Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

I have faith in him running the server just not trying to improve it. He decided how it will be and after long convo's with his most trusted blue friends and this brain trust decided on the best pvp ruleset if THEY were hypothetically going to play pvp even though they all know that pvp is "so dum".

Problem with all non item loot rulsets is that PVP remains a simple inconvenience only to be avoided in order to focus on getting to level 60. And then at level 60 it is an inconvenience only to be engaged in if there is no choice because it just sux having to blow all that mana on an encounter that doesn't even give you exp.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

tite
Old 07-29-2013, 03:04 AM
Banned

Still time for an accident. Lets hope he doesn't use static wrist bands and a mat! And that the drives are stored in ziplocs instead of static bags.

Also please be drinking coffee or a really corrosive acid when working on the hotswaps...
Last edited by runlvlzero; 07-29-2013 at 03:16 AM..
Old 07-29-2013, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

Ya that could be cool. As long as they don't implement teams based on more blue pvp fantasies. Aww heck I think I'd be happy to try an experimental 2 team system with two central antonica based cities. Maybe freeport and neriak or freeport and rivervale or freeport and somewhere in the swamp. I like qeynos but its just too far away from the good stuff, it would have a huge disadvantage to whoever was closer to sol and guk.

My problem is I'd be afraid to roll with the anti-nihilum team because the main strength of that team seems to come and go from red99 making oppositional force seem sketchy. I never killed raid mobs on live and I'd like to do that at some point on here.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care a fickle leader who rules through Tyranny but does what the people want is good enough for me. I doubt we'll ever get a just and open democracy on an EMU.
Developers listening to players is what went wrong with this server in the first place, as well as every MMO since and including WoW. People don't know what is best for them. It's one thing to bring up a point, like if you can correlate teams to a higher or lower population. But polling the population for what they want, you really have to realize who you are talking to. Most of these people are not good at anything in life, so their ego is balanced on the shakey foundation that they were once good at EverQuest. So they will clamor for anything that threatens to deprive the advantages they have, and make excuses for any failings.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:54 AM
Banned

Well I agree except that "people are... part" but your right in that the

DM

should not be catering to the

whims

of the players.

They should be DMing and making the challenge max out. For everyone, equally, fairly, according to the rules.

Problem though is we are trying to be our own miniture DMs and come up with the server that would favor us.

But yeah.

(really odd typing, spacing, and punctuation for extra emphasis)

EQ was(is) great, because the developers were willing and ready to troll their playerbase with the Vision(TM)

I'm sure some of these doods on this box actually have mastery of something other than EQ IRL. I wouldn't generalize the 99 community that way. Only specific individuals based on their ignorance that shines through with everything they say...do...

To elaborate on "what the people want" when I wrote my post was... generally "fix the server" un-fuck the ruleset (pvp death xp was removed, xp made easier for the low pop etc)

People here do want things that align with the vision TM.

Item loot(optional)+
Classic resists
Nerfed exploits or broken items
+/- 4 levels

^ are probably on the top of most lists.

There is a lot of work to be done on the EMU code and such (mitigation follows a stepping pattern and not a smooth algorithmic function(this list goes on and recurses infinitely)). We're all hoping it'll get done one day and we'll get a chance to start on an even keel from when it wasn't done.

Your absolutely right that the rules were written by the players and not the game masters from the start. And that is a huge part of the problem around here.

(I'm seriously done editing and crafting this response finally)
Last edited by runlvlzero; 07-29-2013 at 07:05 AM..
Old 07-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Aviak

Shouldn't have said "people" in general, just usually the most vocal (read: trolls).
Old 07-29-2013, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zihm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shouldn't have said "people" in general, just usually the most vocal (read: trolls).
It doesn't invalidate your point. I just had to clarify =)
Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny how people talk about rogean neglecting red and then in the same breath talk about pvp teams.

Lol as fuck
Most people know that whatever we get, we'll get. That we really don't need to ride his ass(dick) about it. And when Sirken opens up a thread about it, its Sirken being cool and wanting to see the discussion. Not a promise.

99% of those trolls and (people like me) posting in the thread about teams were doing so for fun, with little expectation, and a lot of passion about discussing it.

I for one enjoyed the thread and particularly Limes final response towards the last page. Which illustrate quite a bit about the mechanics of teams.

Its an exercise in game development despite whether people believe they have agendas and whether or not they will be fulfilled or not.

And you never know, a good solution for teams could come out of it and a new server could be spawned somewhere. A lot of nerds here have the capability to host an EMU.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny how people talk about rogean neglecting red and then in the same breath talk about pvp teams.

Lol as fuck
Lol because team-based pvp is "blue"? I don't think people even want teams as much as they want a fresh start. There are pros and cons to whatever they decide to do, assuming there is still a choice (and I think there is). I was just trying to spell those out for people.

Just realize that the people who think the "wipe" is a troll aren't feeding the trolls by posting on these boards. I'm pretty sure this whole thing is to keep us immersed while keeping us occupied at the same time. Getting old school SZ players all misty-eyed about their favorite memories from 14 years ago to keep them hooked.

If they were to just come out and say "the stuff we ordered won't be here till Monday, just hang tight" how many people would quit for one reason or another?
Closed Thread