Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

I agree. As a new recruit to red the ability to find groups in a small server is amazing. I just ignore those that I don't want to hear.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Logged in to post the same thing. I hope it doesnt get fixed for a long time.

Finding my alts groups there, advertising ports on my porter for a low pop server that needs this if it isnt going to allowed to dual box porters.

Let it thrive for a while
This. I logged my friend's wizard in this morning to port a newbie who was stuck in Toxx for whatever reason. I've plenty of times had the same done for me when I was trying to catch a group on the other side of the world.

/o has also been the way to find xp groups. Earlier today there were 6 people online between levels 40-50. We were able to form up and xp for an hour. Would not have happened otherwise.

With the lower pop, and Velious coming out soon(tm) not using global will further distance new players with vets. Sure it can get out of hand sometimes, but if you don't have /o filtered into a spam or secondary chat window you aren't doing yourself any favors.

Everyone who has played here has benefited from global /o at one point or another, or been able to accomplish something they otherwise wouldn't have been able to.

wp chewie
Old 05-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naeyi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. I logged my friend's wizard in this morning to port a newbie who was stuck in Toxx for whatever reason. I've plenty of times had the same done for me when I was trying to catch a group on the other side of the world.

/o has also been the way to find xp groups. Earlier today there were 6 people online between levels 40-50. We were able to form up and xp for an hour. Would not have happened otherwise.

With the lower pop, and Velious coming out soon(tm) not using global will further distance new players with vets. Sure it can get out of hand sometimes, but if you don't have /o filtered into a spam or secondary chat window you aren't doing yourself any favors.

Everyone who has played here has benefited from global /o at one point or another, or been able to accomplish something they otherwise wouldn't have been able to.
Tldr
Old 05-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tldr
xp and ports

wp chewie
Old 05-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With all the new group changes I say hold off on changing ooc. Groups doing /ooc hardcore these days.
Noticed the same, and benefiting from it as well.

Keep it in. OOC Mute the idiots who shit it up on a regular basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod View Post
if pitborn isn't online in your emulator, it probably should be wiped clean.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noticed the same, and benefiting from it as well.

Keep it in. OOC Mute the idiots who shit it up on a regular basis.
Too much of a workload IMO for GM resources that are probably stretched thin already.

Id patch solution that was proposed often, one post in OOC every 5 mins. That would also solve the garbage back and forth trash talk we see often. This is why we cant have nice things etc
Last edited by Tradesonred; 05-30-2014 at 08:37 PM..
Old 05-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Banned

OOC good IMO too.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

As a new player to the server I also really enjoy how the OOC is setup right now. Id throw my vote in to so leave as is!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Yea I like the "limited ooc" idea. 1 ooc per 5 mins or whatever. And just better policing. I've taken screenshots and reported ooc before. Not as good as a live GM but whatev. I hope the guy got muted/suspended for awhile.

Global ooc really does help the new players the most. The ones who need ports, groups, and who don't have guilds to help them.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Banned

if you dumbasses didnt mess with ooc in the first place you wouldnt have issues.

Good job trying to implement some retarded idea and it not working
Closed Thread