Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Sarnak

Eccezan so butthurt its amazing to watch lol

ya all had it coming. We all know the leaders/officers were in on it, it was a guild programm, not actions of couple black sheeps. Sharing 83 aacounts? really? You bought all these for duped plat and now you are using them to cockblock the raid scene.

Ban them all! Disband TMO! Wipe them of the earth like a scum they are.

/christmas
Old 12-20-2013, 07:29 AM
Fire Giant

When I say what I'm about to say I'm not sticking up for TMO....The torches and pitchforks are out on the parts of so many for good reason. When you are the top guild on a server (the only real classic server in existence) for so long AND make a point of rat bastard cockblocking every other raid capable guild for years (plural) from content you haven't needed for years (plural) to the point where people understand when they roll certain classes they do so with the understanding that if they ever want their epics years (plural) after kunark came out that they will have to buy pieces from you AND you are singlehandedly responsible for new players being advised to abandon all hopes of raiding AND you allow your members to strut around and gloat about this like complete nutsacks, you are the epitome of naive to think the whole world isn't going to demand your balls on a plate when given half an excuse like this. And pretty fucking whiney on top of it. Your "some people have more time and different life priorites" plea isn't going to gain you a whole lot of sympathy from people with RL responsibilities who also put inordinate amounts of time and dedication into playing here but have been completely shut out of the raid game because of the way you, as a group, have chosen to comport yourselves here. For years (plural).

The short non-run on version of that: You behaved badly and now your chickens are coming home to roost. Rest assured, OJ Simpson isn't sitting in jail for 30 years just because he tried to steal back his stuff from a sleezy junk dealer. He got the book thrown at him for that because he got away with murder, acted like an asshole for years after, then gave somebody an excuse to get him in a courtroom again. And there isn't a living soul on the planet that loses a moment's sleep over it. That's what happens when you paint a big target on yourself.

And I applaud Rogean and the staff for being all over this. We've all known for years that the remaining "cesspool" aspects of playing here pretty much starts at the top and trickles down in its various forms.Reading between the lines of the announcement, it sounds like they've finally just had enough, in general. If that's truly the case I, like many others, feel they are going pretty easy on you guys, honestly.

BUT, I find myself seriously concerned with how they went about this. People can speculate all they want, but no one really knows to what extent the guild knew about the exploiting and RMTing. I don't like people getting strung up based on circumstantial evidence and, to me, it seems a bit heavy handed to ban any account those players simply logged into without some evidence that those accounts were involved in or benefited from the exploits. My understanding is that cash can be tracked...I sincerely hope that during the temp ban they will be investigating exactly which accounts were involved and which weren't. Banning an account simply because it was logged into on an IP because that IP was also used by a cheater at some other point is throwing a very big and indiscriminate net. And sets a really bad precident. Yes, I'm aware of being responsible for account info, but if an account was never used for cheating and did not benefit from cheating, then it should never be banned, IMO. Froth for blood all you want, but bullshit is still bullshit.

There have been a lot of times I haven't envied the server staff, but sorting this out tops them all.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

What's so difficult to understand? The exploits were committed by 2 people on a limited number of accounts. Nobody else knew about the exploits. These two people logged a lot of different people's accounts in their time in the guild, and now every account they've ever logged is suspended or banned despite never exploiting on most of these accounts. Some of the accounts were only logged by the offenders a single time.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's so difficult to understand? The exploits were committed by 2 people on a limited number of accounts. Nobody else knew about the exploits. These two people logged a lot of different people's accounts in their time in the guild, and now every account they've ever logged is suspended or banned despite never exploiting on most of these accounts. Some of the accounts were only logged by the offenders a single time.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
limited number of accounts.
lol
Old 12-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Fire Giant

Stop talking Jeremy, we stopped believing you at "buut guise we didn't know''

Every one of you deserves this punishment for all the shit you pull to swing the raid scene to your benefit.

Good night.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 12-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I swear all I did was give the guy plat and he gave me a character. Why should that character get banned for something he did? I mean it wasnt the class/race/sex combo I woulda picked, but the extra character helped the guild. Why would I turn it down? I mean I paid him right? wth, unban my char
Last edited by heazels; 12-20-2013 at 07:51 AM..
Old 12-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Jeremy, please stop pretending like what your guild mates did is something so minuscule.

If this were IBFE except after C, you would be having a field day
Old 12-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
GTFO, no one wants to hear your lies and excuses. Ban this cheater!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

I not saying anything is minuscule - I'm appalled at what two people I liked and trusted have done. They fully deserve their punishment. However, as far as I know, nobody knew about it or benefited from it aside from the two perpetrators. To hold every owner of every account they ever logged (even just one time) accountable for their actions is unfair in my opinion (when someone is banned for MQ they don't ban every account the person ever logged - they ban the ones on which the hacks were used), but I can see where the staff is coming from.