Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We could talk pseudophilosophy until everything is literally meaningless (I've done it a bunch, can be fun), but SZ teams are the only ones that really make the most sense. VZ teams could be awesome too, but 4 is kinda pushing it with our population.
Agreed
Old 07-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem Orchid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
could imagine myself now, playing with people like Xico, or BulletproofX and, having to call them... my team? lol
Having one team (evil) able to attack their own team would allow for players to experience FFA even on a teams server, if they really want it that badly.

Red99
Old 07-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Orc

I think teams would be fun if there was no level limit to who you could attack. Otherwise OOR healing would be a major problem.
I like the idea of zone control fights and raiding an enemy teams home towns. Pvp battles at the end game for raid mobs would be massive.
There would be a huge problem with trains. Unless there was a constant GM presence on the server having rules against anything other than hacking/boxing would wreck a lot of the fun because everyone would cry about soandso training and no one enforcing the rules.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having one team (evil) able to attack their own team would allow for players to experience FFA even on a teams server, if they really want it that badly.
Or they could just rage quit and go back to catching squirrels and setting them on fire while red picks back up.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Sarnak

3 teams.

Keeps things interesting when it's not just us vs them, even though one team is almost certainly going to be vastly inferior.

Biggest reason for going teams is people get a built in community whom they can work with. You know who your allies are, and whom you are supposed to attack.

FFA attracts a certain kind of crowd, all of which we probably have absorbed up to this point. People don't attack others because they don't want to alienate them as potential allies, or don't want to exploit situations (killing low hp people and what not) because they feel like total assholes. However if those players are on opposing teams it would feel natural to attack them, it's what you're supposed to do.

I think teams have a larger potential playerbase then ffa.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

This is gonna be so great! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Red99
Old 07-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

is eq browser had teams, id hit it.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittens Romney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think teams would be fun if there was no level limit to who you could attack. Otherwise OOR healing would be a major problem.
I like the idea of zone control fights and raiding an enemy teams home towns. Pvp battles at the end game for raid mobs would be massive.
There would be a huge problem with trains. Unless there was a constant GM presence on the server having rules against anything other than hacking/boxing would wreck a lot of the fun because everyone would cry about soandso training and no one enforcing the rules.
This was totally fun in WoW, before they patched in battlegrounds. It ranks on my top5 MMO experience, when we sat 50 hordes in Kings room in Undead city, defeding it against about 100 alliance players trying to gank him.

Also enjoyed a Dalaran raid (an alliance city) where 10 warlocks ported us at the bottom of a pool, where we had all been waterbreathed first. We came out of the pool like 40 of us Braveheart style AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I could totally see a custom raid boss spawning inside a city for an event. But you could also do this on a FFA server.

It would not take much to design events, in my mind, that would create loads of fun for players, making them tear other to pieces for hours on end. Just design the event once, and then just have a GM flip the switch once in a while.

At least i assume its that easy, maybe its not.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teams is a retarded as fuck idea.

Stop posting in this thread faggots
Can't imagine why your server is dead.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People don't attack others because they don't want to alienate them as potential allies, or don't want to exploit situations (killing low hp people and what not) because they feel like total assholes. However if those players are on opposing teams it would feel natural to attack them, it's what you're supposed to do.
Great point right here.