Yes 12 42.86%
Yes, but it won’t fix the problem 4 14.29%
No 12 42.86%
No, but open to other ideas 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2024, 08:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bullshit, people thought it was just a better idea than your roll. agree with URN, but don't want your dishonest ass anywhere near player agreement proposals. no vote.
Fortior, I’m not sure where your hostility is coming from, but there’s no need for it. I’m simply gauging interest in different options, including the URN system. Disagree if you want, but let’s keep it respectful. There’s no place for personal attacks here.
Old 08-14-2024, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Best solution - change the game so that things like this are on far shorter respawns and involve dynamic spawn mechanics, with NPC's that ramp up in number/difficulty based on the "excess" nearby player population, and with NPC's that tag themselves directly onto excess players, instead of just sitting there staring at them with super small and exploitable aggro ranges.
Old 08-14-2024, 07:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best solution - change the game so that things like this are on far shorter respawns and involve dynamic spawn mechanics, with NPC's that ramp up in number/difficulty based on the "excess" nearby player population, and with NPC's that tag themselves directly onto excess players, instead of just sitting there staring at them with super small and exploitable aggro ranges.
I 100% agree with this sentiment. This is exactly the kind of change the original EverQuest developers might have implemented to address these issues. Although they eventually went with instances as a solution (primarily). Unfortunately, it seems that the P99 team either lacks the capability to make such changes or prefers to leave these matters to the community to manage. As much as we might want to see dynamic and responsive game mechanics, it looks like we have to work within the systems and community we have.
Old 08-14-2024, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

EQ is just an electronic sweatshop.
Never gonna remove the sweat.
Old 08-14-2024, 08:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is just an electronic sweatshop.
Never gonna remove the sweat.
Actually, EQ’s developers implemented several changes over the years to reduce the issues of camp control and monopolization, including instancing, dynamic spawns, tasks/expeditions, loot lockouts, spawn rate changes, and other systems that made the game more accessible. However, this poll is about finding a solution within the framework of P99, specifically whether the URN system from Blue would be a good fit for Green.
Old 08-14-2024, 10:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by berbax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, EQ’s developers implemented several changes over the years to reduce the issues of camp control and monopolization, including instancing, dynamic spawns, tasks/expeditions, loot lockouts, spawn rate changes, and other systems that made the game more accessible. However, this poll is about finding a solution within the framework of P99, specifically whether the URN system from Blue would be a good fit for Green.
Okay...
Old 08-14-2024, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Camp monopolization is not something that existed in EQ in the first place. The play nice policy dictated that spawns must be shared, and before that it was DPS race. Although the problem remains that some NPC's have absolutely absurd respawn times.
Old 08-14-2024, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by berbax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fortior, I’m not sure where your hostility is coming from, but there’s no need for it. I’m simply gauging interest in different options, including the URN system. Disagree if you want, but let’s keep it respectful. There’s no place for personal attacks here.
I gotta say, as someone with no stake in DS camp rules, you've completely trashed your credibility on this.

You started off in that first thread talking about how you were a "dedicated solo artist player", making it sound like you were proposing changes just so anyone (like you) could have a fair shake at attempting a solo artist challenge. Later you admit you already got your solo kill. Reading between the lines it sure seems like you just want the loot but are afraid to admit to such a crass motivation.

When people responded, pointing out reasonable objections to your proposal, you replied with passive aggressive "thank you for your feedback" BS. The fact that you started off whining to GMs and CSR is a red flag to me.

When people pointed out that Blue solved a similar problem with URN, you initially dismissed the idea. Then you said you were "investigating" the idea, and then you made this thread, where you passive-aggressively pre-emptively shat on the idea:

Quote:
While I still believe the random roll may be the best fit for Green, the proposal raised concerns from Blue's URN group, who are worried that such a change might disrupt a system that already works well for them.
Bullshit. I didn't see a single post raising that fear.

