Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: When did you decide to quit EQ live?
Ruins of Kunark 10 2.54%
Scars of Velious 12 3.05%
Shadows of Luclin 50 12.72%
The Planes of Power 60 15.27%
The Legacy of Ykesha 55 13.99%
LDoN and beyond 206 52.42%
Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Velious for me. After spending days killing giants and only seeing my faction move one rating I decided I was tired of the game. And I got balls deep in with Morrowind for years after that.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all, I am amazed that this has stayed (mostly) on topic for almost 130 posts.

I quit EQ after SoD came out. I had played for 10 years and I had conquered almost every expansion, group and raid. I never raided the end content in SoD because I stopped playing like 3 weeks after it dropped.

There is no particular reason I stopped playing. I just stopped. It wasn't even a decision, I just didn't play for a day. Then I didn't play for a week. Then I didn't play for a...

That was in early 2009 when I stopped. I found P99 early 2013. EQ was an amazing game and still remains my favorite video game of all time. The amount of memories I have from this game vastly surpass the amount of memories I have from every single other video game I have ever played combined. Some frustrating (it is EQ, after all) but most are very fond. I made several RL connections in my time in the game and some I still talk to today. P99 has done a wonderful job recreating this amazing game and more than that they have recreated the way I feel when I play. Nothing will ever bring it back, but I am glad that the P99 staff did such a damn good job trying.

I still think about my old guild Grey Horizon on the E'ci(Tunare) server.
I remember you. I played a dwarf cleric in grey horizon too and quit right around sod as well. I moved to test for a time and that got boring. I do miss those raids with grey horizon though. Sarkus was a good raid leader.
Closed Thread