Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believe it or not, more people playing here doesn't benefit me. If the amount of legitimate bug reports was influenced by the total amount of players, then yes, I'd want there to be as many as possible. However, I learned a long time ago that the majority of players don't report bugs. The ones that do, consistently make reports and are very helpful. (<3 u all)

If you believe players motivate unpaid developers.. that's simply not true in my case. If this was a business that was dependent on total subscriptions, I'd be persuaded by financial managers to please as many people as possible. Thankfully, that is not the case, and idgaf.
I respect your standpoint, and love the work you do. But I find it extremely hard to believe that if the servers all-of-a-sudden dropped to 0 concurrent users daily, and all positive (and negative) feedback completely vanished, with no forum posts, bug reports, or anyone outside the core development team to parley with, that there would be as much motivation to maintain this project.

Motivation does not have to be financial to be meaningful, far from it.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Aviak

Default for the "omgwtfnotclassic!!!11one1eleven" nerds

You really want classic? Nothing higher than 56k modem.. nothing higher than windows 98... no flat screen monitors with resolutions that didn't exist back then.. no laser mouse... I can go on and on.. lol u classic guys are something else.

Plus I wanna see you guys download titanium on 56k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Revelation; 08-10-2015 at 03:56 PM..
Old 08-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Large Bat

If spell timers are so important to the feel of classic EQ...... then why are we playing in Kunark and vellious?

And why aren't lowbies required to look at their spell books to med? Or will that come some day?

I don't like the change to spell timers, but to be honest, the thing that surprises me more than the change, is the violent reaction to folks simply posting their opinions on the subject.

It doesn't seem very characteristic of the players I've met on the server in my time here.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warflagon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If spell timers are so important to the feel of classic EQ...... then why are we playing in Kunark and vellious?

And why aren't lowbies required to look at their spell books to med? Or will that come some day?
Because "Classic" as defined by the devs for this project is the original trilogy.

If the devs had an easy solution for the spell book and meditate buttons, they would have implemented it already. The devs have been able to take great strides in the last couple of years with UI fixes as they were finally able to enable and disable certain aspects of the client.

Expect more classic changes to come not fewer.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warflagon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because "classic" is Velious.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because "Classic" as defined by the devs for this project is the original trilogy.

If the devs had an easy solution for the spell book and meditate buttons, they would have implemented it already. The devs have been able to take great strides in the last couple of years with UI fixes as they were finally able to enable and disable certain aspects of the client.

Expect more classic changes to come not fewer.
I think the real issue that people have is that there are a number of non-classic changes in place on the server, most notably the Ivandyr's Hoop nerf (but no nerfs to Soulfire or Reapers), FTE messages, and variance on raid mob spawn times.

It doesn't make very much sense to have strict adherence to "classic, warts and all" when there are also changes made specifically by the devs that are non-classic.

If you're going to remove buff timers, why keep FTE messages in place? It's essentially the same thing - additional information for the player that was not available during the timeline of the server (or ever, for FTE messages).
Old 08-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

The things you mention are for the CSRs, not for the players.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How's that work? o.O
No idea on the specifics but if your framerate is over 80 or so, you'll take no or drastically reduced falling damage. This is what allows people to pull mobs between islands in Sky, for example.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea on the specifics but if your framerate is over 80 or so, you'll take no or drastically reduced falling damage. This is what allows people to pull mobs between islands in Sky, for example.
D: how have I been so uninformed?! Well this makes a few things make sense... Fix plz!
Old 08-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The things you mention are for the CSRs, not for the players.
many players don't understand the difference between CSR tools and buff timers.