Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-17-2024, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

[Memory of Letter] As you think about your last meal and you remember strange symbols etched in the corners — it looked like a 1hb, or Hammer of some type.

'Hmmm, well now, don't go getting your panties in a bunch lad. I remember that vault code as well as the day I left Kaladim. Everyone knows how the paladins love their holy weapons, but sometimes there's a few too many that are similar. Do you remember a few of the famous hammers the human paladins use? Dwarves learn their alphabet off such weapons, I imagine human relics of such craftsmanship are far rarer.'

Attempt to bluff to understand the code I read better. or at least the hammer markings.
Old 09-17-2024, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i take off my robe and wizard hat...
You take a big deep breath as you set foot in this new city... and smell the infamous piles of S that litter this retched hive of scum and villainy.

You feel a sense of frustration and think... "that guard could pick that up instead of just standing there."

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2024, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe ask the gnomes for a few Cleaner X's for doo doo duty.
Contact Red V for more details.
Old 09-20-2024, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Are we allowed to do short-form?

>So anyway, I was putting urinal cakes in the ladies restroom..
Old 09-20-2024, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Isn't Urinal Cake a 70's metal band?
Old 09-20-2024, 02:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[Memory of Letter] As you think about your last meal and you remember strange symbols etched in the corners — it looked like a 1hb, or Hammer of some type.

'Hmmm, well now, don't go getting your panties in a bunch lad. I remember that vault code as well as the day I left Kaladim. Everyone knows how the paladins love their holy weapons, but sometimes there's a few too many that are similar. Do you remember a few of the famous hammers the human paladins use? Dwarves learn their alphabet off such weapons, I imagine human relics of such craftsmanship are far rarer.'

Attempt to bluff to understand the code I read better. or at least the hammer markings.
Devin and the cloaked figure are momentarily distracted by the sounds of two gnomes on the docks nearby, their voices rising in playful banter. The smaller one is shouting and pointing, while the other gestures in total confusion.

"Freeport never disappoints," the figure mutters, shaking his head before turning his attention back to Devin with a smirk. "No wonder dwarves use hammers to teach their young—I suppose it’s hard to use books when you’re more likely to eat them than read them."

He leans in closer. "Though you might be on the right track. The Hall of Truth, where those Knights of Truth keep their holy weapons & relics… it’s not a place you walk into lightly. Not with this.."

He pulls back his cloak slightly, revealing a dark mark tattooed on his forearm: a black fist wrapped in chains. "I can’t exactly walk into the Hall of Truth" he says with a bitter grin. "The Dismal Rage doesn’t exactly get a warm welcome there—more like ‘kill on sight’ for most of us."

They pause, casting a glance toward the north. "Getting close to anything valuable in there won’t be easy. That place is crawling with paladins who won’t hesitate to put down anyone who doesn’t belong. But…you’re the sneaky type, aren’t you? Maybe you could slip in and poke around."

"But here’s another idea if you want to play it safe. Every night, the Knights of Truth hit the Seafarer's Roost. Get a few drinks in them, and they start flapping their mouths. We could pick up some useful information without having to risk the temple."
Last edited by shovelquest; 09-20-2024 at 03:08 AM..
Old 09-20-2024, 03:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are we allowed to do short-form?

>So anyway, I was putting urinal cakes in the ladies restroom..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't Urinal Cake a 70's metal band?
Back on the dock, as some more new arrivals to the city gather their belongings, a pair of gnomes stumble out from the ship’s storage. One has icing smeared over his eyes and holds two cupcakes, loudly complaining to the other about swapping the elvish soap for dwarven rock scrapers. The second halfling dances around, playing an imaginary guitar, seemingly oblivious to his friend's ranting.

Their antics come to an abrupt halt as a dark figure approaches. It’s the crusty sea captain, his face twisted in irritation. "Oi! You two! Causing a ruckus and not paying your fees, eh?" He snaps his fingers to get their attention. "What are your names! And how did you even get on my ship without paying?"

A hulking ogre pirate shipmate steps up behind him, looming over the halflings menacingly.

"You owe 2 platinum pieces... each!"
Last edited by shovelquest; 09-20-2024 at 03:07 AM..
Old 09-20-2024, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Devin and the cloaked figure are momentarily distracted by the sounds of two gnomes on the docks nearby, their voices rising in playful banter. The smaller one is shouting and pointing, while the other gestures in total confusion.

"Freeport never disappoints," the figure mutters, shaking his head before turning his attention back to Devin with a smirk. "No wonder dwarves use hammers to teach their young—I suppose it’s hard to use books when you’re more likely to eat them than read them."

He leans in closer. "Though you might be on the right track. The Hall of Truth, where those Knights of Truth keep their holy weapons & relics… it’s not a place you walk into lightly. Not with this.."

He pulls back his cloak slightly, revealing a dark mark tattooed on his forearm: a black fist wrapped in chains. "I can’t exactly walk into the Hall of Truth" he says with a bitter grin. "The Dismal Rage doesn’t exactly get a warm welcome there—more like ‘kill on sight’ for most of us."

They pause, casting a glance toward the north. "Getting close to anything valuable in there won’t be easy. That place is crawling with paladins who won’t hesitate to put down anyone who doesn’t belong. But…you’re the sneaky type, aren’t you? Maybe you could slip in and poke around."

"But here’s another idea if you want to play it safe. Every night, the Knights of Truth hit the Seafarer's Roost. Get a few drinks in them, and they start flapping their mouths. We could pick up some useful information without having to risk the temple."
Devin hid an involuntary shudder. In his homeland worship of Innoruuk was a instant death sentence. Additionally, there was the issue of family honor. Sure Devin had forsaken his surname and adopted Thickbrows upon his exile. But what gold loving dwarf hadn't contemplated some of the kings gold, he merely had the stones to go for them... Which put him at an impasse in this moment. Consorting with followers of Innoruuk, but also perhaps the opportunity to get his hands on some real treasure again, this time for keeps? Maybe also he was in over his head again, with more dire consequences. Certainly thievery would be punished harshly, but with this lot he'd be hung in the town square to gawkers.

Devin assumed a conspiratorial tone "Aye, seafarer's roost? I shouldn't have problem plying some drinks, with enough coins provided, to keep a couple thirsty guardsmen inebriated."

He held his palm out expectantly.

*Devin plans to double cross the dismal rage agent, but only if he can evade detection prior to rendezvous at the Seafarer's Roost by slipping through the alleys in freeport, until he can make his way to the Paladin's guild. He believes the wiser choice to side with the paladins and setup the dismal rage. If he feels he is being followed and can't escape detection he will reluctantly continue to support the dismal rage for the time being*