Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

I am an archer of the 240th skill level. Please let me know if you ever need my bow!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

I woke up in Firiona Vie for another morning of defending the cliffs. For days I'd been fighting back the pirates and drolvargs there....and today was looking like it would be no different, just another uneventful training session. At least I could tell my archery was getting better, and the city was safe with me there.

Good news is I think people had been talking about my work there, since everyone seemed so much more cheerful towards me than when I first arrived.

So, as always, I started off by restocking my arrows with a nice barbarian fletcher I had met.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When I left his shop, I noticed it was starting to rain....but someone had to keep things under control! Rain can't keep a wood elf from her duty! So I ran out to the cliffs and began my work.

After an hour or two, I noticed the forest was unusually empty....scouting around I could see footprints everywhere, but where were they? It was just too strange!! Something was up, I could sense it!!

It wasn't long until I was proven right, the drolvargs had banded together into a giant war party!!!!! And they were chasing a poor human!!!!!!!

I knew what I had to do!! I had to save him!!!!!!! But he was fast....even faster than me!

I called out to him not to panic and just keep running away, since he seemed pretty good at that. He paused for a moment, confused, and shouted back it was all part of his plan....that he even had a couple more people nearby.

Obviously he had gone insane from fear! This was worse than I had thought!! Even a couple of archers would have a hard time fighting off such an army!!

I shouted I would join them in the fight, and he agreed. It didn't take long to track down his friends and begin setting an ambush.

The battle was unlike any other!!! The human had used some type of ultimate insult to distract the drolvargs...and then he used his impressive running ability to keep away from them!

I guess he knew what he was doing...because in the end it worked! We defeated them all together! And in the blink of an eye I had grown another level!! Lucky I showed up when I did, I'm sure the extra arrows made all the difference.

I guess that handled the cliffs safety though...the drolvargs and pirates wouldn't recover for quite a while.

So I quickly gathered all the drolvarg teeth I could and said goodbye....there was something I had to do....

I was hungry!! And the Captain has a strange fetish for teeth....but makes delicious trail mix!!!!

Anyhow, with all of the drolvargs defeated, I figured it was time to find someone else who needed my protection. I had heard rumors of a dark assassin terrorizing The Feerrott....I guess that was as good a place as any to begin.

Luckily I found another wood elf in Firiona Vie that could get me there....and away we went!!

When I got to the Feerrott I began trying to track the assassin. It really didn't take too long to find him....especially since he didn't seem to be making much effort to hide himself, instead just walking around the forest casually. Obviously from his overconfidence!

He hadn't seen me...but I knew of his reputation, my heart was racing!

Still, I had a job to do.......so it began!!!

To my surprise he was a lot faster than I had anticipated!!! And my knowledge of this forest wasn't the best....

No wonder he was confident!!!! He caught up to me a couple times, and I knew I couldn't go on like this!!

So I retreated.... this would be trickier than I thought.

Luckily I could tell another ranger was nearby! Surely with two archers he wouldn't stand a chance!!!

I tracked her down and she agreed to help...summoning some arrows for the fight. Odd I thought, what kind of archer doesn't already have arrows ready?

Oh well, I was sure it would be fine.

So together we tracked him down and began the fight again!!!!

But after only a couple of arrows...the ranger ran right at him!!!! Like some type of warrior!!!

It was insane!! She had lost her mind!!!! Everyone I was meeting today was insane!

And I was right, her health dropped a little faster than the assassins.....one wrong move and she would be dead! Did she know about the assassins backstabs?? Maybe she didn't!!!

But luckily I was there, and the assassin had already felt the sting of my arrows. As both of their healths dropped in a game of deadly chicken....the assassin knew even if he defeated her, he would have me to fight ....so he blinked first and decided to run.

His mistake! No one can run from a ranger!!!

It could have been so much safer...but either way, the goal was achieved!! I guess not every ranger has the heart of an archer -shrug-

With my success in Firiona and then against the Dark Assassin....I had come a long way. Now level 38, I decided it was time to begin The Great Hunt.

You see, for quite a while I had heard about the legendary "Skydarkener" being guarded by the fire dragon Wuoshi. I had done my research, I knew where she slept...I knew her power.....but she didn't know mine!!

Watch out Wuoshi!! I am coming for you!! It was time to begin my trek to the wakening lands for new adventures!!!!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Getting back to Velious didn't take long. I had been to the giants city before when I tricked them into thinking I was working for them for my Bow of the Huntsman....so I was pretty comfortable getting that far.

This time though...I was going even further....to a place I hadn't been....the home of Wuoshi, the Wakening Lands!

I slipped through the giants city again, keeping out of sight sure they would remember my part in the great war of Thurgadin.

But as I was exiting the city, I started to hear the sounds of battle. Someone needed my help!!

There, at the entrance to the Wakening Lands....adventurers were fighting the giants! Why? I don't know....but I had arrows, and they needed saving!!

I stayed to help them for a while, but slowly one by one adventurers either died or retreated.....until eventually the giants pushed us back.

