Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 06-18-2024, 11:58 AM
Banned

It's kind of ironic but it's why this thread exists, he banned Stasis01 for 6 months, cwall is cwall 143? I don't think they can ban by IP, also, I can VPN? So they lock it to moderator approved messages, but thats a ton of extra work.

This is a true microcosm of Red99 lol. Next my toons might be threatened? Delete them IDC you haven't realized that you can't like scare everyone, you need just firm mechanical boundaries lol =p
Old 06-18-2024, 12:11 PM
Banned

ur dealing with narcissists and psychopaths ambrogio, please adapt accordingly, even your victims you supposedly stick up for. (Pumice)
Old 06-18-2024, 12:21 PM
Banned

Not that they are dangerous, I am just saying if there's ways to grief people they will do it regardless of the rules. If there is a rule they will tweak the strategy to just fall under the rule, or find another area to do it or a different way. Or just quit. It's like no winning you know, if they can they will and that's what they do it for. It's just filtered out the normal people so it seems like there's lots of them. You can't change classic mechanics, so you're tied up no choice but to police and argue and lawyerquests and videos and stables. I mean lol. You're fucked. Anyhow. I get what you're trying to do is the right thing and I am sympathetic and a fan of Red, so once I have teams I will make my last thread and begonelike I said I would.

These are like the Toby Mcguire psychopaths. In a way ur doing society a service housing them. Ruin ppls lives in poker and just get a rock hard dick.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

EQ PvP doesn't work if the entire server is composed of hardcore PVPers. You need a ruleset that incentivizes PvE-focused players to also play there. XP bonus is one good way to do that. Firiona Vie style loot where all items are droppable is another. But you need to have enough "normal" players around so that the no-life sociopaths don't take over the server from the start and drive everyone else away.
Old 06-18-2024, 10:06 PM
Banned

I could see how someone could conceptualize that and make ROT.

I am trying to make a simulated End-game guild vs guild eventually with teams to help stragglers or solo players. I don't think it's necessary to attract "hardcore PVERS or hardcore PVPers" just like people who enjoy mass end game classic pvp is fine with me, don't need ot be all hardcore.

How many people have played all these FFA boxes and just like get shit on from every direction, it's not very attracting. There hasn't been a truly well coded classic PVP box resist wise, cheese mechanics wise, no grind-time accessible for all people, melee code, with teams.

Period, like ever. I mean Red99 classic was a shit show of bugs, then it was gone, kunark shit show of bugs then gone, now Velious permanent.

The Image/Devnoob boxes were ok but low pop, VZTZ was ok but low pop FFA.

People really haven't experienced fun Teams world PVP. I hope to change that. Vote for Dreamer.
Old 06-18-2024, 10:11 PM
Banned

The Glory Days of Tallon Zek are coming back, a Toxic Gamer Club production.
Old 06-18-2024, 10:29 PM
Banned

Basically the argument you're making is you need to have PVE'ers to keep the griefers happy.

There really is no grief potential on my box, I don't expect griefers to play my box. It's basically fair PVP competition. EQ PVP doesn't have to be drool cup, it's actually quite fun. And there are plenty of better PVE servers.
Old 06-18-2024, 11:25 PM
Banned

Stasis, that you?
Old 06-18-2024, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's kind of ironic but it's why this thread exists, he banned Stasis01 for 6 months, cwall is cwall 143? I don't think they can ban by IP, also, I can VPN? So they lock it to moderator approved messages, but thats a ton of extra work.

This is a true microcosm of Red99 lol. Next my toons might be threatened? Delete them IDC you haven't realized that you can't like scare everyone, you need just firm mechanical boundaries lol =p
I tell them when I’m leaving. I just bought these drinks.
Old 06-18-2024, 11:47 PM
Banned

Jk once I have teams my final update and then fart in the wind