Quote:
My main concern with implementing this on Green is whether those who have primarily controlled the camp would be willing to adopt this system. The success of the URN system relies on widespread participation, not just a few controlling groups. On Blue, they were united in the change, but Green tends to operate more independently, especially at the top guild level.
Again, bullshit. Compare this weak-ass salesmanship with Brool's far more charismatic announcement, where he:
* addresses the WHY for joining URN - get a chance to earn an urn if you've been frozen out by farm crews
* makes it a fait accompli - he's already doing this, get onboard if you'd like
* has a call to action - message him and you can join!
* makes it time sensitive - recruitment is initially capped, so don't delay

To recap, you're a shitty salesperson shitting on your own proposal. You provide no call to action. You don't demonstrate any critical mass supporting you. When people push back on your ideas you either quibble with them or respond with passive-aggressive pablum. You've been so bad at explaining the "why" for making a change that it's hard to escape the suspicion that this whole thing is in service of your own greed for an expensive MQ item.

If I ever get sweaty enough to want to camp DS, I'd like an URN-like system. But I sure wouldn't want you involved in any way in the running of such a system.
Old 08-15-2024, 06:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gotta say, as someone with no stake in DS camp rules, you've completely trashed your credibility on this.

You started off in that first thread talking about how you were a "dedicated solo artist player", making it sound like you were proposing changes just so anyone (like you) could have a fair shake at attempting a solo artist challenge. Later you admit you already got your solo kill. Reading between the lines it sure seems like you just want the loot but are afraid to admit to such a crass motivation.

When people responded, pointing out reasonable objections to your proposal, you replied with passive aggressive "thank you for your feedback" BS. The fact that you started off whining to GMs and CSR is a red flag to me.

When people pointed out that Blue solved a similar problem with URN, you initially dismissed the idea. Then you said you were "investigating" the idea, and then you made this thread, where you passive-aggressively pre-emptively shat on the idea:

Bullshit. I didn't see a single post raising that fear.

Again, bullshit. Compare this weak-ass salesmanship with Brool's far more charismatic announcement, where he:
* addresses the WHY for joining URN - get a chance to earn an urn if you've been frozen out by farm crews
* makes it a fait accompli - he's already doing this, get onboard if you'd like
* has a call to action - message him and you can join!
* makes it time sensitive - recruitment is initially capped, so don't delay

To recap, you're a shitty salesperson shitting on your own proposal. You provide no call to action. You don't demonstrate any critical mass supporting you. When people push back on your ideas you either quibble with them or respond with passive-aggressive pablum. You've been so bad at explaining the "why" for making a change that it's hard to escape the suspicion that this whole thing is in service of your own greed for an expensive MQ item.

If I ever get sweaty enough to want to camp DS, I'd like an URN-like system. But I sure wouldn't want you involved in any way in the running of such a system.
bcbrown, I’ll be blunt. I’ve explained the "why" behind this proposal so many times it's practically on loop, and I’m sorry if you see responding calmly as being "passive-aggressive." It seems you’ve paraphrased or misinterpreted much of what I’ve said to fit a narrative you disagree with. The only part you’re close to being right about is that I may not have explicitly posted about my concern that GG/Kingdom/Castle might not join together in an open group like URN. In fact, one of those members who initially expressed interest in the system came here and voted "No" purely out of spite.

As for your claim that I "dismissed" the URN idea, unfortunately that's incorrect. I initially focused on either changing it to a roll or list system because those were the options I was most familiar with (as in they had been done before, made sense, and aligned with other parts of the quest chain). However, when the URN system was suggested, I decided to investigate it further. Now, creating a poll to gauge interest is a necessary step in understanding if the URN system would actually work on Green. That’s not "shitting on" the idea—it’s called doing due diligence.

Lastly, I’m not here to sell the URN system, I’m gauging interest to see if it’s even a viable option before moving forward with anything like Brool’s announcement on Blue. You can’t "sell" something you don’t have yet.
Last edited by berbax; 08-15-2024 at 07:01 AM..
Old 08-15-2024, 07:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Whoops, I guess I overlooked this part while focusing on the bigger issues. I probably could have framed my post better and separated it from my solo artist experience, but there’s no need to "read between the lines" here—I’d take an urn if I could get one. That said, the change isn’t just about me; it affects everyone, including those going after the solo artist challenge. It feels like you’re searching for something disingenuous here, but my focus is on implementing a change that benefits everyone. You even mentioned that you’re not "sweaty enough" to go for it, and I’d argue that as of the last ~45 days, even if you were "sweaty enough," you couldn’t attempt it anyway because the camp is being monopolized 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Edit: Unless, of course, you’re "sweaty enough" to leave your guild and join Castle. But for some of us, it’s more about the people than the gear (okay, now that's passive aggressive).
Last edited by berbax; 08-15-2024 at 07:40 AM..