Oh well, they had suffered a lot of losses! So it was a success!!! And now, it was time to continue! But before we parted, some of the adventurers told me of another city nearby...the dragons city!

Humm, a city of dragons? I wasn't too sure how they would feel about me....but maybe my part in the Thurgadin wars and then protecting the wakening lands had helped? I guess I would go see.

So I went out into the wakening lands to scout a bit....not finding any great dragon tracks at all...though I did find a tooth which seemed pretty handy. I guess Wuoshi was sleeping. Oh well, I planned to be in the wakening lands for a while....I had time.

As I continued scouting, eventually I came upon a city entrance. It had to be Skyshrine! The dragons city!!!

The two guards at the entrance seemed to not be bothered by me....it was a good sign, I think?

After talking a bit, eventually they let me through the gates. But they gave me a warning to avoid the cubes....-nods nods- whatever cubes were, they sounded dangerous. I thanked them for the advice.

The inside of the city was unlike any city I had seen!!! And it wasn't long until I got lost.....really really lost.

I still hadn't seen any dragons though, just ice creatures.....but I never forgot the guards warning about the cubes. I knew even if a cube tried to eat me, everyone would blame me for it and they would take the cubes side!!!

So, as I went forward...I kept making sure to peak around corners. Dragons, hungry cubes, this was dangerous!

As I said, I was lost....very very lost. And somehow managed to stumble into a giant maze! The halls were so wide...and ceilings so tall.....was this were dragons were?? Or....hungry cubes?!

As I ran around my fear dulled into tedium.....I was lost....really really lost.

The maze kept teleporting me around!! And even if I tried to go back the way I came, it was a dead end!!!!

30 minutes...an hour.....time started to drift by as I walked the halls of the maze. Was this how it would end? Trapped forever in the empty halls of the dragon city?

Or, was it Wuoshi?! Had she heard about my plans to hunt her?! Was this a trap by the dragons to stop me?! No! I didn't want it to end like this!!! I would make it out of there!!!

I sat for a moment thinking about how I could escape the maze. And that is when it dawned on me....arrows!!! Everything can be solved with arrows!!!!!!

So I began dropping arrows as I went...marking where I had been, and where the mazes teleports took me. As time I went on, I started to unravel the maze....bit by bit.

Everything was going fine...until...as I ran along, suddenly around a turn I saw it....A CUBE!!!!! And it looked hungry!!!

The guard had warned me!!!! Trapped alone....with this cube!!

It was too late to hide, too late to invis.....I had to think fast!!!

So....I crouched! Mimicing the cubes bounces and sounds "Gurgle gurle"....keeping a close eye on it as it rolled closer and closer.

As it inched near me....it paused....

"Gurgle gurgle?"

"Gurgle"

"Gurglee...."

And the cube began to roll down the hallway again.

It had worked!! I was safe!!!!!! And I continued my task of finding a way out of the maze!!

Eventually I did make it out....coming to more halls....more ice creatures.....and finally...I saw it!! A dragon!!!!

Did they know about my plans?! Was this the end now that I had made it past their maze trap?!

Now, from my studies on Wuoshi, I have learnt a few things.

First, dragons like to eat elves.

And second, I'm an elf.

I froze for a second....watching the dragon .....and I could tell it saw me too. I had managed to fool the cube, but I knew dragons were far too smart for that.

For some reason though, the dragon seemed disinterred. Had rumors of my battles against the giants reached them?? It must have!!

Yes, I had earned their trust.....-grins- for sure it would make hunting Wuoshi that much easier.

After that, I eventually found my way back to the wakening lands. The hunt would continue.....

Wuoshi, not even your dragon friends can save you now.....I'll have that skydarkener some day!!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am an archer of the 240th skill level. Please let me know if you ever need my bow!
Thanks so much! Surely for the great hunt if you are awake when wuoshi wakes up!!
Old 02-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

soon as Wuoshi spawns I am finding you asap

I also want to make a Rain Caller now to see how it would assist in your training, I only have a Trueshot Bow atm so I need to do some running around to complete it.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Kobold

I enjoy reading these updates.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
soon as Wuoshi spawns I am finding you asap

I also want to make a Rain Caller now to see how it would assist in your training, I only have a Trueshot Bow atm so I need to do some running around to complete it.
Thanks! I'll be in the wakening lands for a while (been keeping everyone safe from tigeraptors lately).

I already finished the rain caller adventure though. It is what I had before the bow of the huntsman.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks! I'll be in the wakening lands for a while (been keeping everyone safe from tigeraptors lately).

I already finished the rain caller adventure though. It is what I had before the bow of the huntsman.
np then - will be happy to assist in your Skydarkener quest
Old 02-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

+1 to this thread. Trying to convince a ranger friend of mine to join your guild, it's right up his alley.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 02-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 to this thread. Trying to convince a ranger friend of mine to join your guild, it's right up his alley.
Always looking for new archers! We will always be small, but eventually when those around Norrath see us...they will know they can rely on our bows to defend them!
Closed Thread