Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-17-2023, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yo yo, sorry was on a camping trip with no cell signal for the weekend, although it was nice to unplug during all this war drama

I am not as competitive with lifting as I am with cardio, although I try to stay above average to what I see in the gym. I may start going harder with lifts again, it’s just at 40+, the risks are much higher than going hard on cardio. I also always do at least 30 min of cardio first in my workouts, when most fitness channels recommend doing cardio after

My lifts are around (I go by 45lb plates since I hate doing the math):

3 plate each side squats for reps. Best ever I did lifetime was 4 plates each side. I only high-back-placed squat, raw, in the squat rack

3 plate each side Romanian deadlifts for reps (these should be higher weight than squats for everyone, but I almost tore some ass tendon going hard years ago and have been spooked ever since. I prefer to just do higher reps and if I really want to suffer, not let the bar touch the ground on some sets, but get really close)

2 plate each side bench, rarely. I have a naturally big chest that actually gets so big it doesn’t look aesthetic compared to the rest of my body so I greatly neglect my chest to keep more in proportion

60lb seated military dumbbells, 35lb each side standing barbell press. I could go higher on standing barbell press but as I fatigue, if I fuck up on my form in the slightest, I can torque my neck in a way where it hurts to look to one side for weeks. Not worth it to me. Had that injury multiple times!

45lb dumbbell curls

Hmm does anyone care about other stuff? I do a lot of diff other lifts, each session is 1.5hrs mostly super-set since I hate sitting and wasting time
At 40+ it’s time to phase out barbell squats and deadlifts man. It’s sad but true. Keep doing the cardio though
Old 10-17-2023, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

half dome was a success. ~16 miles and ~5100' of elevation gain and loss. the cables for the final 400' climb were a traffic jam. once i got back down the cables, i trail ran the entire way back down into the valley to our campsite.

time up- 6 hours
time down- 1 hour 55 mins

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by booter; 10-17-2023 at 04:50 PM..
Old 10-17-2023, 04:58 PM
Banned

That's just rad. Hell yeah
Old 10-17-2023, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
half dome was a success
Congrats booter. That seems like an impressive hike. One to the keep in the memories for some time that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's just rad. Hell yeah
It's definitely ok to be a nature lover. Hamas lover - not so sure. That's not ok given recent events.
Last edited by Seducio; 10-17-2023 at 05:41 PM..
Old 10-17-2023, 06:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's definitely ok to be a nature lover. Hamas lover - not so sure. That's not ok given recent events.
please keep this shit OUT of the lose weight enjoyers thread
Old 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People blown up in wars lose weight. They never complain so they clearly enjoy it.
Hate less.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'll do that if you encourage Origen to stop calling all the people on this board fascists willy nilly. You do realize he wanted to shut down the Off Topic subforum ya?
Old 10-17-2023, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Not bad as far as half dome traffic jams go, I've definitely heard accounts of worse. Lucky fucker winning that lottery
Old 10-18-2023, 12:01 AM
Banned

Default dead men tell no tales

Old 10-18-2023, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Aussen somehow manages to post about israel in the lose weight thread and have it be relevant; impressive