Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 10:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

bump for great justice

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 09-29-2014, 10:50 PM
Orc

This thread is being watched over by me...again...I promise.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Large Rat

What are a few good zones for a Level 13 Dark Elf Necro to level? (group, or solo)

From 10 to 13 I've mostly soloing in East Commonland, occasionally catching an Orc group. At this point, I'm starting to outgrow it though. I know Befallen is a good group thing for my level, but I can't ever seem to find group members. I've heard Unrest might be a good option, but I don't think I'm welcome in Dwarf territory, and the journey along the way seems pretty dangerous.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Orc

http://wiki.project1999.com/Ocean_of_Tears Sister's Isle (Number 10 on the map) Is a good place if you never plan to work on your Wood Elf faction.

If you do make it to Faydwer, Unrest is an excellent place. There is also the sisters camp in Lfay. The only vender I know of that will buy from you would be the druid at the Steamfont rings, but even then he might refuse necros...

Oasis/Nro is also a good place for your level. IDR what the entry level for orc highway or caimen is, but I grouped in Oasis a ton. Just mind the Sand Giants.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:13 AM
Aviak

Super noobish question, but would the ROK Prima's guidebook be worthwhile to pick up? This is my first real venture in EverQuest original (MMO vet overall) and I was wondering if something like that guide would be helpful for tips and what not. I know most of everything can be found online but sometimes having an actual book is nice. Any thoughts?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Super noobish question, but would the ROK Prima's guidebook be worthwhile to pick up? This is my first real venture in EverQuest original (MMO vet overall) and I was wondering if something like that guide would be helpful for tips and what not. I know most of everything can be found online but sometimes having an actual book is nice. Any thoughts?
I personally don't know anything about the guide book. But I doubt it would have anything worth the money. EQ has a very big learning curve, but once you learn it it's really a "fairly" easy game. Just very time consuming.

The hardest part IMO is navigation for a new person. Learn how to use the /loc command for navigating. And consult the maps regularly. Making a hot key for /loc is a great idea too and use it if you are about to die so you can find your corpse much easier.

As far as other tips. Most of them will be class specific. What class are you playing /planning on playing? Or are you looking for just general tips?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pane_AK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally don't know anything about the guide book. But I doubt it would have anything worth the money. EQ has a very big learning curve, but once you learn it it's really a "fairly" easy game. Just very time consuming.

The hardest part IMO is navigation for a new person. Learn how to use the /loc command for navigating. And consult the maps regularly. Making a hot key for /loc is a great idea too and use it if you are about to die so you can find your corpse much easier.

As far as other tips. Most of them will be class specific. What class are you playing /planning on playing? Or are you looking for just general tips?
I'll have to macro this /loc command for sure, this is actually first i've heard of it so thank you! Currently I am running in a duo and we are trying to plan out a solid setup. I started a thread yesterday trying to find the best match for an enchanter and we keep hearing that an ench/cler setup is best but I fear that the cleric might be a slightly boring class to play (is that right?). So we might do enchanter wither a sham/druid/necro.

Any other basic beginner tips you can share? We both have been trying to read as much as we can ont he forums and wiki to learn the inns and outs along with trying to plan the best duo (including best races/religion).
Old 10-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Kobold

I enjoy playing a cleric way more than a druid, if only because a group with a good enchanter and a good cleric can take on way tougher content at a way faster pace than a group being healed by a druid.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Orc

Screw the Prima books, the wiki knows all.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:..._killing_me.3F For starters. Skim over the thing, it gives you the basics of survival.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%2...election_Guide This goes over classes and duos fairly well. I disagree with a few points, but overall it's a good way to compare classes.

As far as entertaining duos, you could be right in ENC/CLR being dull. The cleric just does cleric things, typically keeping a superbuff Charmed thing alive...or the chanter when said thing decides it no longer likes you. Charming itself for the chanter is fun if you don't mind paying attention to what's going on.

Seeing as you're set on chanter, anything that can snare is a good pair. Chanters get a fixed duration fear, so the reverse kite is strong when you have someone to slow it down.

Honestly, play the duo you think you'll have fun with. If you're just looking for an easy time, well then ENC/pretty much anything. If you want a viable duo, take at least one class that can solo (Necro, enchanter, druid, shaman, bard, mage...maybe wizard).

Important "/" commands: /hidecorpse - You have a few options to modify what it ends up hiding, and it'll list them for you.

/corpse - Target the corpse you want to drag, and mash this button to pull it along with you.

/consent playername - Gives consent for playername to drag your corpse.

/who - This will give you a list of people in the zone. You can add partial names, guild names, class, or level to the end ("/who druid 21" will give you the druids in zone that are level 21)

/who all - With no modifiers, it'll give you a list of "all" the people online. Not actually all, it stops after a fairly moderate point. Otherwise works like /who, except that you can also use zone names to search specific areas for players. People that are /anon will not show up on who all.

Assist macro: If you remember how to make macros, awesome. If not I can explain that in another post.

My assist macro looks like this:
/tar playername
/pause 1
/assist

Works fine for me, just exchange playername for your main tank/assist.

That's everything I have off the top of my head, but don't be afraid to toss a few more follow-up questions in.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Aviak

Im a troll shaman and all my items are junk. some items bought from merchants, expensive and bad, giving me a few AC and 0 stats.

Innothule and grobb dont have quest to get some low lvl gear.

Im level 5, I cant kill yellows even spending all my mana, and whites take me a lot of time.

any suggestion?
Closed Thread