Decaying Skeleton

why do people play this crap?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Fire Giant

T staff is making people go nuts yo.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't need to read through 50 paragraphs to know you act like a douche to people.

Are you on bi-polar meds? You may want to look into it.
Why do people always use bipolar as an excuse for someone acting like what they perceive to be a jerk? Please look up the DSM-IV criteria for bipolar disorder classification. Bipolar =/= Asshole. Thanks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for Shaere treating people poorly: I have always thought of Shaere as a military leader type. Someone who demands perfection. Does he have strong opinions? Yes. Is he demanding of the players in his group? yep. Is it such a bad thing that he thinks the person for whom a piece of loot is the biggest upgrade should get it? I don't think so.

TBH if i'm in a group and a piece of singing steel drops that I don't have and you make me random on it - I'm going to think you are the greediest prick in the universe. Especially if you say you are selling it to buy yourself some loot.

But maybe that's just because I too am an ex-tunarian and have the opinion that the item goes to whoever it is the biggest upgrade for first and if it isn't an upgrade for anyone or no one needs then you random. *shrug*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Rule 1-8 of Fight Club: Don't talk about Velious 2 weeks after Kunark release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
It's like a criminal who gets caught stealing and says the cop did something wrong by tackling him on the ground when he was trying to get away.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

tl;dr
Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Is this about PUGs? It seems that there are WAY more trouble with PUGs recently. Again its lack of communication at the onset. New people coming in every so often without being told the group is NBG etc. Others in the group feeling jilted when someone who just joined needs an item that just dropped more than them. Its just a game though like others have noted.

I also know that people use their highest level toons to get gear for their lower level toons. If you are in a high level PUG and some people are camping to get twink gear and others are playing their mains you should expect to have issues...if no one communicates. What happens though, and I think it's happening more often, people say nothing for a reason. If your camping for twink gear using your 50th level character and your MA had to go, can you continue without another one? Not likely in some places. So you send tells and finally get a new one so you can continue the camp. When this new guy wants a right to the dropped loot, you get angry and its not right.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. I'm not trying to be an asshole

You are not doing yourself any favors by creating this thread. Once the trolls wake up in the late afternoon they are going to have a field day with this shit.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Whatever the group agrees upon is the rule.

However, I hate NBG. It's so easily abused. Nothing stops people from using "need" to get a really good class item and then just sell it - and odds are they eventually will. Tstaff - maybe not, but it's still a maybe.

Even if i'm the monk when Tstaff drops, someone else could probably make just as good use of the cash from selling it, since the value is transferable, and no one has to wonder whether or not that monk is simply going to sell it a month from now and twink a different class.

If everyone rolls on stuff, everyone has an equal shot at the same value the item represents. That's far more equitable than installing the infallible notion of "need" which people turn around and abuse. If the group opts to give the class-specific item to the person who would use it the most effectively, fine. But especially for PUGs, it's not equitable to NBG if you're holding a camp that drops stuff that 2 or 3 people will never use. Assuming that they'll be in a situation at some other time where they're that class that needs everything a certain camp drops is just an assumption.

TL;DR - Instead of NBG, how about we admit everyone is greedy (we're playing a freaking game where the goal is to have fun, but also get better gear) and embrace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

Too much thought put into all of this. NBG = A greedy selfish loot system. Everyone needs money, any item that is tradeable is worth money. The feeling that an item is yours simply because you can equip it is greedy and selfish. "Greeding" all tradeable items is the least greedy system.

Do I insist on rolling on everything? No. Not so much because NBG is more fair, but because I don't give that much of a shit. Would I take advantage of NBG in a group where it was the agreed upon loot system? Yes, assuming I would actually use the item.

*shrug*
Old 04-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Kobold

Posting an Apology thread in the R&F forum? Project99 Characters need a new stat, lets call it "Common Sense"