Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Fire Giant

Last edited by Jimjam; Today at 09:21 AM.. Reason: had to remove a misplaced 'n' from one of those words

heheheheheh
Old 08-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Corners are the best resist gear and are free!
Does this mean people were exploiting the LoS bugs?
Old 08-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Fire Giant

LoS is a bug?
Old 08-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LoS is a bug?
Or as posted in the Velious beta chat...

Exploiting Geometry/LoS for Tanks/Melee. Is this strategy allowed, where your melee or tanks can hit a raid mob though they don't have true LoS on said mob, which allows them to avoid all LoS based AEs? Is this classic? Is it kosher on the server? -- As it stands there are some locations you can tank certain dragons like Zlandicar and quite a few in ToV, where your tank isn't getting hit by any AEs... Fears, DDs, stuns, etc. But he is still capable of meleeing, proccing and holding aggro. Same deal for your entire set of melee DPS standing in this location and tank standing somewhere else. Allowing you to still DPS but not deal with the AEs at all. For healers this was certainly a strategy. Hide behind wall because heals don't require LoS. However tanks and DPS still being able to hold aggro/melee AND being able to avoid AEs...
Old 08-03-2015, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

classic.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Guys can I send you some EQ action figures and have your whole guild sign for me? You guys are EQ superstars
Old 08-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

I'm talking about clerics hiding behind a corner to block LoS of the AE. Indoor zones, walls, you know smart stuff i.e. positioning.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Skeleton

All I hear is Bacon Pancakes making bacon pancakes when I see your Avatar
Old 08-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I hear is Bacon Pancakes making bacon pancakes when I see your Avatar
Well Velious is over now, so we should all partake in Bacon Pancakes.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm talking about clerics hiding behind a corner to block LoS of the AE. Indoor zones, walls, you know smart stuff i.e. positioning.
This is smart tactics.

What I speak about, which is what was quoted above is different from smart tactics. It's exploiting a bug.

Clerics who don't require line of sight to heal have always been able to hide behind walls. But on P99 Beta you were able to hide your tank under a step/hole in the ground, continue to hit with melee/hold aggro/do DPS all the while avoiding AEs because of the geometry. This wasn't classic and players trying to do this on classic would've been met with "you cannot see your target" messages. Here however you can stand underneath a step, hit a dragon with a large hitbox, so long as the center of the dragon is above you and completely avoid their AE. That is broken and should be removed.

If you want to melee or cast detrimental spells on a dragon, his AE should be hitting you, if it's not because of positioning you should receive "you cannot see your target" messages.

Making Hitboxes only function from the center of the dragon upwards would likely fix this. By requiring you be on even footing or levitating above a dragon and always in LoS to actually melee them.

But alas, I digress. It's not a big factor but pretty cheesy like burning SoulFires, Traks Teeth and Ivandyrs Hoops.
Closed Thread