Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No they aren't. This is just the continuing saga of your bias toward TMO and players who were formerly tagged in that guild. It shows a lot with you. The videos of these races were on youtube viewable for anyone to see.
You are incorrect... however,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, your 7-day statute of limitations is up. Get fucked.
He is correct.

So none of it matters. I have fraps of both guilds, logs of both guild leads admitting to this and names of people that have done it stored. I, however, don't petition. I just keep myself as a healthy repository for information when it is needed in the raid scene.

Real long lasting change doesn't happen in skype channels with GMs, they happen in skype channels with other guild leaders.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, there is a valid point to be made about devising new strategies.
Developing new strategies =/= manipulating the client to gain an advantage
Old 01-17-2017, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically this.

Grey areas exist because of the mentality "if it isn't explicitly banned it's okay". That's been the petitionquest motto since the beginning. Lull pulling is one of those grey areas that was acceptable for awhile and then eventually ruled against the spirit of the rules.
unacceptable line of thinking for any leader. We all have skype access to Sirken and Braknar. If one of your members comes up with a way to do something you send them a message and ask if it is okay.

During Rampage's reign i had a bard that came to me with a faction bending mechanic to kill Klandicar, Gore and Sontalak with unsimilarly factioned mobs and dragon aoes SOLO. I asked Sirken and he said it wasn't possible.

I watched him do it and then invited Sirken to join. He killed Klandicar twice and Sontalak once. (Once for me as proof and once for Sirken as proof). The faction was then changed by a Dev because they didn't approve.

Fix the game. Don't try to break it. Helpful hackers v.s. community terrorists.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically this.

Grey areas exist because of the mentality "if it isn't explicitly banned it's okay". That's been the petitionquest motto since the beginning. Lull pulling is one of those grey areas that was acceptable for awhile and then eventually ruled against the spirit of the rules.

Exploiting how FPS changes when tabbing to gain a lead is pretty clearly against the spirit of the rules. If hjial was the only one doing this and Awakened the only one benefiting it makes sense to suspend them.
Is this the "Better to ask for forgiveness than permission" raid strat?
Old 01-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are incorrect... however,

He is correct.

So none of it matters. I have fraps of both guilds, logs of both guild leads admitting to this and names of people that have done it stored. I, however, don't petition. I just keep myself as a healthy repository for information when it is needed in the raid scene.

Real long lasting change doesn't happen in skype channels with GMs, they happen in skype channels with other guild leaders.
No I was not incorrect.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then share the videos for everyone to see. This is just more posturing from a poorly run guild.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PUQd1kevYqk

Note how Mistin's screen lags out, lowering his FPS at the 4-way when he jumps off the center pillar, and at the Aaryonar drop and at the ramp down to Vulak 4-way.

Sometimes people mean what they say.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No I was not incorrect.
sigh, do i need to go get skype channel admissions from AM guild leader saying that he DOES have people who have done this? Because Detoxx doesn't even try to deny it. He's trying to move past it. Don't spin bad information. It doesn't help your guild. They both did it. AM wants to stop doing it. AW has some people who still do it and their leadership needs to lay down the law internally. Both guilds publicly don't want to do it moving forward.

Tomorrow is a brighter future. Yesterday was crappy. Don't deny facts.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Then share the videos for everyone to see. This is just more posturing from a poorly run guild.
He doesn't have the petition. Actually, the petition was just a request to make this stop on all sides from ALL guilds - Awakened just kept doing it and then finally got caught by staff and then was validated by player fraps. In fact, the petition said specifically "I am not trying to get anyone in trouble, I just want this to stop all around". This followed a conversation Detoxx had with Breaken where they both acknowledged it was happening and Breaken blessed it as fair game.

The problem with Awakened is that they have a "it's not illegal if you don't get caught mentality" and it's been this way since their days as Taken. My best example goes back to Catherin and Auto-Fire, but there are countless examples. I've even spoken to Awakened members that make a case saying that "It doesn't matter if we eat a 10 day suspension - Sirken doesn't delete loot anymore, so we can do whatever we want for an entire raid cycle and then worst case scenario we lose one cycle" - this is actually from a conversation which I had with an old friend of mine and one of their top FTErs.

The mentality trickles down from the leadership to the players, trying to gain the edge at whatever expense. It's no longer about actually getting the mob it's more about the satisfaction of getting away with murder.

If you read this thread, there are no Awakened members criticizing Hijal for using a tactic they knew was manipulative and exploitative, they're simply attacking Aftermath for "Doing it, too". And, that's the problem as it was, as it is, and how it will continue to be.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PUQd1kevYqk

Note how Mistin's screen lags out, lowering his FPS at the 4-way when he jumps off the center pillar, and at the Aaryonar drop and at the ramp down to Vulak 4-way.

Sometimes people mean what they say.
Uhm no. In that video you see no alt+tab occurring. If you watch any race by Hjial you see the screen quickly swap when he alt+tab jumps. All that video shows is a player legitimately running competing against a guy alt+tabbing.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Misquoted myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is deflecting blame. We simply stated the fact that your guild, including your guild leader, does it also. But that probably wasn't mentioned in the petition. No worries, as we have these videos.
Closed Thread