Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Banned

but Kunark is played out and Holo is doing more good by getting tons of people Velious ready, so they'll stick around
Old 02-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Gitem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susvain2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but Kunark is played out and Holo is doing more good by getting tons of people Velious ready, so they'll stick around
they'll stick around and stay in the same guild with lop sided numbers eventually making the server the same as it was when nihilum was practically the only guild to join.

just turn off pvp already.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Banned

Bottom line Variance would be good for pvp. You know it would be good for pvp when everyone who's against it spends all their online time trying to avoid pvp at all costs unless a pixel is involved.

I personally don't give a shit about the pixels I just want the more pvp that will stem from trying to lock down zones to find pops. Doesn't help me personally in any way, I get all my pixels from rolling new toons into holocaust.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

After reading the thread so far I have come to a firm conclusions out those who are hardcore in favor of variance.
There are really only three possible answers for this.
1. They don't actually grasp what variance is and are confusing it with something else, like simulated re-pops.
2. They know what variance is and have either been convinced, or have convinced themselves that it will breed more pvp and competition. They are wrong.
3. They know exactly what is involved with variance, but they don't care that it will be horrible for the server because they just want to have a shot at sniping an easy raid mob every week without pvp while still having time to try to interrupt other guilds raid attempts.

Just say no to variance. Variance = blue raid scene. No amount of pvp could make variance worth it.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize even some of the most hard core beards on blue are leaving it because of variance

It is horrible
+1

Variance is retarded, if you have variance, then at least have linked spawns, eg CT, inny, vs spawning at the same time... that way all guilds get a chance...
Old 02-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Banned

Last night was variance. 0 pvp.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
problem is that on this server that turns into a 30v30v60 then a 30v90 then a 15v105.
Diplomacy, Alliances and Tactical thinking will allow several groups to overthrow a larger entity.

Variance will not.

Gradner Goodtimes - 60 Bard
Old 02-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After reading the thread so far I have come to a firm conclusions out those who are hardcore in favor of variance.
There are really only three possible answers for this.
1. They don't actually grasp what variance is and are confusing it with something else, like simulated re-pops.
2. They know what variance is and have either been convinced, or have convinced themselves that it will breed more pvp and competition. They are wrong.
3. They know exactly what is involved with variance, but they don't care that it will be horrible for the server because they just want to have a shot at sniping an easy raid mob every week without pvp while still having time to try to interrupt other guilds raid attempts.

Just say no to variance. Variance = blue raid scene. No amount of pvp could make variance worth it.
One thing is for sure static timers aren't bringing more pvp and they certainly aren't bringing more people to contest the 80 man zerg waiting hours in advance to each pop.

That's a fact, all that shit your saying is an opinion, and honestly wtf should we take the opinion of a blue who doesn't give a shit about pvp and dies eveytime he tries it?

First prove to us

A. you care about pvp

Or

B. you are competent in it

Then well give a shit about your opinions on the matter. But Im gonna go to a martial arts master to learn martial arts not Dan the fat guy down the street.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP The Jacka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last night was variance. 0 pvp.
No. Last night was re-pop. Totally different.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

So gr8 to have Syft the village idiot back FQing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread