Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right now it's pretty fun, but I do think shit's gonna truly hit the fan when the regular players hit the upper levels and hundreds upon hundreds of people have to make do with two endgame dungeons and a dozen or so worthwhile solo camps.
I said this the other day and people said I was wrong. This is when it will get bad.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:56 AM
Banned

Yeah but I mean, p99 blue flourished and grew to huge success, and it had WAY LONGER windows within each expansion. Never underestimate the nerd lust for pixels.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:42 AM
Aviak

Default player loss

I have a few friends who are casual (myself included). I can sense that the overpopulation is an issue for them. I think they chalked it up to being launch day/week but if it doesn't simmer down I fear all its gonna take is 4-6 hours per level at lvl 6 due to lack of mobs and they'll quit forever. In the end we might just have blue and green with basically the same population as blue was. We should re-do the server split vote and make every effort for people to understand they will be re-merged.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said this the other day and people said I was wrong. This is when it will get bad.
Like i said yesterday:The people who voted "NO" on the "Server Split" were the upper-half of the population well ahead of the curve.

The server is gonna be unplayable for 90% of people in a month or so. We're gonna have literally 2000+ players in the level 40-50 range and, MAYBE, two dozen level-appropriate experience camps (and that doesn't even account for the speedrunners who are gonna be solo and duoing many of these camps for item drops)
Old 10-30-2019, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like i said yesterday:The people who voted "NO" on the "Server Split" were the upper-half of the population well ahead of the curve.

The server is gonna be unplayable for 90% of people in a month or so. We're gonna have literally 2000+ players in the level 40-50 range and, MAYBE, two dozen level-appropriate experience camps (and that doesn't even account for the speedrunners who are gonna be solo and duoing many of these camps for item drops)
If the ratio is really that dire, then obviously the vote is going to always swing toward no split. It's literally only been live five days, give it a month or so sheesh.

I honestly was expecting level 50s by monday and there still aren't any 30's I'm aware of. It's not as bad as you think.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the ratio is really that dire, then obviously the vote is going to always swing toward no split. It's literally only been live five days, give it a month or so sheesh.
not sure I see the logic here. The longer we wait, the worse it will be.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure I see the logic here. The longer we wait, the worse it will be.
For whom exactly? I mean, I'm level 10 and I play maybe 3 hours a day and I didn't have any special knowledge or obscure spawns to camp. I'd be more in favor of just upping the spawn rate even more than it already is in newbie zones than splitting the server. I understand it's only intended to be temporary, but it also flirts with instancing which I am super against.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For whom exactly? I mean, I'm level 10 and I play maybe 3 hours a day and I didn't have any special knowledge or obscure spawns to camp. I'd be more in favor of just upping the spawn rate even more than it already is in newbie zones than splitting the server. I understand it's only intended to be temporary, but it also flirts with instancing which I am super against.
And upping the spawns can be exploited majorly and is a horrible idea. Which is why they are being so stingy about the spawn rates.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yeah but I mean, p99 blue flourished and grew to huge success, and it had WAY LONGER windows within each expansion. Never underestimate the nerd lust for pixels.
P99 started with like 100 players and grew gradually over time. It didn't have 1k players arriving at the endgame at the same time.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 started with like 100 players and grew gradually over time. It didn't have 1k players arriving at the endgame at the same time.
Maybe someone will read this and let it soak in cause I have said it a dozen times on these boards and no one seems to understand that.