Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-02-2022, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, it's not like the two other enchanters don't have stun or anything...

The 4th member, which isn't an enchanter, is just there to provide safe and reliable DPS, which mage provides more of than shaman. There's already enough CC and healing with the two other classes.

We're going around in circles, you lunatic. Do you not see you've already lost?
Old 09-02-2022, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, it's not like the two other enchanters don't have stun or anything...

The 4th member, which isn't an enchanter, is just there to provide safe and reliable DPS, which mage provides more of than shaman. There's already enough CC and healing with the two other classes.

We're going around in circles, you lunatic. Do you not see you've already lost?
You already admitted the DPS of the fourth character is largely irrelevant. Unless you want to walk that back, you have already disproven the need for a Mage's DPS with your own logic.
Old 09-02-2022, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You already admitted the DPS of the fourth character is largely irrelevant. Unless you want to walk that back, you have already disproven the need for a Mage's DPS.
All I can do is re-state the facts in continued effort to attempt to continue the discussion(s) in a civil manner. The ball is in DSM's court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as the data shows
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You called me "silly" when you were backed into a corner by my replies to you on the below thread too, and you stopped replying (like a little bitch): https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...401629&page=37.

How's it going in that corner you've been backed into?

Quote:
I am maintaining civility in this discussion, and my position is founded on hard evidence. The only insults I throw are thrown in defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you have not maintained civility in this discussion.

I have maintained civility in my posts to you - in which I have ONLY stated facts and asked questions - and despite my civility you have (repeatedly) called me a troll, called me silly, accused me of doing/posting things I have not done/posted, and meanwhile have continued to ignore my simple questions and avoided responding to the many facts I've stated. I present both of our posts - from this thread and elsewhere - as evidence of my civility, and you have provided no counterevidence despite me requesting you provide it (multiple times).

Why do you opt out of partaking in a civil discussion with me, and meanwhile claim that you are maintaining civility in this discussion (yet choose to continue to call me names for [seemingly] no reason)?

Why do you feel the need to "defend yourself" from any of the facts I have stated or questions I have asked?
Old 09-02-2022, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

I said the utility the shaman brings is irrelevant. Why would the DPS the 4th class brings be irrelevant?

You've lost the argument, DSM. Swallow your pride and admit defeat.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman DPS and healing is completely irrelevant.
The difference in Mage DPS and Shaman DPS is 20-30. If 50 DPS is irrelevant, 80 DPS is irrelevant. DPS isn't somehow unique between classes. If a Mage is dealing 50 DPS and a Shaman is dealing 50 DPS, the DPS is still 50.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
irrelevant Shaman
All I can do is re-state the facts in continued effort to attempt to continue the discussion(s) in a civil manner. The ball is in DSM's court.

Quote:
as the data shows
Quote:
You called me "silly" when you were backed into a corner by my replies to you on the below thread too, and you stopped replying (like a little bitch): https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...401629&page=37.

How's it going in that corner you've been backed into?

Quote:
I am maintaining civility in this discussion, and my position is founded on hard evidence. The only insults I throw are thrown in defense.

Quote:
No, you have not maintained civility in this discussion.

I have maintained civility in my posts to you - in which I have ONLY stated facts and asked questions - and despite my civility you have (repeatedly) called me a troll, called me silly, accused me of doing/posting things I have not done/posted, and meanwhile have continued to ignore my simple questions and avoided responding to the many facts I've stated. I present both of our posts - from this thread and elsewhere - as evidence of my civility, and you have provided no counterevidence despite me requesting you provide it (multiple times).

Why do you opt out of partaking in a civil discussion with me, and meanwhile claim that you are maintaining civility in this discussion (yet choose to continue to call me names for [seemingly] no reason)?

Why do you feel the need to "defend yourself" from any of the facts I have stated or questions I have asked?
Old 09-02-2022, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

Did this DPS take into account the speed at which two charm pets are doing DPS?

The potential DPS of a shaman means nothing if the mob dies before the DoT has a chance to finish. The mage's pet doesn't need to care about this. The mage doesn't need to care about cannibalise, nor healing himself, to upkeep this DPS either.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
DSM has provided zero evidence of his Shaman DPSing in a high level fast-paced killing DPS group in this thread. (I submit the posts in this thread as evidence.)

Quote:
The potential DPS of a shaman means nothing if the mob dies before the DoT has a chance to finish. The mage's pet doesn't need to care about this. The mage doesn't need to care about cannibalise, nor healing himself, to upkeep this DPS either.
Correct. These facts (among many others that have seemingly been completely ignored or [intentionally or otherwise] misinterpreted or misconstrued) have been stated to DSM multiple times by multiple posters hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by cyxthryth; 09-02-2022 at 09:21 PM..
Old 09-02-2022, 09:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Correct. These facts (among many others that have seemingly been completely ignored or [intentionally or otherwise] misinterpreted or misconstrued) have been stated to DSM multiple times by multiple posters hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then I think it's time to admit defeat.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Yes, I have already taken this into account if you read my overview of the discussion I posted earlier.