially since we all know you guys are volunteers with limited time to devote to the project. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2021, 08:12 PM
Developer

Quote:
I see, that makes more sense now.

Indeed I was, thank you for the clarification. Just to be clear then, this actually hasn't been "fixed" per se, because a fix isn't required at this time? I would just hate for it to happen all over again if it gets forgotten about.

Would it be possible to expand, just a bit, when something is deemed "Fixed, pending update" in the bugs forum? Even something like stickying the difference you just outlined, and then referring to either "update" or "patch" (or "hotfix", where applicable) when something is "Fixed, pending..."?

I hope I'm not coming off as antagonistic. I'm just trying to understand some of the behind-the-scenes work flow. I certainly wouldn't have faulted you for saying something like, "The next update we could schedule would happen at the same time the spell levels are fixed naturally through an era unlock, so there isn't a lot of incentive to try and fix the code at this time." Especially since we all know you guys are volunteers with limited time to devote to the project. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was fixed pending update, I was just explaining how it was fixed before a patch.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

Gating should be left in. It encourages people to crawl around the dungeon and fight mobs near spawn points vs standing in a static location. Crawling is a classic experience.
Turboshok - Firiona Vie Project - retired
Turbosilk/Dangeres/Turboshock - Green - Retired
Dangeres/Turbosilk - Blue - Retired
Turbosilk - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Wizard - retired
Dangeres - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Shaman - retired
Old 01-05-2021, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nilbog's post deems you the scrub.
I r scrub. Faer meh!
Old 01-05-2021, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gating should be left in. It encourages people to crawl around the dungeon and fight mobs near spawn points vs standing in a static location. Crawling is a classic experience.
but its not classssic.

sounds like you want your own server!
Closed Thread