Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know man, its people like you that post the dumbest shit... You come into a thread on a forum that you dont agree with and start posting a bunch of crap rather than coming up with a creative or constructive way to even try and find out if there actually is an issue, or helping to figgure out how to find out what things were actually like back in 99..

The dev's see shit like that and decide.. Yeah, im gonna just pass on this thread, its going to degenerate into mindless bullshit, and thanks to people like you, it theyre right! For all the shit you guys talk, not one of you has even bothered to come up with a constructive way to test this out, or track down some actual data, and since you thread trolls are the ones that seem to delight in doing that kind of thing, it figgures, the one thing you'd be good at, you wont even attempt.
Lol, wow, man... wow...

Continue embarrassing yourself please its really giving me a lot of enjoyment.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Kobold

people like this guy, ladies and gents, is why i have zero faith in humanity.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Aviak

Im glad you guys enjoy this, somehow its become the most replied to post in the bugs section, and is on its way towards being the most viewed... Its a pity, that a big part of reason it got there is on the backs of people like you guys who would rather start shit, than come up with a solution.

You should be so proud of yourselves...
Old 05-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Aviak

On another note for the first time viewers coming to the last page and seeing this, the complaint is as follows... A level 13 warrior shouldnt miss nearly as much as they do against a light blue, or green mob. Alot of the response has been that melee weapons hit rate is based on skill alone, but not one person has, or seems to be able to answer why the miss rate seems as high now, or higher, than it did at level 1... My weapon skill at level 13, is 70, which is far closer to 100, than to 0, which it was at level 1. Given the argument that hit rate is skill based, why hasnt the miss rate dropped noticably since level 1? Is 70 points of skill really so little even against mobs that should be fairly easy to kill?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Morn, as a neutral observer I think you're reacting very defensively. You stated something, people disagreed with your assessment - they're not saying you're a bad person, they just disagree with you.

Maybe you should try playing a caster instead this go-round and see if you enjoy the game more.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Morn, as a neutral observer I think you're reacting very defensively. You stated something, people disagreed with your assessment - they're not saying you're a bad person, they just disagree with you.

Maybe you should try playing a caster instead this go-round and see if you enjoy the game more.
Is it not a natural reaction to respond defensively when your basically told your ideas are shit, quit crying, your doing it wrong, you dont know what your doing, ect. The first couple of posts were fine, then a couple people decided to post sayin I was wrong about stuff I know full well I was able to do in EQ back in 1999. Suppose I could just ignore the trolls though.. Rather wish there was a way to just delete their posts and clean the thread up.

Side note, I have a caster, and the pet is rather lame. Its just not as fun ordering a little minion around and watching it beat the crap out of everything while you stand around and organise the lint in your pockets.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it not a natural reaction to respond defensively when your basically told your ideas are shit, quit crying, your doing it wrong, you dont know what your doing, ect.

Go read through your posts. It is QUITE clear that you were the one who started tossing around insults and acting like a baby well before anyone retorted back to you.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go read through your posts. It is QUITE clear that you were the one who started tossing around insults and acting like a baby well before anyone retorted back to you.
Yeah... Go check your quotes again buddy... First post you left on here was about user error.... While we're talking about YOUR posts, I REALLY like this one... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Seriously, I wish to god it had been your FIRST post in this thread.. Woulda saved ALOT of BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I noticed something yesterday when playing but I don't know if it was coincidence or what.

I'm level 19, fighting in Mistmoore, and my dual wield/double attacks are few and far between. Although my DPS isn't as bad as it was before the fix, it wasn't happening often.

I ding 20, and my skills start to go over 100. I'm getting to 102/103/104 and my double attack/dual wield start going crazy. I'm literally smacking the mob 4 times every 30ish seconds when I had rarely seen it once a fight before hand.

I dunno if 100 skill is some "hump" or what, but I definitely noticed a difference.
Good god, that makes so much sense and actually applies to what I am talking about in this thread... The fact that there is a "Hump" or trigger point where the attacks hit more and skill triggers more, all of a sudden, and for no apparent reason other than gaining past a certian number in the skill points. Seriously, dont you see the flaw in everything you've been arguing about? There should be no "Trigger zone", or "hump" the progression should be smooth and even, and 5 skill points shouldnt be the difference between a 35-40% miss rate, and a 10% miss rate. Or in your case, dual weild and double attacks occouring RARELY to occuring REGULARLY....

Define Irony? Howabout the person who's been so vehemently denying my issue and trolling my posts being the one to have made a post that actually validates and proves my point?

Seriously president, I wish I'd found that post earlier, as it REALLY does give some validity to the issue here.. Now, if we can find a level 19 mellee char, who's about to hit level 20, and watch him ding and his skills go up, I'd say we've got a pretty good starting point for tracking down and flattening out that "hump" like it should be, cause it sure as hell wasnt as noticable in 1999 when I played..

Yeah, you've irritated me, but still... /hugz President.
Last edited by Morndenkainen; 05-19-2010 at 08:42 PM..
Old 05-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yeah... Go check your quotes again buddy... First post you left on here was about user error.... While we're talking about YOUR posts, I REALLY like this one... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good god, that makes so much sense and actually applies to what I am talking about in this thread... The fact that there is a "Hump" or trigger point where the attacks hit more and skill triggers more, all of a sudden, and for no apparent reason other than gaining past a certian number in the skill points. Seriously, dont you see the flaw in everything you've been arguing about? There should be no "Trigger zone", or "hump" the progression should be smooth and even, and 5 skill points shouldnt be the difference between a 35-40% miss rate, and a 10% miss rate. Or in your case, dual weild and double attacks occouring RARELY to occuring REGULARLY....

Define Irony? Howabout the person who's been so vehemently denying my issue and trolling my posts being the one to have made a post that actually validates and proves my point?

Seriously president, I wish I'd found that post earlier, as it REALLY does give some validity to the issue here.. Now, if we can find a level 19 mellee char, who's about to hit level 20, and watch him ding and his skills go up, I'd say we've got a pretty good starting point for tracking down and flattening out that "hump" like it should be, cause it sure as hell wasnt as noticable in 1999 when I played..

EDIT* Nvm, guess it was after the fix. Either way, multiple posts here have reference there being a *hump* in classic at level 20 as well. So.. your still wrong.
Last edited by President; 05-19-2010 at 08:46 PM..
Old 05-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Yeah... Go check your quotes again buddy... First post you left on here was about user error.... While we're talking about YOUR posts, I REALLY like this one... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Seriously, I wish to god it had been your FIRST post in this thread.. Woulda saved ALOT of BS.

This was Always like this. Always. This was why I specifically noted 100 skill a few posts back, last page. For example 100 skill in Mend is the point at which it can't fail, it can only critically fail (i Think, it might be the other way around?). 100 skill in Most skills you will notice a Huge difference in how they perform.

In WoW, there was a huge difference in 5 skill points. THIS is why I think you've spent too much time on WoW and it's skewing your memory of your time in EQ.
Last edited by Desert; 05-19-2010 at 08:55 PM..
Closed Thread