Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Banned

pixel frenzy
Old 09-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

It's like a very small, hot room packed shoulder to shoulder with autists fighting over 3 bananas and an orange using only schoolyard law.

All of this is done without anyone making eye contact and over the sound of 10 shrieking babies.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 09-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Aviak

Dang Derubael, you laid it out really well. Thank you. I have 4 kids so I can't be Class C if I wanted to but I think I would fall under non-raider for my first character (druid) and raise a character that would fall under Class C.

I think I just need a couple friends to be honest. I'm not having too much fun at the moment because I'm just grinding out levels and the only interactions I have are SoW'ing/Porting people.. I also read guides like crazy but still find myself feeling completely newbie without being able to just send a tell to a wiser friend.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like a very small, hot room packed shoulder to shoulder with autists fighting over 3 bananas and an orange using only schoolyard law.

All of this is done without anyone making eye contact and over the sound of 10 shrieking babies.
I would never empty quote Yums, even if his post was perfect I'd feel the need to add some pointless text beneath it.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

yep, end game is alot better compared to any time before last December. If you want to raid 2x a month and kill dragons class R is for you. If you want to wait for vent calls at 4 am when class C is for you.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 09-22-2014, 07:21 PM
Banned

I think end game is great. The other night, we did a Drusila Sather run, and for fun we cleared all the way to you. It was like D&D, fighting and moving through the halls, rather than camping specific nameds. We killed the boss and left! It really felt like a little D&D campaign. Not tripping over XP per min or worrying about camping nameds, just having fun.

Then we went and killed a monk epic mob.

It was great, just doing stuff. Hanging out, killing bosses.

its a lot of fun at the end game, if you're 60 for any class. You can join your friends pretty much whatever class you are. No min maxing nonsense, just fun hangouts killing big things and it feels great.

Take the druid to 60 and be the guy that the group is stoked to have in it cus right after you kill DS you can Port over to another target straight from the dungeons deepest pits.

Once during a camp there was an earthquake, if we had a druid in the group we could have immediately ported our raid target ready group to any sweet ass long windowed mob to get some epic loot.

End game is all about enjoying EQ and not doing the pixel/exp per-minuet grind. Level 30-55 is, 'move as far forward as possible in the longest grinds you can afford so you can get over it asap and get into the chill mode of 55+ to me.. I hates it frodo, I hates it.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Let me just start by saying anyone who says druids aren't an end-game class clearly has never had to mobilize for raid targets. I also want to say that with new spells in velious, druids become pretty powerful spot healers for raiding. Anyway, ignore the haters man and just keep plugging along. You will realize that druids become more fun with more levels.

I personally think that druids are hardest to level 1-44; after that you gain access to certain zones and spells that allow you to potentially gain experience a lot faster. Expect to spend lots of time soloing, or in smaller groups with non-traditional compositions. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as you will generally level faster in these situations than you would joining full groups. Don't be afraid to explore new zones and try new stuff. Even if you die a few times in the process you will eventually end up finding the areas you gain the best experience and make up for the deaths.

As for the end game situation on project99 there are tons of things to look forward to as a druid. You can figure out ways to earn platinum or farm gear for alts, should that be your thing. You can join any of the raiding guilds; there are tons of different types to choose from depending on how dedicated you are to the game and what your playtime/playstyle is like. I don't have a whole lot of time to break everything down in detail for you right now but if you have any questions just shoot me a PM or hit me up in-game on Tasslehof or Barlow.

PS I believe you may have ported me from OT to somewhere else the other day, much appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 09-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by beev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dang Derubael, you laid it out really well. Thank you. I have 4 kids so I can't be Class C if I wanted to but I think I would fall under non-raider for my first character (druid) and raise a character that would fall under Class C.

I think I just need a couple friends to be honest. I'm not having too much fun at the moment because I'm just grinding out levels and the only interactions I have are SoW'ing/Porting people.. I also read guides like crazy but still find myself feeling completely newbie without being able to just send a tell to a wiser friend.
You're welcome. I think others have similar questions so now I can just point them to that post, which lays it out pretty accurately. No matter what you decide, you probably won't be doing it alone. Even the hardcore tunnel traders usually make a few friends along the way.

If you feel like you're just going on a solo grind through the levels, I'd suggest forming a group. Don't bother with finding an existing one, just do a /who all yourlevelrange and start messaging people asking if they want to group up in zoneofyourchoice. Nine out of ten times and you'll have a group ready to rock in less than 20 minutes, and that's definitely the best way to enjoy EQ.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

What is it like? it is exactly like this: (hint: close your eyes!)

http://youtu.be/w81s7UCl8uU
Old 09-22-2014, 08:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To each their own.

OP, right now the "end game" is split into, say, 3 factions.

Your hard core raiders (AKA - Class C) - 4 AM batphones, hours of tracking, and required to be ready a moments notice, these are Project 1999's most dedicated raiders. They put hours of time into planning, strategy, and execution, all to get the biggest mobs with the best pixels as often as possible. Because of the way our Classic/Kunark raid content is structured, Class C guilds generally end up getting many more mobs than their Class R counterparts, but sacrifice time, energy, and socks to do so.

Your casual raiders (AKA - Class R) - The majority of raiders fall into this category. Set within their own player managed rotation, Class R enjoys the fight itself as opposed to the challenge of beating your opposition to the punch. With a large window to fight your assigned target, you have plenty of time to set up, get your guild ready, and fight the mob on your terms. Less time and energy, but less targets to go around. Most people fall here simply on the merit that they don't have the time or the desire to go all out P99 like Class C does.

Your non-raiders (AKA - Everyone else, tunnel rats, item farmers) - Content to amass a platinum empire, or simply farm shiny tradeable's with their friends, these players don't care much for the raid scene and aren't concerned with seeing the biggest baddies with the best loot. Many, many people fall into this category - truth be told, there are likely as many or more of these kinds of players than there are raiders. Whether gearing up an alt or just hanging out with friends, this is a popular choice here on Project 1999.

All of these have their own ups and downs, their own disputes, and their own social circles. Everyone is greatly encouraged to work together when problems arise, and generally speaking this happens most of the time. Whatever path you choose, remember that the only way to lose at Everquest is to not have fun and enjoy what you're doing - beyond that, it's up to you to decide who you want your ever quest to play out (yes, that just happened. Cheese level at maximum, call green grocer).

Hope that helps, welcome (back) to the server, and enjoy!
No roleplayers huh?
Closed Thread