Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 02:32 PM
Large Rat

I hated Shadows of Luclin, but I was intrigued by the alternate advancements the expansion introduced. Would you guys be into the classic to velious timeline, but introducing AAs at some point?
Old 05-02-2019, 03:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 for coin-loot, team pvp server with balanced pvp ruleset (not 100% classic)

I have very very fond memories of the 1999 experience on Tallon Zek. I really like Blue, but its just not the same as TZ
I played on Vallon and Sullon Zek and they were fun but when I came here and saw that the PvP server topped out at about 100 people each evening, it was clear to me that there is very little desire for PvP in this community.

You can suggest all you want, it's a free country. If I were in charge though, there's no way I'd bother putting even 5 minutes worth of work into something PvP related when the existing server can't muster more than 100 people online concurrently. It's simply a waste of time and resources.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

I will take Green however the devs want to do it and be happy.

If they were to make changes for a recycle server though, my wish list would be:

1. Eliminate Zems
2. Eliminate pre-nerf versions of items or items that were later removed from the
game.
3. Nerf Charm.
4. Nerf Bard multi-mob kiting.

In other words get rid of anything that trivializes content and/or appeals to the pixel obsessed or neck bearded power levelers.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If they were to make changes for a recycle server though, my wish list would be:

1. Eliminate Zems
2. Eliminate pre-nerf versions of items or items that were later removed from the
game.
3. Nerf Charm.

In other words get rid of anything that trivializes content and/or appeals to the pixel obsessed or neck bearded power levelers.
Even as a Bard, I agree with all of this.
The elimination of MQs altogether would be pretty awesome improvement.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. Eliminate Zems
game.
3. Nerf Charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even as a Bard, I agree with all of this.
The elimination of MQs altogether would be pretty awesome improvement.
How about eliminating item recharging?

If I had the knowledge and resources to create my own server, I would make it as described above, with the exception of ZEMs. I would make ZEMs variable depending on population in zone, and maybe even vary ZEMs per mob or camp.

Another thing I would do is make it so high level items are less effective on lower level players. The bigger the level difference between the level needed to obtain an item and the player level, the worse the stats get. This will mean less trivialization of low level content, thus preserving the classic feel at low levels. No more super twinked soloists taking on content meant for full groups.

I'm not sure what can be done with high level players farming much lower level content though.
Last edited by Caldwin; 05-03-2019 at 01:24 PM..
Old 05-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogg1983 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hated Shadows of Luclin, but I was intrigued by the alternate advancements the expansion introduced. Would you guys be into the classic to velious timeline, but introducing AAs at some point?
I wasn't crazy about Luclin, either, although I liked PoP. The archery AA's were a crucial and long awaited fix for Rangers, but if they had been obtainable some other way I wouldn't care about AA's in particular. AA's were really the start of character mudflation, which got worse and worse beyond PoP until incredibly powerful gear was literally raining down on players (the defiant stuff).
Old 05-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

The defiant was a needed bandaid though; it got to the point where the gear needed to complete quests was better than the gear those quests gave as rewards. You had to do at least some level of raiding to do XP content.

Problem was the expansions were tested by cutting edge raiders in BIS.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:31 AM
Aviak

i believe one of the major goals of this server is preservation and accuracy. in that sense, yes it is worth it to have a vanilla classic server that gets all of the patches and expansions according to the original timeline.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green server should have project M enabled.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2019, 07:23 AM
Planar Protector

Eliminating MQs would be a very healthy improvement. Other suggestions are such bad ideas
Closed Thread