Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-03-2023, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hilarious and sad how hard Trump caused high earning middle class folks to get ass-rammed on their taxes
It'll be even funnier and sadder if they campaign on raising the voting age AND the retirement age

Especially if it fuckin' works
Old 07-03-2023, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

There's also this huge question looming over American politics: What is the role of the federal government?

The right tries less because they think the government should be more limited. The left disagrees.

This debate on student loan repayment highlights a K-12 education system that struggles to keep pace with the rest of the developed world and a secondary education system that is patently unaffordable to most because the universities are banking on the government paying their bills.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:42 PM
Banned

If the right was serious about limiting the role of the federal government they'd entertain spending cuts in the defense budget, so let's just put the "small government" horse shit to pasture right now
Old 07-03-2023, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'll be even funnier and sadder if they campaign on raising the voting age
That would require a convention.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's also this huge question looming over American politics: What is the role of the federal government?

The right tries less because they think the government should be more limited. The left disagrees.

This debate on student loan repayment highlights a K-12 education system that struggles to keep pace with the rest of the developed world and a secondary education system that is patently unaffordable to most because the universities are banking on the government paying their bills.
Just by not placing blame completely on external forces you change the entire dynamic of something, sometimes in a big way

If I need to lose weight, and all the government does is remind me about all the things working against me to lose weight, then all that does is get me really good at listing and explaining all the reasons I can’t lose weight

I’m not saying the government shouldn’t acknowledge that these setbacks to poor minorities exist. But constantly harping about them causes the communities they affect to become disempowered and, as in the weight loss example, get really good at listing the reasons why it’s pointless to try
Old 07-03-2023, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would require a convention.
They were talking about overturning Roe v Wade for decades, lied about it repeatedly, and then did it anyways. I think it's clear they have outmanuevered the clueless Democrats over and over when it comes to this shit.

Don't put that past them. Hell, they might hold it in Georgia, if memory serves, I might get directly involved if I'm still alive at the time!
Old 07-03-2023, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

How many here actually live in a poor, drug-plagued, Black majority area?

You fucking poseurs. Talking about "their" problems. More crackers on fentanyl than Blacks.

An American is someone that is convinced the problem lies elsewhere.

And the folks who do the Jesus Shuffle here are so illiterate they do not even grok what verse I just alluded to.

I can handle crazy. I can't handle dumb.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Of course, the only way to secure the vote is to say you're going to lower taxes AND increase spending.

If the power and scope of the federal government was constrained, the incentives for lobbying would be reduced.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many here actually live in a poor, drug-plagued, Black majority area?
Me, I do. This is the kind of county where I stand out because I have all of my original teeth in my mouth
Old 07-03-2023, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were talking about overturning Roe v Wade for decades, lied about it repeatedly, and then did it anyways. I think it's clear they have outmanuevered the clueless Democrats over and over when it comes to this shit.

Don't put that past them. Hell, they might hold it in Georgia, if memory serves, I might get directly involved if I'm still alive at the time!
I thought about it and repealing the 26th Amendment sounds like a fine idea. 🫡🇺🇲