Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What will be your primary class on Green, considering the Classic changes?
Bard 41 7.18%
Cleric 53 9.28%
Druid 67 11.73%
Enchanter 64 11.21%
Magician 39 6.83%
Monk 26 4.55%
Necromancer 52 9.11%
Paladin 29 5.08%
Ranger 36 6.30%
Rogue 31 5.43%
Shadow Knight 34 5.95%
Shaman 46 8.06%
Warrior 27 4.73%
Wizard 26 4.55%
Voters: 571. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real dumb. Anyone who wants to main a Monk but plans to wait til Kunark is making a huge mistake.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a mage at launch in original EQ. Frankly, the pets sucked at the beginning and I always wished I was a necro.
me too , i seen necro's soloin stuff at lvl 29 that my mage couldnt' till he got the 34 spells, same with druids, well i could kill the mobs but it would have to be on the expense of chain casting pets and thats not really a strategy cus its not terribly effective always
Old 10-22-2019, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who wants to main a Monk is making a huge mistake.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

I am going with wizard. I have never played one before and it is totally different than the main classes I usually stick with. I like the idea of having the option of porting for money if I really want to and in groups, I can literally sit there for long periods of time while hardly paying attention, then stand and press a button to do my part.

As we get older some of us just become lazier, and this class seems like it would fit that nicely. No buffing people in groups or pulling constantly is key for me!
Old 10-22-2019, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As we get older some of us just become lazier, and this class seems like it would fit that nicely. No buffing people in groups or pulling constantly is key for me!
It's a great class to play while still fulfilling your "Honey-do list".

Win/Win [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2019, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Why do you think monk is so low? Because Human vs iskar and human vs light? Their dps isn't boned or anything right?
Old 10-22-2019, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Its because human.

They're an amazing class in vanilla.

It's only in Vanilla where their true vision of Monkliness is fully realized, basically no gear, pure skill and awesomeness.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks aren't great before Kunark and are missing the best race. If you make a monk it should be your main and if you are serious about it you should make an iksar. Main monks will focus on plat farming alts in classic.
Good point.. maybe people are in for the long haul and are willing to wait for that sweet monk twink a year from now.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its because human.

They're an amazing class in vanilla.

It's only in Vanilla where their true vision of Monkliness is fully realized, basically no gear, pure skill and awesomeness.
The lighting is nuts too... I went on and tested it. Was bliiiiind as a bat. Was kinda of cool tho.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

I am trying to decide if I want to do necro or shaman...

I think gearing the necro will be fun, but the shaman will be really fun, but the abilities of a necro vs a shaman are more appealing to me in the short term, but the long term abilities of a shaman are also appealing, I will prob just go necro but... getting a darkelf with red plate shaman would be a really fun quest.

UGH
Closed Thread