Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

It's strange how conservatives never said a word about inflation when their rape daddy spent trillions cutting taxes for his rich cronies.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:40 PM
Banned

All I’m saying in regards to income inequality specifically is that this is how I picture it:

Someone works as a carpenter and used to make $13/hour making furniture out of wood, now makes $15/hour a few years later

Someone else works as an aerospace engineer who also invests in the stock market and used to make $500,000k/year, but a few years later makes close to $800,000k/year

The second person has literally no affect on the first person’s life. He doesn’t employ that person, he doesn’t buy furniture from that person, doesn’t even know that person exists. And vice-versa

Then someone else says to the first person “Did you know this other guy is making $800,000/year?” And the first guy now has some newfound perspective on his income. What used to satisfy now seems meager. He doesn’t understand the skill-gap between aerospace engineering and carpentry and doesn’t care to understand it. He is now fired up that some injustice has taken place, despite the fact that both parties improved their earnings over the past year
Old 12-31-2021, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn’t explicitly say it, but too many people conflate income inequality to mean one side of the spectrum is literally stealing the money from the other side of the spectrum. Inequality just means both sides are GROWING, just that the far side is growing at a exponentially higher rate. But as long as both sides are growing, that is still a net positive for this country. People get more fired up about income inequality due to being lied to and believing that evil mustache-twisting monopoly-game villains are stealing their money from them

Crime is rising because of soft-on-crime local legislation. Bail reform has put a lot of career criminals back on the streets, the Christmas parade massacre is a big example. People are not stealing loaves of bread like AOC claims, they are flash mob stealing high end clothing and electronics stores because they know they can get away with it

You should run as a Democrat, not a moderate Republican
Lol i am not a democrat buddy. I believe very strongly in NATO, capitalism, democracy, the bill of rights, etc

I do not believe anything left of center except for us being good stewards of the environment. The Republican Party just moved way to the right
Old 12-31-2021, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Inequality does not imply theft. If an investment banker has enough to buy three houses, and a teacher is priced out of buying one house, we have a politically destabilizing problem. This does not make the banker immoral, it simply means the rest of us must consider how our society is structured. I am also a person who considers education to be more important than anything, so I am biased.

That is just a simplified example, but structurally, something has to change before each party is dominated by populists (sad but true - populists are not competent and almost never deliver
Old 12-31-2021, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

If I was Putin id hype up trump, and sew discontent in the usa, then I'd threaten biden so much and just troll him basically like someone on the forums until the messaging is that he's a baffoon and unhinged and as a result created an international crisis that ended with putin having to take Ukraine.

https://www.businessinsider.com/puti...rce=reddit.com
Old 12-31-2021, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
an international crisis that ended with putin having to take Ukraine.
lol
Old 12-31-2021, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inequality does not imply theft. If an investment banker has enough to buy three houses, and a teacher is priced out of buying one house
The price of that house has far more to do with the investment banker's CHOICE to invest their money in houses rather than how much money they make

If the investment banker made $100,000,000,000 per day, yet never chose to invest in the housing market, their income has absolutely ZERO bearing on the teacher's income OR the teacher's purchasing power of homes

So stop trying to legislate stealing money from the investment banker and instead maybe restrict how many homes can be purchased as investments, is my opinion
Old 12-31-2021, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
biden literally said the only punishment would be sanctions that putin just laughed in his face about.

hes gonna take ukrain, and blame it on crotchety old man sleepy joe and the messaging will stick because lets go brandon.

this is easy stuff.
Old 12-31-2021, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
biden literally said the only punishment would be sanctions that putin just laughed in his face about.

hes gonna take ukrain, and blame it on crotchety old man sleepy joe and the messaging will stick because lets go brandon.

this is easy stuff.
Just because you Republicans are Putin's official ball washers doesn't mean that the rest of the world is similarly stupid and naive.
Old 12-31-2021, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because you Republicans are Putin's official ball washers doesn't mean that the rest of the world is similarly stupid and naive.
you spent the last 6 years sucking putins fake russia collusion propaganda's dick.
Closed Thread