Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-23-2024, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are some, the dwarf in rathe mountains that turns the scales into a BP/Cloak for example come to mind. i forget the quest text i assume it's pretty decent though.
Fuck. I should have remembered that one. I did it on my dwarf berserker on the euroskum server. I wore it all of about 5 mins!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-23-2024, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck. I should have remembered that one. I did it on my dwarf berserker on the euroskum server. I wore it all of about 5 mins!
I went and looked at the quest text, it's not very good and it's even an example of your point of it being shoehorned in
Old 09-23-2024, 06:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to pick up on how you mention Vox/Naggy were unitemised at release as they weren't really anticipated to be killed so easily/frequently.

Something I really hate about early EQ is just how dropped in Naggy/Vox are.

Don't get me wrong - I love the cave art of Naggy in the Solusek dungeons, at Vox's claw marks through permafrost and her factioned little goblins.

However, beyond that, those dragons just don't seem to exist among the wider EQ world.

No one talks of them, no written legends, rumours, organisations explicitly keeping an eye on their activities. The dragons just don't feel part of the world. They feel thrown in.

Sadly, it was one of the aspects that made EQ feel gamey, instead of the wider simulated world it often felt.
I thought there was a big story about them being in love, and like vox being trapped idk something like that?
Old 09-23-2024, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

yeah, there is an entire storyline about Vox and Naggy getting kicked out of the Ring of Scale because their kid is the sleeper, Mayong was involved in helping them for his own ends also that's why you get + Ring of Scale faction for killing mobs in mistmoore.
Old 09-23-2024, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure they are the parents of Kerafym; I think Dozekar might actually be Kerafym's dad (it's mother is unknown), and the reason he was cursed was because he bred with another type of dragon.

At least according to our wiki, Vox/Nagafe wanted to breed a second Kerafym, but that plan was thwarted and they were banished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
Vox, the frost dragon, was banished from the Claws of Veeshan for plotting with Lord Nagafen to breed another prismatic dragon like Kerafyrm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
The fire dragon Nagafen lives in exile from all dragonkind due to a plot with Lady Vox to create another prismatic dragon similar to Kerafyrm.
There is also a long quest involving the two in EQ2: https://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/.../nagafen-text/

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 09-23-2024, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

yeah my bad i remembered it wrong, they wanted their own prismatic they could control
Quote:
Now we come to yet spoken of Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen, which for whatever reason, they decided to mate and create another Kerafyrm and actually thought that they maybe able to control it. They were discovered and banished from The Ring of Scale, when they reached Antonica, Nagafen Lord built a underground tunnel into his castle which he leaved and hunted at his leisure. Once again they made plans to mate, but this time Veeshan intervened herself, she destroyed the only exit and Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen were separated and have yet to mate.
Old 09-23-2024, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure they are the parents of Kerafym; I think Dozekar might actually be Kerafym's dad (it's mother is unknown), and the reason he was cursed was because he bred with another type of dragon.

At least according to our wiki, Vox/Nagafe wanted to breed a second Kerafym, but that plan was thwarted and they were banished.

There is also a long quest involving the two in EQ2: https://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/.../nagafen-text/
Honestly, that storyline always felt like retcon/speculation/fan theory to me.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-23-2024, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

it becomes an argument about what was inspired by the actual DnD campaign of Bill Trost and that other dude and what they wrote afterwards at that point.
Old 09-23-2024, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

like it's no big secret where the idea for Kunark came from.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2024, 10:16 PM
Skeleton

Regarding first Vox kill and no loot:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...3407389&nojs=1

Another old thread regarding guilds of the time that give some more view of what was happening during this time:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=77903