Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I've read a few places that say when you increase your agility that its affect is very small. Is that still the case? I recently had a choice between a BP increasing my agility by 4 and wis by 4 but my ac went down by 2. Would that be a good trade off or is the agility not worth it?

Also, I just noticed that when I switch out between the old BP (Banded mail) with higher AC my AC goes from 442 to 439 even though the AC on the new BP (Bloodstained Tunic)is only 2 less than the old one. Not really sure why. The old one doesn't come with any other stats.
The amount of AC on the gear is not the actual amount that gets added to your AC; there's some multiplier (which explains why your AC went down by more than 2). However, for me (a shaman) adding agility also adds at least a few points (I forget how many exactly) of AC, so honestly I would have expected +4 AGI -2AC to result in more AC, not less.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Kobold

Thanks for all the replies. Lots of good information. I agree with whoever it was, I'm on my phone so not going to look back, that said they remember a ranger who can transition from dps to cc to tank smoothly. I agree with that and I suppose that is what I will probably end up trying to gear towards. I also agree that hp/ac is important simply because if you are a puller your probably going to get hit, especially inside. If you're a tank you of course need hp/ac. If dps role and you take sheep your making it harder on the tank and healer. A balance would be very nice from what I can tell from reading everything.

That said I screwed up in character creation. I went for dex, sta, agi. I'm not going to recreate my ranger again though since I'm lvl 21 so I think I'll just have to be heart dependent and focus more towards str since I'm so low in it, followed by ac/hp.

Would be great if the GM would let me recreate but I suppose I need to live my choice and make the best out of it.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

You are going to die, and die a lot on a Ranger I don't care how well you gear it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Dex is a BIG stat you need as a Ranger because it helps with weapon procs, but mostly Arrow crits, which is pretty much a Rangers Bread and Butter Solo. Do not ignore that stat or you will regret the hell out of it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by webrunner5; 06-27-2015 at 02:10 PM..
Old 06-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't ever gear for agility but it does have an impact. I have noticed this anecdotally on my shaman. Agi on the tank - less healing required --- very minimal gains though.

Also remember that low hp your agi drops like a rock. Encumbered hurts agility as well. If falling low hp drops your agility below the no-no range, less likely you'll pull off that last second win or live long enough for that life saving heal to hit.

I always put agi buff on puller and tank. Everyone else will free clicky agility if I'm not too busy canni dancing.

I'd never go out of my way to gear for agility -it's not a stat I even think about considering when making decisions.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-30-2015 at 07:33 PM..
Closed Thread