Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna go with the scientific consensus on this one
You misspelled establishment, Mr. Anarchist.

The scientific consensus is that Biden is savior from Trump starting ww3 while we fight in ww3 started under biden.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna go with the scientific consensus on this one, and not the Youtube from the Everquest forums evangelist
Is it the scientific consensus that climate change is occurring or is it the scientific consensus that climate change is occurring AND poses an existential threat to humanity?
Old 04-21-2022, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

It's the scientific consensus to make a new world dollar based on your carbon impact/reduction ratio.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You misspelled establishment, Mr. Anarchist.

The scientific consensus is that Biden is savior from Trump starting ww3 while we fight in ww3 started under biden.
Turns out "anarchist" does not necessarily mean "reject absolutely everything that resembles any kind of order no matter what", I'm not a teenager. My wife is definitely above me on the totem pole, my anti-authoritarian views do nothing to change this fact

And political science people are not even in the same league as actual climate scientists, their opinions are usually not relevant to me

Just like when I see a pastor with the prefix "Doctor", and know that this is not the same thing as a doctor practicing medicine
Old 04-21-2022, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it the scientific consensus that climate change is occurring or is it the scientific consensus that climate change is occurring AND poses an existential threat to humanity?
I do not think I can answer this question sufficiently, as I am not one of those scientists. Sure seems to me that it's an existential threat to humanity, or it will cause a lot of things that could be. I mean, even if it doesn't yield an extinction event, things will probably get pretty rough from my understanding. Especially in the countries that didn't actually do the damage to the climate, or very much of it when compared to USA/Europe/China/India and so on
Old 04-21-2022, 11:59 AM
Banned

Just imagine the great things that will happen when the sea level overtakes the garbage dumps in coastal towns!
Old 04-21-2022, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I do not think I can answer this question sufficiently, as I am not one of those scientists. Sure seems to me that it's an existential threat to humanity, or it will cause a lot of things that could be. I mean, even if it doesn't yield an extinction event, things will probably get pretty rough from my understanding. Especially in the countries that didn't actually do the damage to the climate, or very much of it when compared to USA/Europe/China/India and so on
Scientist opinions 1 2
Old 04-21-2022, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Turns out "anarchist" does not necessarily mean "reject absolutely everything that resembles any kind of order no matter what", I'm not a teenager. My wife is definitely above me on the totem pole, my anti-authoritarian views do nothing to change this fact

And political science people are not even in the same league as actual climate scientists, their opinions are usually not relevant to me

Just like when I see a pastor with the prefix "Doctor", and know that this is not the same thing as a doctor practicing medicine
why do you reject the idea that the scientific establishment might have bias to ignore studies that discredit studies they find a lot of confirmation bias in?

Quote:
An age model was extrapolated to the ice core using a firm decompaction model[10]. Deuterium data (δD) were used to reconstruct changes in summer temperature in the McMurdo Dry Valleys over the last 900 years. The study showed that there were three distinct periods: the Medieval Warm Period (1140 to 1287 AD), the Little Ice Age (1288 to 1807 AD) and the Modern Era (1808 to 2000 AD).
Im serious, the data to determine this stuff does not go back far enough to take into account any other arguments than the very small sample size extrapolates 80% of its data from.

It's just looking more and more like the solar cycle has more of an effect on climate than we understood 20 years ago, and this science is often rejected on principal, not science.
Old 04-21-2022, 12:23 PM
Banned

Do y'all remember when we were younger and we had to to wipe bugs off the windshield regularly? I do.

Obviously there are still a few places where this is the case, but it's not like I recall, not at all.
Old 04-21-2022, 12:24 PM
Banned

Do y'all remember when we were younger and we had to to wipe bugs off the windshield regularly? I do.

Obviously there are still a few places where this is the case, but it's not like I recall, not at all.
Closed Thread