Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Orc

Just like classic!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Aviak

As a Wizard, I thank you for hitting the afk levelers with the nerf bat, but it seems a bit harsh to all the legit solo pet classes. This will force the pet classes to group more, if that was your intent then I think you will probably see these results.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Rough thing for enchanters too. Charm is dangerous enough after THAT nerf, let alone for half the reward now. And even when using the animation we only have two lines of damage spells (one weak dot, one average DD) at low/mid levels. Out dpsing anything is not our forte...
Old 02-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Skeleton

This change didn't go in till PoP. It was a nerf to Enchanter's charm during that time. Before then if you did not do 1 point of damage the pet would take half but you did not have to do half of the damage till PoP. I remember because I was an Enchanter that would solo with charm during PoP. Before that patch I would get close to a yellow and half of exp per mob I killed and after I got about 3 blue. So before then you had to do 1 point of damage to get full exp or the pet would take half of the exp.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

If this rule is in place for Enchanter animation I STRONGLY SUGGEST you think about this.
When I was soloing as an enchanter in my 20's I was exclusively using my animation pet and I was only using nukes or dots if I was in trouble.

Enchanters generally don't do damage while soloing, we tash, slow, stun and root if we have to, occasionally we use feedback but that's only if we have mana.

Enchanters can't AFK level in the first place but with this you will make it so that even if they try soloing with their pet they will be punished for doing so by nerfing the exp.

I'm saying this as somebody who this will not effect since I'm already level 50 but more as somebody who doesn't want to see the class get completely ganked out of everything.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

Making pets indifferent would sure help shamen too. We'd be able to pull out a pet and run through lower level dungeons like Permafrost without our pup aggroing every green mob in sight.

That change would cause more problems than it fixed.

Quote:
So before then you had to do 1 point of damage to get full exp or the pet would take half of the exp.
I never tested this but always assumed it was still true so I always made sure I did some damage to every mob my dog was fighting. Apparently it was not necessary.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this rule is in place for Enchanter animation I STRONGLY SUGGEST you think about this.
When I was soloing as an enchanter in my 20's I was exclusively using my animation pet and I was only using nukes or dots if I was in trouble.

Enchanters generally don't do damage while soloing, we tash, slow, stun and root if we have to, occasionally we use feedback but that's only if we have mana.

Enchanters can't AFK level in the first place but with this you will make it so that even if they try soloing with their pet they will be punished for doing so by nerfing the exp.

I'm saying this as somebody who this will not effect since I'm already level 50 but more as somebody who doesn't want to see the class get completely ganked out of everything.
Bump on this! Chanters don't really do direct damage. I don't remember for sure, but I'd be surprised if solo chanters were effectively 50%-xp nerfed across the board in classic.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

I don't really understand the point, even. Changing it so you have to do 1 damage to get full xp on the mob, or changing it so you have to do 99% damage to get full xp still impact the afk leveler the same. This change just hurts the legitimate soloers who use a strategy that doesn't involve burning away half their mana every fight.

Ah whats it matter, I'm level 50 already. All you mages/necros/enchanters/bards who aren't 50 yet, good luck soloing at half the speed! As a wise man once said: "Fuck ya'll, I've got mine."
Old 02-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How about chain petting, will this take into account if I'm on my 3rd pet of the fight, and I outdamage him but not my pets combined?
If your pet dies and you resummon, you only have to outdamage the latest one. Pet damage on the mob goes to zero if it dies/is reclaimed.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Seriously guys just give it up already... enchanters DESERVED the nerf bat for being able to practically have a dire charm pet, so now we get a nerf that addresses both the charmed pet (from any charming class) and afking pet classes. You think 50% pen is the end of the world? Then find 1 more person to group with. Solo vs Duo xp is NOT that much more different (provided you duo with the right class/person). So instead of whining about it here, go find that partner so you can ignore that 50% penalty. If you keep whining to each other you may become BFF online~
Closed Thread