Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 06:02 AM
Banned

Now comes the part where mommylover flies off the handle because I point out that his defense mechanism is to simply copy the person that's owning him.

Observe.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:08 AM
Banned

See? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2010, 06:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes eqdruid76, I SEE THE LIGHT .

I see how incredibly stupid you are.
I feel so sorry for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But the good news is I sold everything I set out to. $$$$ Bedtime. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2010, 06:18 AM
Banned

I feel sorry for you, staying up past 6am.

It's been fun, and I know your psychosis requires you to always have the last word, so you're welcome to it. Just keep in mind, we BOTH look like idiots now. I am fine with that, are you? /wave
Old 05-25-2010, 06:38 AM
Sarnak

This got real mature.

Also, I'm at work, so I have an excuse for being up.
Methlab - 50 Troll Shadow Knight
Kemba - 19 Monk
Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Orc

I never managed to sell much on Live at EC tunnel as I didn't have the time and the patience for it, and what I did sell was priced much lower than its worth so I could get on to doing other things. I expect it will pretty much be the same here; being an EC trader just doesn't float my boat.

That said, there are many people who really enjoy the act of buying and selling, and this can only be done effectively in a market where goods are not available to eveyone, at any time due, to a global auction channel. Furthermore, the social aspect EC tunnel is fun for a lot of people, not least the lowbies who can go there and get buffed up the rear to smooth over the early leveling process.

Regardless on your opinion however, why anyone would expect the devs or other players to listen to you and take you seriously if you can't post your reasons for or against this change in a considerate, respectful and constructive manner is beyond me. I personally wish the moderaters were more liberal in their application of the banhammer over the vitriol that is spewed over these forums.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

I am 100% neutral on this issue, but just wanted to mention one thing: people, I hope this teaches you to learn to fucking make money, because it's do or die now without the global auction channel. One observation I have made again and again about Everquest players is that they are unfathomably bad at making money. People tell me that they can't afford their spells at level 4, that their life savings at level 10 are only 22 platinum (for non-casters even), etc, etc, etc. Here's some advice:

-Buy 8 backpacks and fill the bank with them

-Fill those backpacks with bone chips, pelts (of all qualities - eventually someone will buy them), spider(ling) silks, Deathfist/Crushbone Belts/Pads, etc.

-Create a hotkey with /auction WTS (...) and modify it whenever you sell stuff.

As much as I want to have all the moneyz for myself, I can never understand why people don't take the time to enterprise in this game and then complain about how they find it hard to make money, even without global ooc/auction.

/end rant
Old 05-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Aviak

My playtime is right now, and instead of being able to sell items as usual there's 20 players in EC and only one other person auctioning. Sadness. Technically "classic" but that doesn't make it automatically best for P1999.

My donation hand is ready to contribute again should this non-classic but, imo, game enhancing feature return to the game!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersuits [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My playtime is right now, and instead of being able to sell items as usual there's 20 players in EC and only one other person auctioning. Sadness. Technically "classic" but that doesn't make it automatically best for P1999.

My donation hand is ready to contribute again should this non-classic but, imo, game enhancing feature return to the game!
Then I'm afraid you're gonna need to find something else to do with that hand. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default if you play off peak

if you play off peak with this change you will almost have to roll to a solo class, dont let the sweetness and light crowd bullshit you playing off peak on this server is damn near impossible if you cant solo. It was bad enough before the loss of globals now its just going to suck.
Closed Thread