Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS: To the people worried about ip exemptions, it's coming. real life & other stuff has gotten in the way. also computer problems got in the way. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

just please be patient and do not pm me about them.
Good to have some news on the subject [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was beginning to worry. Hope you got everything IRL sorted out.

Project 1999 Red
Old 05-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the right answer! Go to the petitions/exploits forum and apply for the IP exemption. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long does it take to process? My wife and I are really wanting to get started. Right now I'm just fooling around on a necro until the exemption goes through.

Pic related
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
PS: To the people worried about ip exemptions, it's coming. real life & other stuff has gotten in the way. also computer problems got in the way. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

just please be patient and do not pm me about them.
Didn't see that before I posted. I'm just happy its still going to happen. I don't want to sound rude but I don't suppose we have an ETA?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth781 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't see that before I posted. I'm just happy its still going to happen. I don't want to sound rude but I don't suppose we have an ETA?
They do it in batches, and it takes like 2 weeks to a month. Make sure you have all thecorrect info in the post (BOTH account names are needed). Make sure its tagged correctly. Then, just be patient. It can take a while. You just need to share until then.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They do it in batches, and it takes like 2 weeks to a month. Make sure you have all thecorrect info in the post (BOTH account names are needed). Make sure its tagged correctly. Then, just be patient. It can take a while. You just need to share until then.
Kinda what we're doing now. I'm paitent. Wife is going to see a friend in another state at the end of this month / first week of next so not really having too much issue with the waiting currently.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Large Bat

I don't believe a batch has been done since March so hopefully any day now.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

I never really understood the totalitarian stance against 2-boxing here. EQ is not a solo friendly game, and on a server with low population, one that takes away even a smidgen of the noob friendliness of later expacs, its even more unfriendly here.

I can understand the part about how 2-boxers ruin games when taken to extremes, ala Sam Deathwalker, but that guy was nothing more than a sad joke. The fact is melee players are screwed on P1999 at the mercy of LFG and the charity of others. I don't know exactly what the server makeup is, but I bet a very large portion of it is mages, necros, and druids just because of the impossibility of soloing a melee. I tried a bard, the easiest melee class, and even that is a royal pain.

Most people who I played with on live who had a melee class boxed a shaman. Its just how it was. Shaman group very well with wars, sks, and monks. It didn't stop these guys from forming groups, it started the core of many groups, and if the group filled up the boxed shaman would just be boxed out of the group for extra heals or slows or whatever was needed while all the mains got xp.

With the IP exemption thing it would still keep down out of control boxing, you are only allowing one exemption per account, at least that is how I think it works. It would be a lot easier to form groups of 3 boxers than it would to solo a warrior to 60.

Just my 2cp on the issue.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Banned

2boxing destroys the game.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never really understood the totalitarian stance against 2-boxing here. EQ is not a solo friendly game, and on a server with low population, one that takes away even a smidgen of the noob friendliness of later expacs, its even more unfriendly here.
Noobs to EQ don't know how to play a single class in the game well, let alone how to play multiple classes well together at the same time. So how exactly would boxing help noobs?
Old 05-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never really understood the totalitarian stance against 2-boxing here. EQ is not a solo friendly game ...
You are correct, EQ is not a solo friendly game. It isn't supposed to be, other than the well-known classes and cases that can do so by its design for kiting, pets, etc. And even then the definition of 'solo' is not exactly what Wowtards would call solo today.

First law of human MMO behavior: If it is perceived as solo-friendly, you will solo. Not group. It's the reason any other MMO out there has no need for grouping. It is a big part of why people don't say 2 words to each other, or get to know many players through their characters any more.

Boxing is the same as mercs, and supposedly for the same rationale.

Quote:
... one that takes away even a smidgen of the noob friendliness of later expacs, its even more unfriendly here. ...
Lol, what? EQ at its friendliest and most social was classic, Kunark, Velious.

Now if by n00b friendliest, you mean "easy fights, no penalties, overpowered gear, soloable or mercable, no class interdependence/socialization for travel or economy" then I guess later expansions would be all that.

If you think those are normal traits for EQ to have, then you should play on live (or Fippy to pretend to play classic) - those are the antithesis of why p99 was made and who mainly plays it.

---------
Btw, I hope when they check for boxing, they check machine ID and not just MAC address of network cards, since you can have 2 clients on the same machine using a different card. But also checking to ensure different machines means they would have to fake using a VM or really have 2 machines, and boxing usually isn't done acrss VMs or machines.

Legit people always play on diff machines; boxers almost never do (other than VMs maybe if they knew machine ID was being checked).

If you can detect physical host machine ID, even better to not be fooled by VMs either.
Last edited by redgiant; 05-28-2012 at 10:22 PM..
Closed Thread