Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 07-19-2023, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't ignore your CHA comment at all. I talked about CHA earlier in the thread. I didn't think it needed to be brought up again. CHA is indeed a contender for best starting stat if you are playing in a group or guild that DI's the Rogues often. I personally haven't seen that strategy being employed, which is why I typically don't suggest CHA. But if metas have changed, and Rogues get DI'ed, then go CHA!

I am not suggesting that OP pick Barbarian, because I understand it is easy to cap STR on any race, and STA can be capped eventually with BiS gear. However, STA is much harder to cap, even with BiS gear, so you will benefit from that choice for more play hours. The only person who is suggesting STR is a significant factor is yourself, which is why your logic doesn't make sense. By your logic OP should roll Barbarian, because you are claiming 25 STR is going to significantly impact OP's leveling process. By extension, 43 STR is going to be an even more significant impact. I disagree with this, which is why I am not arguing it. OP will level just fine without the 43 STR or the 25 STR.

During the leveling process you aren't going to notice 150 STR vs. 175 STR, and no group will kick you out because of it. When you are raiding, you are going to have 135-235 STR in buffs with Maniacal Strength + Focus of Spirit + Avatar. With just Focus of Spirit + Avatar, you are at 167 Strength from buffs. That means you only need 0-28 worth of worn STR on a Gnome to cap STR. It's really not difficult to do the math. With Epic you have 20/28 of that Strength already.
No where did I claim 25 str is going to significantly impact the leveling process. We are debating amongst the best of minor benefits. Str is the best for rogue. Sta is for magelo. Might as well go CHA if you want a cool balanced magelo. You’ve already agreed with this, since your only argument for STA is harder to cap. You haven’t actually provided evidence that it does anything else but that. So just go CHA if you’re a stat capper.

There’s no further discussion needed here.
Old 07-19-2023, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No where did I claim 25 str is going to significantly impact the leveling process. We are debating amongst the best of minor benefits. Str is the best for rogue. Sta is for magelo. Might as well go CHA if you want a cool balanced magelo. You’ve already agreed with this, since your only argument for STA is harder to cap. You haven’t actually provided evidence that it does anything else but that. So just go CHA if you’re a stat capper.

There’s no further discussion needed here.
This is the problem. You simply say "STR is better", without actually showing why. If you admit the 25 STR doesn't have a significant impact, then it's always going to be better to put points into the starting stat that is harder to cap. You get more benefit for more play hours by doing this. You can't have it both ways and say that STR somehow helps, but it doesn't help, but you need to put your points into it hehe. Again, in the STA vs. CHA debate it comes down to how often Rogues are DI'ed, and I don't think anybody has data for this. I haven't seen it personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You spam every thread arguing with people and turning the threads into 20+ pages. It's safe to say, everybody knows your an asshole.
I am not spamming threads, and I am not forcing you to reply with useless posts like this. It is silly to say "people who disagree with me or post more often than I like are assholes". This is nonsense, and lazy. Apparently you think discussions are "spam". I guess you don't understand how forums work.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-19-2023 at 06:37 PM..
Old 07-19-2023, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the problem. You simply say "STR is better", without actually showing why. If you admit the 25 STR doesn't have a significant impact, then it's always going to be better to put points into the starting stat that is harder to cap. You get more benefit for more play hours by doing this. You can't have it both ways and say that STR somehow helps, but it doesn't help, but you need to put your points into it hehe.
We have a wiki that explains how STR works, I would advise you to consult that since you don’t seem to understand that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And if you are concerned about finding harder stats to cap, then just go CHA! Your logic supports this completely.

There’s nothing wrong with being a magelo hunter if that’s your thing. But that doesn’t make it the most impactful stat simply because it’s the hardest to cap.
Old 07-19-2023, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have a wiki that explains how STR works, I would advise you to consult that since you don’t seem to understand that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And if you are concerned about finding harder stats to cap, then just go CHA! Your logic supports this completely.
You should probably check the wiki first, since you cannot decide if STR is going to help or not. I understand the stat just fine, and I can show the math of how much STR you can get from items/buffs quite easily. That is why putting points into STR is not a good idea. You can get 235 STR from buffs alone in a raid situation, and 235 + 60 is 295, which is 40 STR over the cap.

You have already admitted that the 25 STR will not be significant during the leveling process, so it doesn't really matter if you have 150 STR or 175 STR during that period.

It doesn't sound like you have anything else to go on here.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-19-2023 at 06:47 PM..
Old 07-19-2023, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine meleeing a blue con mob for 39 dmg
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-19-2023, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

OP is prolly lvl 60 by now. Has moved on to next character and will not ask for any advice ever again.
Sorting through this shit to gleen an insight would be a fucking nightmare.

