Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

If I had all the monies and some help for a studio...

Take original - velious as the starting point. Use the original engine with the textures updated (ElfHD). Expand on the old world. There is all that land, ocean and AIR to fill with things to do, other places to level. You could support far more players on a single server with this amount of space.

It would make no money as the core game doesn't sit well with WoW influenced players. WoW was made to 'fix' the problems EQ had. The problems are why I play.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it was way less grindy. Had a catchup mechanic. And older content could be more easily solo exploreded.
That would be ok to add Wow questlines. I could do some kind of WOW level up bonus or rest exp, I just would still want hard coded classic EQ around.

As far as the last point, it would be complicated. We would still have to find a way that melee suck but can solo. All I can think of is melee damage is lowered per group member added. Would be interesting if a rusty weapon was viable for solo. I have thought of "out of game lore context" ideas like this. (Can't think of another name.) Where it would be a cool idea, but the idea is so complicated and the complicity makes the game feel out of place, that it makes it a bad idea.

I'm down for any version of an MMORPG that is above a 6.5 rating. Just as long as EQ classic is around.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Me looking at New World:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-13-2021, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Oh sorry, I thought you said if EQ classic was released today.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

Take Valheim/ARK and inject it with EQ and you could have a serious contender.

I would limit the server size to around 1,000 and just create multiple shards that any player could travel to and from. Allow private server hosting like in ARK:Survival Evolved and let players keep to themselves and guilds if they want to. It would solve a lot of the issues mmorpgs have with overly toxic players being disruptive.

The next great mmo would have to be more sandboxy than a themepark imo.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me looking at New World:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha
Old 08-13-2021, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

I still have hope for Pantheon. I probably won't be able to try it for another year with the things are going, unfortunately. I don't know if their first alpha was released yet, last time I check it sounded soon.

If Pantheon fails, I think the best hope for a new, extremely fun, enjoying classic EQ for the first time feeling game, would be to throw in very odd random ideas, and randomly generate something.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Wow is tailored for the bitchmade. EQ1 isn't. There are far more bitchmade people. It says nothing about which game is better, only which is more popular.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if EQ came out today, it would be considered indie trash.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Being able to fully loot other people's corpses with /consent in early EQ is the most naive decision in mmo history. And it came *after* UO!
Closed Thread