Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im wondering if like, after we beat Covid and think everything is going to be A-OK after like a week with an open economy we go to get a burrito and its $98
Been there done that, I just stopped eating basically.

That's how I feel about $40 dollar bread loaves which are real. They exist, for reasons, but the poor us, get the price of the $6 ones set by the big players and have no say at all about what goes into those $6 breads unless we rebell and elect someone like Trump who scares the living bejusesus out of people. (we still didn't have a say and they are still made with sawdust and cornsyrup). While the big 'earners' (real people with actual legal status and ability and property) are eating $100 bread loaves or just having their chef prep them from importated Arabian whole grains.

I think we failed tho. We may be in for a rough ride, but I've had a prepper dad with stockpiled goodies saying that for the last 25 yrs.

Who knows, maybe the way to get rid of the penny is to turn the dollar into the penny, and we'll all magically love buying bread for $98 (98 pennies) when 'everyones salary is inflated' which is what the republicans are tryin to say will happen when Amazon wins the corporate wars.

I don't like either scenario very much, but I'm ultraconservative and don't participate properly in society. I would rather grow my own bread and defend my land with pvp, but china won the pvp wars. Can't beat their resist checks.
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-23-2020 at 02:25 PM..
Old 12-23-2020, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been there done that, I just stopped eating basically.

That's how I feel about $40 dollar bread loaves which are real. They exist, for reasons, but the poor us, get the price of the $6 ones set by the big players and have no say at all about what goes into those $6 breads unless we rebell and elect someone like Trump who scares the living bejusesus out of people. (we still didn't have a say and they are still made with sawdust and cornsyrup). While the big 'earners' (real people with actual legal status and ability and property) are eating $100 bread loaves or just having their chef prep them from importated Arabian whole grains.

I think we failed tho. We may be in for a rough ride, but I've had a prepper dad with stockpiled goodies saying that for the last 25 yrs.

Who knows, maybe the way to get rid of the penny is to turn the dollar into the penny, and we'll all magically love buying bread for $98 (98 pennies) when 'everyones salary is inflated' which is what the republicans are tryin to say will happen when Amazon wins the corporate wars.

I don't like either scenario very much, but I'm ultraconservative and don't participate properly in society. I would rather grow my own bread and defend my land with pvp, but china won the pvp wars. Can't beat their resist checks.

I would suggest doing away with Wheat entirely. Quinoa is much easier to grow, harvest, and store, and it's pretty damned good fresh with the whole bud intact.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would suggest doing away with Wheat entirely. Quinoa is much easier to grow, harvest, and store, and it's pretty damned good fresh with the whole bud intact.
I agree, powdered wheat tends to be cheaper to produce? make more people happy? (give dopa to more?)

Guess that's why *cough* the nations *cough* are trending towards a monoculture of whitebreads?

Going to cleanse starkinds conciousness of this 'we' business <3
Old 12-23-2020, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, powdered wheat tends to be cheaper to produce? make more people happy? (give dopa to more?)

Guess that's why *cough* the nations *cough* are trending towards a monoculture of whitebreads?

Going to cleanse starkinds conciousness of this 'we' business <3
I don't even think it's cheaper to produce. This past summer, I literally sprinkled a 3 finger pinch into 3 1" x 30" troughs spaced 6" apart in a raised bed, and it resulted in a veritable stand of growth. Less than 1/4 of 1oz of quinoa netted about 12 pounds. Fairly easy to pulverize into a gluten-free flour with a mortar and pestle, and you can pretty much eat the entire plant as well, although you would probably want to stick to newer growth like Okra, which tends to get really fiberous the longer you leave it on the stalk.

BTW, since Quinoa is a gluten-free grain, you would probably want to dry and pulverize Okra to use as a binding agent in a quinoa dough. Okra is a really great thickener on its own merit, and will allow you to step entirely away from corn/rice/wheat starches for any application which you would use those under "normal" circumstances; whatever that means.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 12-23-2020 at 03:07 PM..
Old 12-23-2020, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even think it's cheaper to produce. This past summer, I literally sprinkled a 3 finger pinch into 3 1" x 30" troughs spaced 6" apart in a raised bed, and it resulted in a veritable stand of growth. Less than 1/4 of 1oz of quinoa netted about 12 pounds. Fairly easy to pulverize into a gluten-free flour with a mortar and pestle, and you can pretty much eat the entire plant as well, although you would probably want to stick to newer growth like Okra, which tends to get really fiberous the longer you leave it on the stalk.

BTW, since Quinoa is a gluten-free grain, you would probably want to dry and pulverize Okra to use as a binding agent in a quinoa dough.
*deep thoughts here, closes eyes, meditates on this*
Old 12-23-2020, 03:32 PM
Banned

Mind you, Amaranth, to which Quinoa belongs, was the primary food of the America's Natives prior to the conquest of Spain.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
We dont have the means to produce the volume we need, we have 50 years of genetic engineering for corn, wheat and soy.

Goodluck growing a big field you will just have husks, bugs will eat everything

and the farmer next door who has 5m acres of roundup ready carbs will have not one bite taken out of each kernel
Old 12-23-2020, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im wondering if like, after we beat Covid and think everything is going to be A-OK after like a week with an open economy we go to get a burrito and its $98
a high pressure burst of air exited my nostrils
Old 12-23-2020, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

As a non trump fan, I am a fan of him vetoing the bill with the low amount that it was. I hope the house gets off it's ass and makes shit happen to get it amended and done with and if they dont I hope a lot of people try to recall their seated officials.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:15 PM
Banned

Just one more excuse for delays and further extended austerity, I fear. Pandemic unemployment expires in 3 days which is the real issue to me, not the free money one time check. I'd be happy to eat those words tho
Closed Thread