Here's an idea.
Say your piece, just the once. Maybe, just cuz no one is perfect an adendum. Then just stop.
Just for a newbies sanity if nothing else.
Repeating, adnauseum the same fucking advice, then arguing with all and sundry just mudies the water.

In before,
"Im just offering a full answer and this is a discussion forum, afraid of discussion are you" comment from someone.
Setting page count records in every thread is not a worthy goal.

Pick wisdom, level with competent friendly and roleplay groupies and id fucking bet youd be happy as a troll shaman is its own putresence, canibalizing it's own foot for mana.
Old 07-19-2023, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is the problem. You simply say "STR is better", without actually showing why. If you admit the 25 STR doesn't have a significant impact, then it's always going to be better to put points into the starting stat that is harder to cap. You get more benefit for more play hours by doing this. You can't have it both ways and say that STR somehow helps, but it doesn't help, but you need to put your points into it hehe. Again, in the STA vs. CHA debate it comes down to how often Rogues are DI'ed, and I don't think anybody has data for this. I haven't seen it personally.

I am not spamming threads, and I am not forcing you to reply with useless posts like this. It is silly to say "people who disagree with me or post more often than I like are assholes". This is nonsense, and lazy. Apparently you think discussions are "spam". I guess you don't understand how forums work.
You seem to argue with everyone, instead of making your point and moving on. We're you raised by a single mother? Most males that don't have a father role model will grow up acting like their mothers and have to always get the last word in. Ohh and they're always right. Sound like mom?
Old 07-19-2023, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is prolly lvl 60 by now. Has moved on to next character and will not ask for any advice ever again.
Sorting through this shit to gleen an insight would be a fucking nightmare.

Here's an idea.
Say your piece, just the once. Maybe, just cuz no one is perfect an adendum. Then just stop.
Just for a newbies sanity if nothing else.
Repeating, adnauseum the same fucking advice, then arguing with all and sundry just mudies the water.

In before,
"Im just offering a full answer and this is a discussion forum, afraid of discussion are you" comment from someone.
Setting page count records in every thread is not a worthy goal.

Pick wisdom, level with competent friendly and roleplay groupies and id fucking bet youd be happy as a troll shaman is its own putresence, canibalizing it's own foot for mana.
It's interesting that nobody else needs to follow the "say your piece once" rule. You have the "rules for thee but not for me" mentality. Why aren't you saying this to everybody else who has been rehashing their argument? Clearly you must notice the multiple posts from Crede, Foritor, etc. who are also doing this.

Singling me out shows that you don't actually care about the "say your piece once" rule, you just want to try and gain the upper hand in a non-standard way, because you cannot back up your point properly.

We are having a discussion, and I am sorry this offends you. It is not my problem that you do not understand the purpose of a forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to argue with everyone, instead of making your point and moving on. We're you raised by a single mother? Most males that don't have a father role model will grow up acting like their mothers and have to always get the last word in. Ohh and they're always right. Sound like mom?
Same thing I said to Duik. If you actually cared about the "make your point and move on" idea, you wouldn't be singling me out. Trying to say I am forcing people to respond to me with their same point over and over again is silly. You want me specifically to post once and move on, but you are perfectly fine with other people doing the same thing you are accusing me of.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-19-2023 at 07:35 PM..
Old 07-19-2023, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It's interesting that nobody else needs to follow the "say your piece once" rule. You have the "rules for thee but not for me" mentality. Why aren't you saying this to everybody else who has been rehashing their argument? Clearly you must notice the multiple posts from Crede, Foritor, etc. who are also doing this.
You have more posts in this thread than the next three combined:
DeathsSilkyMist 45
Crede 22
Toxigen 13
fortior 8
Old 07-19-2023, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have more posts in this thread than the next three combined:
DeathsSilkyMist 45
Crede 22
Toxigen 13
fortior 8
I am not sure what your point is. I am having discussions with multiple people at the same time. The other posters are mostly responding to me and not other people. So of course they have less posts individually. You should aggregate the data of all the posters responding to me, and you will see it evens out. If three people reply to me 15 times, I would have 45 posts if I responded to each of those replies. The post count would look like: DSM - 45, Poster A - 15, Poster B - 15, Poster C - 15.

Again, this is a forum, and on a forum people have discussions. I did not force multiple people to have a conversation with me. I do not mind having a discussion with multiple people at the same time, but it is a poor attempt at a gotcha to try and use post count in this kind of scenario.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-19-2023 at 07:52 PM..