Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Until weapon damage was normalized in I think Planes of Power, dual wield worked as follows:

Main Hand received a flat damage bonus dependent on level. At levels 50-60 this bonus was significant enough that a low damage/low delay main hander would significantly outperform a higher damage / higher delay weapon.

The off-hand received no bonus.

For a duel wielding character, according to the rules of Classic, the best choice is the lowest possible delay weapon in the main-hand and the best ratio in the off-hand.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadrel Amon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For a duel wielding character, according to the rules of Classic, the best choice is the lowest possible delay weapon in the main-hand and the best ratio in the off-hand.

Much obliged. I've been trying to remember this magic rule for a while now.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, Fastest in main hand, best ratio in off hand...

Here's a thread from 2003 discussing it.. (pretty sure nothing changed between launch and 2003 in this regard)

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum...read.php?t=119
Old 04-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Sarnak

Any devs able to chime in on how it works here?

Also does this apply to rogues as well w/ BS? I was under the impression of high damage in main hand, best ratio in off hand?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Backstab goes off of your main hand damage, so for rogues, yes, you would prefer biggest damage weapon in main hand.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Kobold

How would a "DMG Bonus" on a weapon be calculated into the ratio? For example if a 5 Damage / 30 Delay weapon had a 10 DMG Bonus. Totally hypothetical.

Would it be 15/30, resulting in a 0.5 ratio?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by taamas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would a "DMG Bonus" on a weapon be calculated into the ratio? For example if a 5 Damage / 30 Delay weapon had a 10 DMG Bonus. Totally hypothetical.

Would it be 15/30, resulting in a 0.5 ratio?
From my understanding it change the ratio in essence, so a 10/20 in your main hand becomes a 11/20, so as you can see the less the delay the greater increase to ratio, also procing weapons that are fast are more dps since you will get more swings( assuming your using a proc that is a DD such as a YAK) I would really like to hear from a DEV though if possible on what calculations we are using on this server. Main hand get a +damage and if so can we get that number? Thank you DEVS!!!!!!!

Holmes 50 nerco DA
Gretzky 20 ranger DA
Old 04-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqholmes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From my understanding it change the ratio in essence, so a 10/20 in your main hand becomes a 11/20, so as you can see the less the delay the greater increase to ratio, also procing weapons that are fast are more dps since you will get more swings( assuming your using a proc that is a DD such as a YAK) I would really like to hear from a DEV though if possible on what calculations we are using on this server. Main hand get a +damage and if so can we get that number? Thank you DEVS!!!!!!!

Holmes 50 nerco DA
Gretzky 20 ranger DA
I 2nd that. Would be nice to see what calculations we are using. I guess using a parsing program, and some time would prob. help do the same thing ya?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

On live, the proc rate of a weapon has nothing to do with the number if swings.

Proc rate on live is a function of percent chance over time.

See this thread for more details: http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum...ad.php?t=13613

This is why shakerpaging warriors would actually get slow debuffed prior to shakerpaging. If you get your swings per minute low enough, the proc chance ends up basically being 100% per swing. Then, when you rampage, even though you are getting 100's of swings all at once, the proc chance percentage calculation was done prior to that and you end up proccing on nearly every swing as well. This is just one reason why shakerpaging was often considered an exploit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Looking at the EQEmu source code (in general, not specifically for p99) the code supports both a proc-per-minute calculation (like live) as well as a flat per-swing proc-chance adjusted by DEX and item/spell/aa proc bonuses (which would apply to each swing, making faster weapons proc more). This is configurable for each EMU server independently, so p99 could use either method, or could have a completely custom Mob::GetProcChances() function implemented [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That being said, since the goal of this server is to re-create live ~1999, it is extremely likely that the proc-rate calculation on this server is based on a 'procs-per-minute' calculation, and as such, it is most likley that low delay weapons do not proc more often than high-delay weapons, since that is how it works on live. A faster weapon does not correlate to increased chances to proc, even though you are swinging more often. Instead, all weapons with a proc will be based on an average procs per minute (I believe on live it's 2 procs a minute) adjusted by dex, aa and the weapons proc-rate modifier (if it has one... Very few weapons have a proc-rate modifier, with them only becoming relatively common in Luclin and beyond. However, one such weapon is 'DawnFire, Morning Star of Light' which drops in Fear)
Last edited by Bumamgar; 04-29-2010 at 09:17 AM..
Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Fire Giant

^^^

Excellent post, accurate information.
Closed Thread