Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reminds me of Nirgon and Alecta a bit... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
y?

Haynar was the chosen one. Who will add item loot?
Old 08-01-2016, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ was never about this degenerate environment that p99 created, it was about beating the content itself.
Absolutely true, but that content was new. People had to actually figure out the quests and strategies and so on. That's why the uber guilds like Fires of Heaven or Afterlife were raiding 60 hours a week back in 2000 to do content that Aftermath or Awakened could probably do in 10. Phinigel has no creative process of experimentation and failure and adaptation. It's only slightly more complicated than a lab rat hitting a plate and getting a pellet. Unless of course you are BDA and killing a pure tank and spank raid target like the Avatar of War with 60 people on Planes of Power damage tables and spell mechanics and so on is actually difficult for you.

In contrast, Project 1999 actually does have this creative process. Players here have figured out how to do the content with remarkably low numbers, how to pull everything to the zone efficiently, how to form up quickly, and so on. The open world also requires all sorts of diplomacy and guild relations. In fact if the staff would just junk this stupid variance which only rewards people who spend hundreds of hours staring at the screen waiting for NPCs to spawn and instead did frequent earthquakes, Project 1999 could be a really fun competitive environment.

Look, I absolutely understand why BDA is going to Phinigel. It's like being a teenager who has been cockblocked for years finally having a massive orgasm. It's great that you guys are having fun over there. Just don't expect us all to be hugely impressed by your ability to barely complete 15 year old content under no time pressure after reading a strategy guide that describes the correct process in detail.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

This has all been trial and error, with mitigation of the mighty and presence of the mighty and not being a purely classic server every encounter requires a bit of a learning curve.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Banned

uber guilds like Fires of Heaven and Afterlife also contended with bugs and issues the likes of which were never seen or will be seen on here

ie: 10+ people disconnecting on engages (auto attack getting pressed) and this wonderful instance of your server side hp not updating quick enough or w/e..

Quote:

You have been healed for 4258 points of damage! ...
Tunare bashes you for 32 points of damage!
You have Died .......

Sound familiar? What a truely horrendous bug, making most high end encounters even more unpredictable and time wasting. Sucks when you get Tunare to 20% and your Main tanks mysteriously "die" from full HP. Kudos to any guilds that lucked out and managed to kill multiple ownage mobs this week - cos we sure as hell had a rough time killing the few mobs we managed to. Its funny cos when Nagafen loot was dropping off Froglock Dar Knights in Old Sebilis the servers went down immeadiately for a patch (ahh remember the good old days?)- but when a bug appears that doesnt benefit the players it takes weeks to correct. Im really happy to see my extra $3.00 per month (x 450,000 accounts) is being used wisely. The apparently "large cost affiliated with running a large multi player online game" - doesnt include making it playable.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

it lasted well after Velious.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's exactly right, phiny is basically a short vacation in eq paradise. You get to explore everything the game has to offer with nobody bothering you. Let's be realistic though, in under 3 months they went from level 1 to killing all high end content of the current expansion. They will be keyed and killing in VT within a month of luclin, and downing quarm within 6 months, it's at that time we will be welcoming BDA back to p99 where they can retire and hang up their jerseys.
I dunno about that, GoD and OoW are pretty solid expansions. I see myself sticking around for at least a few expansions past OoW just to see what it was like. At that point I'll have no problem hanging it up after spending nearly 10 years playing this damn game!
Old 08-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Banned

This just in: Poopsocking is hard and Phinigel is ezmode

You guys have either reached dangerous levels of delusion or are just being bad trolls. P99's "Who can poopsock/neckbeard harder" type of "competition" is a joke. It's absolutely laughable that there are actually people in here advocating for the dumpster fire P99 raid scene like it's somehow good and any EQ raiding without P99's garbage mechanics is bad. Stop for a second and think about what the fuck you're saying right now cause its ridiculous.

Does any mentally healthy person actually believe raiding is only worth it if you have to poopsock to do it? Or if you have to answer shitty 3am batphones to get the target u want cause that's where the shitty window put it and if u don't log in and kill it within 2 min somebody else will? I can't even wrap my mind around how dumb that position is.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Moar SS of Phinny content please. Must get my fix....
Old 08-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

You know what would make P99 Great Again!? Other than Trump....

About 500 people, not characters, just stopped playing.

Sure the population would be cut by 50%+, but it certainly would make P99 Great Again.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Clone VM to Template --> Convert to VM --> Power ON --> Update template --> Power OFF --> Convert VM to Template

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO boring.

Does that answer your question Mr. Blower?
Old 08-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

they call me a beast

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread