Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

This is not hard to code, and there have been several threads addressing this issue.

I think there is just a lack of 100% accurate information confirming this is how aggro worked (which it was).

I believe the main issue the devs here have were trying to get this imformation accurately for undead, as undead would always aggro the closest players in proximity, rather then just add them to the bottom of the hate list as normal mobs would have done in proximity
Last edited by Furniture; 05-03-2013 at 04:13 PM..
Old 06-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Proof PCs should be added to the hate list by simply being in proximity aggro range without attacking the mob or assisting PCs fighting the mob.

Quote:

------------------------------
January 31, 2001 3:00 am
------------------------------

--- We've also re-evaluated ways that players have to reduce their own
hate. While spells in place to allow this are OK, the Evade skill
(possessed by rogues) let them out of their damage too easily. A rogue
that successfully evaded would immediately drop to a level of hate
lower than someone who was in the awareness range, but hadn't done
anything to really upset the creature such as damage it or heal its
foe.
This problem was exacerbated by the increase of the size of the
hate list implemented with Velious.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

yup, this should be in. mobs should add players to their aggro list solely by them being in their aggro range.

If this isnt in by velious, the rampage drakes will be way too easy to deal with.

I remember anyone sitting on those pulls would get instantly gibbed. They were great afk checks.

"STAND UP, FLURRY DRAKES INC"
Old 06-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Banned

Anyone sitting when a raid mob is pulled into the camp needs to die.

I did a late night Vindi raid very blurry eyed on pal's SK and got absolutely blown up by him when he came into camp.

This also has ramifications of how easy it is to camp out trains and when its safe to res people in and where.

It also makes Sirran MUCH more interesting when he gets pissed off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

"Everyone camp" truly becomes everyone has to camp and wait for the high sign from the FD'ers.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Kobold

Sirran is non KOS so it wouldn't affect him, but I digress. This is a serious problem that totally changes the way the game should be played. Trains should actually be dangerous. Swarm kiting should work. You shouldn't be able to aggro mobs to have the rest of your group run through safely. Please fix this in the name of classic EQ.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirran is non KOS so it wouldn't affect him, but I digress. This is a serious problem that totally changes the way the game should be played. Trains should actually be dangerous. Swarm kiting should work. You shouldn't be able to aggro mobs to have the rest of your group run through safely. Please fix this in the name of classic EQ.
My turn to digress: Swarm kiting does work on p99.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My turn to digress: Swarm kiting does work on p99.
You either didn't play live or don't know what you're talking about. It's nothing like it should be. Regardless, stop shitting up this thread.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Banned

If you piss off Sirran, he gets very KOS.

But I digress.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you piss off Sirran, he gets very KOS.

But I digress.
Hmmm... I think that may be a separate issue that needs to be fixed as well then. I don't think he currently goes KOS to everyone when provoked. Either that or it's just impossible to tell because of the broken proximity aggro.

I'll check it out next time I'm in sky.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm... I think that may be a separate issue that needs to be fixed as well then. I don't think he currently goes KOS to everyone when provoked. Either that or it's just impossible to tell because of the broken proximity aggro.

I'll check it out next time I'm in sky.
Right if prox aggro worked right people would be on that mobs hate list which triggered anger from Sirran just by being near that mob. If you are on the mobs hate list that made Sirran angry then Sirran is angry at you.