Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
:shrug: Half Elfs should be able to be SKs, shit stats, shit attitude from NPCs, perfect fit. Instead they get Druid & Paladin with gimped wis? Suspect an RP half elf paladin with a severe case of broomstick up the ass on some MUD touched Brad in a nono place.
I agree with this, Half Elves are the consummate representatives of Black Lives Matter in the world of Everquest, and the only class I can justify playing a Half Elf for is Bard. They'd make decent Shadowknights though, I think, from the lore if not the stats. Take all that hatred and abuse they've suffered from their peers over their lives, let it fuel them like some kind of photosynthesis, and project it outward to the world around them.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with this, Half Elves are the consummate representatives of Black Lives Matter in the world of Everquest, and the only class I can justify playing a Half Elf for is Bard. They'd make decent Shadowknights though, I think, from the lore if not the stats. Take all that hatred and abuse they've suffered from their peers over their lives, let it fuel them like some kind of photosynthesis, and project it outward to the world around them.
Way to take a dumb post and make it dumber.

Good luck getting out of 40, figuring out who should practice bind wound, and if tigerraptor armor is good.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way to take a dumb post and make it dumber.

Good luck getting out of 40, figuring out who should practice bind wound, and if tigerraptor armor is good.
Wow, buddy. Who rammed a broomstick up your ass and snapped it off at the base?
Old 06-29-2020, 02:19 AM
Fire Giant

My ranger has Crystal Chitin boots, gauntlets, legs, arms, circlet, and chest, with an ice forged shackle and hero bracer for the visible pieces. It looks sweet and most of it can be used by other character alts I have. While the circlet offers no graphic, that's a good thing that motivates me to continue leveling the character to do (read: purchase) a Helm of the Tracker quest to complete the full chrome plate look. Fem wood elf ranger alts go this route for a reason - the fashionquest is top notch.

Edit - I threw down for a Silvery Belt of Contention for my haste item as it's amazing to put on any alt that's clawing their way up to the 20's, even with cloth casters. Frees up room for the superior Gauntlets over the crystal chitin handwraps.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, buddy. Who rammed a broomstick up your ass and snapped it off at the base?
Pretty sure it was you, comparing the strife of the half elf race in a video game to the seemingly endless oppression of Black People. Poor taste my friend. Black Lives matter, period! and comparing that movement to any facet of this game is just sad and wrong.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure it was you, comparing the strife of the half elf race in a video game to the seemingly endless oppression of Black People. Poor taste my friend. Black Lives matter, period! and comparing that movement to any facet of this game is just sad and wrong.
Fair enough. I can admit when I was in the wrong.

But I still think Half Elves, from a lore perspective, make a good potential candidate for Shadow Knights.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

...it would be a nightmare trying to pick a place to eat with this guy.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...it would be a nightmare trying to pick a place to eat with this guy.
Okay, I don't know where I'm getting all this controversy all of a sudden, but please stop. This was not my intention.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

I was only jokin man, apologies.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Fair enough. I can admit when I was in the wrong.

But I still think Half Elves, from a lore perspective, make a good potential candidate for Shadow Knights.
I respect that you can admit this and thank you for doing so instead of trying to start a forum flame war with me (which I would not have engaged).

As far as your thoughts on Half-elf being a good SK from a lore standpoint: I always thought Half elves could be half human and high elf, wood elf, or dark elf. So why not, sadly this game ain't getting patched with new adjustments anytime soon.

Cheers.
Closed Thread