Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone actually seen the DPS a Paladin can put out when (s)he is playing the class to its fullest and has the gear? Pally epic with 41% haste belt, the epics proc, the secondary proc you get from Divine Might, and Str/Dex capped to max out slashing DPS and procs, the numbers they can put out (relative to their class) are pretty scary. That and the combination of Bash with the epic and the availability of stuns (and both procs count as stuns, if I remember correctly) makes the Paladin an absolute TERROR against casters, especially undead casters.
Oh come on. You live in a dream world if you think a Pally has awesome DPS output and any point in their life. I can't think of a worse class on the whole game that has less DPS. No Caster or Melee I can think of. None. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hell even a Ranger looks like Bruce Lee compared to a Pally. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] SK is not much more but with their pet, and it does add up over a long fight, they do more DPS. Harm Touch alone is more than probably a Pally can do 3/4 of the fight. Granted it has a LONG reset timer but it still is DPS.

Hey I play a Pally and like it, but in CoM we are not talking about a killing machine like a Monk can be. There is times I want to just delete the bastard and put me out of my misery. Pretty bad when the Shaman says "afk for about 5 minutes while I make a sandwich and get a beer", and I say "NP, no hurry, the mob will be here when you get back. Will need another Haste when you get back plz to finish it off". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by webrunner5; 11-13-2014 at 09:42 AM..
Old 11-13-2014, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh come on. You live in a dream world if you think a Pally has awesome DPS output and any point in their life. I can't think of a worse class on the whole game that has less DPS. No Caster or Melee I can think of. None. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hell even a Ranger looks like Bruce Lee compared to a Pally. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] SK is not much more but with their pet, and it does add up over a long fight, they do more DPS. Harm Touch alone is more than probably a Pally can do 3/4 of the fight. Granted it has a LONG reset timer but it still is DPS.

Hey I play a Pally and like it, but in CoM we are not talking about a killing machine like a Monk can be. There is times I want to just delete the bastard and put me out of my misery. Pretty bad when the Shaman says "afk for about 5 minutes while I make a sandwich and get a beer", and I say "NP, no hurry, the mob will be here when you get back. Will need another Haste when you get back plz". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder how a pally does in PvP on Red, specifically with blind, root, and all those stuns against a caster.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 11-13-2014 at 05:15 AM..
Old 11-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder how a pally does in PvP on Red, specifically with blind, root, and all those stuns against a caster.
They do good at it just like a Cleric does, but, and it is a big but, they cannot kill the other person. So it is useless, and the Problem with the Pally over a Cleric you can't maybe get a Gate off. SO I would not recommend one if you want to Solo. But if you are lucky you can keep healing yourself till you zone. But good luck with that ending well a lot of times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But good in groups just like a Cleric.
Last edited by webrunner5; 11-13-2014 at 10:15 AM..
Old 11-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the DPS argument isn't even worth anyones time. Hybrid DPS sucks, period. No matter what.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

High elf paladin is most pro race/ class combo in game.

And Fatty's a big dumb dumb.