Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which Is More Worth it For A SK Race?
Troll Enhanced Regeneration 16 26.23%
Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity 45 73.77%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:56 AM
Fire Giant

Int doesn't matter a damn thing. You're not a healer or quad-kiter. It makes absolutely no difference whether your mana pool is 1500 or 1700 deep. You'll never spend it all in one place anyway, it'll be completely irrelevant while grouping, and for soloing you spend only a portion of your mana per kill. Whether you have to med after three kills, or after four kills but for 25% longer, has no influence on your leveling speed.

If you expect to solo a lot, troll regen will help you the most. It's actually really good. You won't have very good healing methods as an SK, especially if your health gets so low that you can't safely go around lifetapping mobs. Regen is awesome for soloing, but the troll exp penalty and regen's lack of awesomeness in groups means you should only go troll if you like to solo a lot. Other than that, ogre is best because of the stats and because less interrupts is pretty nice for a casting tank. Personally, I went with human because being 10ft tall and spherical is fucking annoying in any indoor area.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

Ogres are a dime a dozen. Go troll.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but if I put all those points into STA, my character will be encumbered just by wearing full banded and even worse when he has to wear plate.
There are many items/gear that add to STR. Velious in the future will add even more.

Ex-Tholuxe Paells player - "Vexikuri & Nytewind" Shout out to Bascome, Naur, Equable, Nizzi, Maynarrd, Daesean, Waggs, Cidz, & others... RIP Vino...
Old 07-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

I've heard a rumor the ogre frontal stun immunity is not functioning properly on this server. Is that true?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurelyElf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Str is like the easiest stat to raise, why would you base your race on something so minor? Lol. It's not like elves are encumbered just because they wear plate, even before str gear.
It's not just that. Ogres have absolutely massive starting stamina, even before you distribute your extra points. If you look at a composite stat view of all SK races, totaling STR/STA/AGI/INT, you'll find you get the *most* out of ogres, by far. Frontal stun immunity is very underplayed until you're dealing with high-end Kunark/Velious mobs, then you'll wonder why you ever chose anything else. I won't play anything other than Ogre Shaman - casting root through bashes is too nice. Likewise, casting Fear/Darkness through the mob's hits is an immense convenience.

However, I can definitely sympathize going Human/Dark Elf/Erudite/Iksar merely for cosmetics or novelty, since stat differences really don't make a huge difference in the grand scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Int doesn't matter a damn thing. You're not a healer or quad-kiter. It makes absolutely no difference whether your mana pool is 1500 or 1700 deep. You'll never spend it all in one place anyway, it'll be completely irrelevant while grouping, and for soloing you spend only a portion of your mana per kill. Whether you have to med after three kills, or after four kills but for 25% longer, has no influence on your leveling speed.
This is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you expect to solo a lot, troll regen will help you the most. It's actually really good. You won't have very good healing methods as an SK, especially if your health gets so low that you can't safely go around lifetapping mobs. Regen is awesome for soloing, but the troll exp penalty and regen's lack of awesomeness in groups means you should only go troll if you like to solo a lot.
Bind wound is your friend.

Regen races level far more slowly than other races even with their regen. I've run the numbers on it before for Iksar Necros - the extra regen makes a very tiny difference until your 50s (yet not near enough to offset the penalty), since your regen rates increase far above normal races during that time.

Levels 1-19:
Regen Rate (Human): 2 sitting, 1 FD, 1 standing
Regen Rate (Iksar): 4 sitting, 2 FD, 2 standing

Levels 20-49:
Regen Rate (Human): 3 sitting, 1 FD, 1 standing
Regen Rate (Iksar): 6 sitting, 2 FD, 2 standing

Level 50:
Regen Rate (Human): 4 sitting, 1 FD, 1 standing
Regen Rate (Iksar): 8 sitting, 2 FD, 2 standing

Levels 51-55:
Regen Rate (Human): 5 sitting, 3 FD, 2 standing
Regen Rate (Iksar): 12 sitting, 8 FD, 6 standing

Levels 56-59:
Regen Rate (Human): 6 sitting, 4 FD, 3 standing
Regen Rate (Iksar): 16 sitting, 12 FD, 10 standing

Level 60:
Regen Rate (Human): 7 sitting, 5 FD, 4 standing
Regen Rate (Iksar): 18 sitting, 14 FD, 12 standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Fire Giant

I went with human because there are not a lot of human SK's. I passed on Erudite because I don't care for their look. I passed on Troll and Ogre SK's because thee are so many of them and I also don't care for their look. Many people have their preferences and like the look of the larger races and if that's what you like, then go for it! I wouldn't worry so much about the regen rate of trolls personally. When it gets right down to it, you'll be grouped with buffs and healing constantly happening. The regen helps but only marginally. Between the two choices offered, I'd go ogre (as so many choose to do on tis server).
-----------------------
Old 07-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Shoulda gone ogre. You'll regret it when standing next to one and your sword is only half the size of his!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shoulda gone ogre. You'll regret it when standing next to one and your sword is only half the size of his!
Nah, I'll overcome my small sword size by putting crazy big horse shoes (tires) on my mount.

Besides, we all know it's how you use it.. Those mobs are always lining up to experience the thrill only available to those on the receiving end of my sword's attention.
-----------------------
Old 07-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Kobold

Stats are boring, I'd go dark elf because omg cool.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

I was thinking of going Iksar but was concerned with not being able to slam while wielding a 2hdr.
Closed Thread