Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 12-30-2023, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I'm planning on getting one (a 30+ dmg velium bow) eventually. It can be mildly annoying to have that proc break root so much but it does good damage. Roots make up most of my mana expenditure when bow rotting. I know it's not necessary (can always back up and shoot) but I enjoy being lazy.

But yes, I'm a freshly dinged 54 ranger with EC gear. Parsing ain't gonna be stellar in groups. Each level towards 60 should have a big impact ... especially levels 55+ when rangers get some innate attack.

I am curious and will parse it out when i'm 60 whether or not the increased attack compensates for the lack of triple attack with a main-hand 2hander on my 60 war.
A good ranger will parse decent with just straight melee, I usually outparse most with disc and above ec level monks in straight melee
Old 12-30-2023, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

dont worry about parsing just use your kit / be helpful...games roaring towards being 3 decades old all is left are the elves behind the keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 12-30-2023, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Yea raid geared I have the same experience as Rip.

Prior with a 10/18 and Swiftwind I was on par with most knights and aggro weapon warriors. Prob about 10-15% behind warriors if using a reaver. Monks and rogues will be 50-100% up depending on gear.

That said, Trueshot under certain circumstances is still solid even if no BFG. Exquisite Velium bow, Earthshaker, fleeting quiver, 8dmg arrows. Outdoors can even gwolf form which is like 40% of Avatar. I’d prob bow plunk if not raid geared, at least until the disc runs dry. Even with Tolan arrows if the npc isn’t rooted or moving it’s solid dps.
Last edited by Snaggles; 12-30-2023 at 02:43 PM..
Old 12-30-2023, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont worry about parsing just use your kit / be helpful...games roaring towards being 3 decades old all is left are the elves behind the keys
Yeah I had a great time earlier today in a 4-man. Lower level warrior who had a hard time holding aggro, cleric and rog. We lacked CC and I got to fill that role. We had the rog pulling with me snare/root peeling adds and keeping primary rob rooted whenever possible to help warrior aggro.

My dps might not yet be great but there's about eleventy billion other ways a ranger can make themselves useful.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-30-2023, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

True, a lot of a rangers contribution isn’t seen on a parse. Even outside fire nukes and call of sky/fire for interupts giving the tank a DS, Call of Earth, Attack buffs, etc. I always found it interesting people who trashed on their dps still ask for CoTP and if applicable SoN.
Old 12-30-2023, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, a lot of a rangers contribution isn’t seen on a parse. Even outside fire nukes and call of sky/fire for interupts giving the tank a DS, Call of Earth, Attack buffs, etc. I always found it interesting people who trashed on their dps still ask for CoTP and if applicable SoN.
And In kunark with no rooted dragons we still parse high, was number 2 when I died at 6% on nexona in riot couple weeks ago.

/GU Nexona in 61s, 34914 @572 | Taylur 5022@(89 in 56s) {X} | Ripqozko 4934@(89 in 55s) {X} | Rrocco 4652@(84 in 55s) | Loci 4077@(72 in 56s) | Kanick 3502@(76 in 46s) {X} | Ayeoh 3333@(66 in 50s) | Razorscale 2688@(61 in 44s) {X} | Vuhdoor 2515@(66 in 38s) {X} | Zieros 1420@(34 in 41s) {X} | Bombargo 1215@(27 in 45s) {X} | Hogwallup 938@(17 in 54s) | Kibann 386@(14 in 26s) | Aletha 180@(8 in 21s) | Linyah 32@(32 in 1s) | Zealvatar 13@(13 in 1s) {X}

Without the root breaking our disc we would parse higher .
Old 12-30-2023, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Yea totally. For burndowns like that not saving bump makes a lot of sense. I need to parse my dagarn sometime on a short fight when everyone is clawing for aggro.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I had a great time earlier today in a 4-man. Lower level warrior who had a hard time holding aggro, cleric and rog. We lacked CC and I got to fill that role. We had the rog pulling with me snare/root peeling adds and keeping primary rob rooted whenever possible to help warrior aggro.

My dps might not yet be great but there's about eleventy billion other ways a ranger can make themselves useful.
on paper thats a garbage 4 man so its nice when things work well just by playing properly

were you being a good little ranger and using your swarmcaller too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on paper thats a garbage 4 man so its nice when things work well just by playing properly

were you being a good little ranger and using Jimjam's swarmcaller too?
I sure hope so!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-02-2024, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

I rebought a Swarmcaller. Seldom do I root/joust until a proc triggers but with the EC that’s painful.